solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    By the way, I agree with EdgeWalker, but still love me some GSP.
    wait, you agree with him that my dojo has a racist symbol in the logo and think i'm a bad person for training there?

i thought you were smarter than that.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 3:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    Wait, you agree with him that my dojo has a racist symbol in the logo and think I'm a badass for training there?
    Racist symbols are badass.

Iron eagles, iron crosses, and everything in between.

Why not enjoy the symmetry?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least the cheating embarrassment to Kyokushin won't be able to coat himself with grease when wearing this fucking gi.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 3:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeWalker View Post
    Attachment 14024
    For bullies who are not familiar with history, "Rising Sun" is the Japanese equivilant of the German Hakenkreuz. It is regarded as a symbol of Japanese Imperialism, yet somehow Hayabusa gets away with using it on their products.

I don't know about you guys, but I find this really offensive. Really destroyed my respect for GSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    The rising sun flag is red and white, not black and white. Why am I the first to bring this up? Give me a 100 burpees.

GSP IS BAD FOR MMA, RITE OMEGA?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 7:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wait, you agree with him that my dojo has a racist symbol in the logo and think i'm a bad person for training there?

i thought you were smarter than that.
    You can't be racist.

You're Asian.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 4:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rising sun symbol looks kinda cool now I know what its associated with though I would never wear it. To do so after the fact of learning about it would be assholish

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 8:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe View Post
    The rising sun symbol looks kinda cool now I know what its associated with though I would never wear it. To do so after the fact of learning about it would be assholish
    i can respect that choice, but *only* if you also refuse to wear the US flag, the UK flag, the french flag, the spanish flag, the german flag, etc. because they are all offensive to some group, and have all been flown in times of atrocity.

to put the rising sun in a different category than the rest of those would be extremely ignorant. to do what many koreans do and to equate the rising sun with the swastika is laughable and shows a mind led by emotion and with an alarming lack of logical thought.

people have a right to be offended. thats *their* hang up. to make statements like equating the rising sun with the swastika, and to say that anyone using the rising sun today is flying a racist symbol? bullshit. utter bullshit.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 9:56am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get your point, but you are using American sensibilities. The US, as a true independent nation, HAS never been occupied by another military force as a part of a take over. Also, lets not forget their propaganda machine. You know the same one that occurred in Japan where they didn't lose WWII.

So, no, it isn't utter bullshit for some Koreans to feel the Rising Sun equals The Swastika. I don't agree, then again, I know people who think the same about the Union Jack. So, it is all relative to your perspective.

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 10:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I get your point, but you are using American sensibilities. The US, as a true independent nation, HAS never been occupied by another military force as a part of a take over. Also, lets not forget their propaganda machine. You know the same one that occurred in Japan where they didn't lose WWII.
    irrelevant to my point.

yes japan did terrible things to korea. yes they should admit it. yes they should have apologized. yes they should teach what was done in history classes. (and so should every other country that has done evil in the past, which includes pretty much every country.)

however, the swastika (the specific version used by the nazi party anyway) was the symbol of the nazi party. period. not the german military, the nazi party.

it was used *only* during nazi control of germany, and within germany *only* has a connection with the nazi party. it was not used as a military symbol before or after that period.

the rising sun, on the other hand (like the US flag, the UK flag, etc) was used before and after the period in question and has a long history of usage with no connection to the atrocities in question.

rising sun is not equal to the swastika. period. you are comparing apples and oranges.

So, no, it isn't utter bullshit for some Koreans to feel the Rising Sun equals The Swastika. I don't agree, then again, I know people who think the same about the Union Jack. So, it is all relative to your perspective.
    they can feel any way they want, i support their right to be butthurt about it and to take offense in any way they want, but they're wrong if they equate the two.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 10:19am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    irrelevant to my point.

yes japan did terrible things to korea. yes they should admit it. yes they should have apologized. yes they should teach what was done in history classes. (and so should every other country that has done evil in the past, which includes pretty much every country.)

however, the swastika (the specific version used by the nazi party anyway) was the symbol of the nazi party. period. not the german military, the nazi party.

it was used *only* during nazi control of germany, and within germany *only* has a connection with the nazi party. it was not used as a military symbol before or after that period.

the rising sun, on the other hand (like the US flag, the UK flag, etc) was used before and after the period in question and has a long history of usage with no connection to the atrocities in question.

rising sun is not equal to the swastika. period. you are comparing apples and oranges.
    Nope completely relevant. You want to argue country vs political party go ahead. You brought in the examples of Multi-country atrocities and flags, then say apples and oranges. Okay, We will disagree. All people do not draw the separation you do. Both are fruit again perspective.

they can feel any way they want, i support their right to be butthurt about it and to take offense in any way they want, but they're wrong if they equate the two.
    No, they are not wrong.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/25/2013 10:22am at .
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast