Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Rising Sun is probably closer to the Iron Cross or Union Jack and those things get plastered everywhere these days.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:18am

Style: Taekkyon Kudo MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    You do understand it is also your governments fault that they are "embarrassed" or what have you to talk about the monstrosities done to them by the Japanese. If they would release more data, and force Japan to own up to what it did, they will get the exposure they deserve.
    What you said is only half true. It's not because the Korean and Chinese goverments were embarrassed by the past, but the need of the present got in the way of releasing more information about the past.

I do agree though, that they should and could have done a better job at making Japan own up for its past.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    The Rising Sun is probably closer to the Iron Cross or Union Jack and those things get plastered everywhere these days.
    Iron Cross? maybe. Union Jack? no

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    You do understand it is also your governments fault that they are "embarrassed" or what have you to talk about the monstrosities done to them by the Japanese. If they would release more data, and force Japan to own up to what it did, they will get the exposure they deserve.
    No.

Because Asian countries tend to downplay their tragedies. Even if it happened to them. Jews knew that if they milked their tragedy hard enough, they'd get some good ****. If Cambodians, Hmong, Mien and Laotians knew how to milk the tragedy (hint: just bitch about it a lot) then they'd all get the entire world to help them get whatever it is that they wanted.

In America, we like to hyperbole everything and exaggerate what's going on. In Asian countries they play everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Uh... no.

The Rising Sun is Equivalent to the Swastika in the Majority parts of Asia. In the western world it's used as a commemorative icon to represent Asian people. It's a fucking horrible ignorant cycle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:42am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nööb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like I haven't been aware of the whole scope of what that symbol means to people. Interesting to know.

Puts this thing into a slightly different perspective for me. I guess we need to get GSP to post (or at least lurk) here.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 7:05am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    No.

Because Asian countries tend to downplay their tragedies. Even if it happened to them. Jews knew that if they milked their tragedy hard enough, they'd get some good ****. If Cambodians, Hmong, Mien and Laotians knew how to milk the tragedy (hint: just bitch about it a lot) then they'd all get the entire world to help them get whatever it is that they wanted.

In America, we like to hyperbole everything and exaggerate what's going on. In Asian countries they play everything down.

Uh... no.

The Rising Sun is Equivalent to the Swastika in the Majority parts of Asia. In the western world it's used as a commemorative icon to represent Asian people. It's a fucking horrible ignorant cycle.
    No.
    so you bitch about suffering from racism or what have you and you say only blacks and Latins racism is acknowledged (probably because they also bitch about it? not just those jews milking stuff?) and than you make it sound like the jews are in the wrong for "milking" their suffering.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 9:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Seems like I haven't been aware of the whole scope of what that symbol means to people. Interesting to know.

Puts this thing into a slightly different perspective for me. I guess we need to get GSP to post (or at least lurk) here.
    and how do we achieve that?

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeWalker View Post
    and how do we achieve that?
    By using a current flag (if someone really feels the need to have a flag on their gi) to be proud of.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 10:00am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Japanese imperial racist symbols aside, here's another take on the whole thing. GSP is French Canadian. It's extremely weeaboo of him to be wearing a gi like that in the first place.

It would be as if I started sporting a sombrero to Boxing events. I'm not Mexican, no matter how much I like Boxing and the ladies on Univision's "ˇDespierta América!".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Japanese imperial racist symbols aside, here's another take on the whole thing. GSP is French Canadian. It's extremely weeaboo of him to be wearing a gi like that in the first place.

It would be as if I started sporting a sombrero to Boxing events. I'm not Mexican, no matter how much I like Boxing and the ladies on Univision's "ˇDespierta América!".
    Being an otaku is not a sin. Ignorance is.
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast