Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 11:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeWalker View Post
    Japanese Imperialism that terrorized the Asian continent is still very much alive.
    Really when was the last time Japan conquered a country?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 11:53pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Were you alive when all this **** was happening? If not was your dad? If so how cognative was he of what was going on?

Stop being a fucking cliche' .

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 12:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps you should worry more about the people just north of the 38th parallel than the current "Imperial Japanese".

You know the ones that where originally and for a large number of years empowered by the Soviet Union.

This empire
    [image]http://flagspot.net/images/s/su.gif[/image]

Has caused issues that your country still faces.

The problems caused by this empire are history.

[image]http://www.ultimateflags.com/images/...flag-01-01.gif[/image]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 3:24am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps the deal with Hayabusa and the flag is similar like with swastika in the east. Nazis turned it around. Perhaps this flag has wrong number of rays, wrong colour,... and is therefore just vaguely similar but all different?
    But I tottaly understand the fuss. If I'd live in an enviroment occupied by Japanese I would react the same as I do against ex-german symbols. I don't mind the eastern swastica tho' and wouldn't mind Hayabusa if that's the deal.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    If I'd live in an enviroment occupied by Japanese I would react the same as I do against ex-german symbols. I don't mind the eastern swastica tho' and wouldn't mind Hayabusa if that's the deal.
    I have a Bundeswehr shirt that I regularly wear. It is a symbol of the modern German Army. I trained with a partnership unit in Mainz and found them to be a great bunch of fellows. Is this considered offensive?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 8:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I meant ex - Nazi symbols like swastica and ss runes, I -and the rest normal bunch of the people- have no issues with modern german army and symbols, everyone likes to use eagles.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    Sorry, I meant ex - Nazi symbols like swastica and ss runes, I -and the rest normal bunch of the people- have no issues with modern german army and symbols, everyone likes to use eagles.
    I would never wear anything that the world considers a symbol of oppression or racism (swastika, cross-wheel, etc.). The original post is way off base, and the poster is just wrong by insisting that the members agree that GSP isn't politically correct because he is wearing / advertising the gi.

Some people wear things to make a statement, some because they think it looks cool, and some out of ignorance. At any rate, it is ultimately their personal choice and right.

That gi is ugly as **** anyway and I wouldn't buy / wear one if all I had to wear was a towel.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 12:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    I would never wear anything that the world considers a symbol of oppression or racism (swastika, cross-wheel, etc.).
    Is there even one symbol so considered by the entire world?

Swastikas are not presently seen this way in counties where temples have them on the doors and walls, and for most of our history nobody, anywhere, saw them negatively.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 1:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hitler turned it around - to the right. That's the swastica that creates a fuss and is a common symbol of oppression, dictatorship, torture and suffering around the world and wearing it or the all known Schutzstaffel runes is at least distasteful. Again, Nazi swastica is different than eastern swastica.
    However the Eisenkreuz and Bundeswehr symbols are mostly ok with people and me, unless used with upper combination.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 1:58pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

GSP and his "Rising Sun" Gi

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Given that I don't speak Japanese that video does me no good what so ever.

Go ahead and youtube the term Neo-Nazi,
    You will see ARMED people that have training camps.
    actively still terrorize everyone that is not a WASP, that still speak in extremely hateful rhetoric, and still honestly believe that anyone that isn't a WASP is actually subhuman.
    Oh and the world wide population of Neo-Nazi's significantly outnumber the amount of Uyoku dantai in Japan.

When the Japanese military stops using the rising sun flag actively then maybe you can make some claim but as it stands someone who buys this Gi may simply be showing there support for the Japanese Military and not its imperial roots.

The more info I get the more I see it as sporting something similar to this T-Shirt
    [image]http://www.leatherneck.com/store/ima...hirt-large.png[/image]
    Is modern Neo Nazis a WASP movement? I know the original Nazis were not a Wasp movement but have not spent any time studying Neo Nazis.
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 ... LastLast