Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 5:15am

Style: Aiki, I-Chuan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was only Martin Cove, the instructor from the karate kid who wound up taking a beating from Mr. Miyagi????

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 1:53pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My personal fave is always gonna be the no-brain idiot who challenged Hector Lombard to full contact.

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 3:31pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if the past proliferation of McDojos might have something to do with street brawlers thinking that they have a chance against an actual master?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 3:40pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie McGee View Post
    My gym sells them too, but they don't loan a pair to every dick head who walks in. Makes we wonder if it went something like, "Yo, Imma beat yo' skinny punk ass, but only after I purchase one of your fine selections of silky shorts."
    I've seen guys wearing thai shorts on the day they first walked into the gym. They had bought them for training at home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 3:52pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
    I wonder if the past proliferation of McDojos might have something to do with street brawlers thinking that they have a chance against an actual master?
    Surely not MT, anyone doing a modicum of research would come to the conclusion that they badass.

I can see a brawler try his hand against a 'traditional' Master, might even win

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/23/2012 4:01pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie McGee View Post
    My gym sells them too, but they don't loan a pair to every dick head who walks in. Makes we wonder if it went something like, "Yo, Imma beat yo' skinny punk ass, but only after I purchase one of your fine selections of silky shorts."
    So, this is where you start altering the story? Let's be real, unless your gym sucks, this is not an every year occurrence. A good instructor can talk the average dickhead down. The average person isn't going to go into a school with a shitty attitude.

So, in my eyes, he did or said something that may have warranted a "here you go, a loaner pair on the house." I know many a MT and BJJ studio that gladly loaned a **** talker gear to bang.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345