Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:39pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter In Underwear Stops Home Intruder

Mixed martial arts fighter stops home intruder

LAWTON, Okla.

A mixed martial arts fighter is being called a hero Thursday.

Tim Johnson, of Lawton, stopped a thief from breaking into his home. Johnson told police that when he confronted the burglar outside his home he had planned to let him go, however, when the thief got violent Johnson took action.

"I let him think he was going to get up then I gave two shots, two really good shots to the ribs," said Johnson.

Johnson called 911 as soon as he gained control of the situation. He said police arrived and arrested the man.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanew...o/-/index.html

Police: City homeowner catches thief

Police took a 47-year-old man to jail for outstanding warrants and possible additional charges Tuesday after a Lawton homeowner said he wrestled the man into submission and used the potential felon's phone to dial 911.

Tim Johnson, a 31-year-old volunteer mixed martial arts coach, said that his skills were put to task around 9 a.m. after his wife left their home at 305 SW Park to take their four children to school. Johnson said he saw a silhouette pass by his window and, after remembering he had tools and construction materials outside, looked out his window to see a 6-foot tall white man putting his tools into a bag.

"I walked out there in my underwear and confronted him," Johnson said. "Little does he know that I train mixed martial arts fighters. I wrestled him down."

Though he claims to be a better coach than fighter, Johnson said he was able to quickly wrestle the man into a submission hold. He said he then took the intruder's phone and called police.

LPD Sgt. Craig Lyman said he arrived and took custody of the 47-year-old man. A warrants check revealed he had four outstanding county warrants, Lyman said, so the man was booked into the Comanche County Detention Center.

Johnson said he also filed a citizen's arrest complaint for the attempted theft. The resident said he felt like the man must've thought the house was empty after his wife left and feels like it had been staked out.

Though he's new to the neighborhood, Johnson said that several of his new neighbors personally thanked him after the incident.

"A couple of the officers said that I needed to get a cape," Johnson said.

http://www.swoknews.com/news-top/loc...-catches-thief

Remember kids, always call the cops first unless you know mixed martial arts.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:54pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Remember kids, always call the cops first unless you know mixed martial arts.
    That's not what I took from this story. I took from it that you should always confront burglars in your underwear if you know mixed martial arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:00am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he was in his underwear he wasn't wearing a shirt and if Bruce Lee teaches us anything, its that a Martial Artist is invincible as long as he's not wearing a shirt.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So he puts this clown ass ************ into a sub then "He took the intruders phone and called the police".

Bam! Bad ass ************.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:58am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    So he puts this clown ass ************ into a sub then "He took the intruders phone and called the police".
    I was waiting to see if he also ordered a few pizzas and taxis.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 4:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He probably made the other guy text 88088 to donate to Red Cross.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido