Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    @perm I can't quote your post since I can't increase the reply box size due to the "upgrade". Anyhoo there are several links that reference the law I was refering about the trees: http://www.northjersey.com/moonachie...&mobile=1&ic=1 this has a part about it.
    I don't see the big deal about cutting down Eucalyptus trees in a national park- eucalyptus is non-indigenous as grows like giant weeds here since it was introduced from Australia as a material for railroad ties (turns out they're not even good for that).

I wouldn't be the only one walking funny on this forum, yourself included.
    Traditionally you're supposed to reverse the stupidity accusation on the accuser, not admit complicity.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 2:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was more refering to the part about cutting down trees to provide more sun for solar cells, I couldn't find a good link to the original story, but that one did have reference to it which is why I said "in part". I think there was talk about repealing that particular law, not sure if they did or not.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 7:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was more refering to the part about cutting down trees to provide more sun for solar cells, I couldn't find a good link to the original story, but that one did have reference to it which is why I said "in part". I think there was talk about repealing that particular law, not sure if they did or not.
    What law? Show me a law in that article. The article is about people cutting down trees to reduce shade not the government compelling people to do so.
    The only law in there was the guy in Maryland that got fined for cutting down a tree.

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:33pm

supporting member
     Style: No Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aww don't be a hold out mean bunny, tell me how!!
    There is "drag to resize" widget now in the lower right hand of the text window, instead of the old up/down buttons on the old form.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2012 4:04am

Style: Shou Shu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if they banned katanas or morning star maces, cause if not that would be funny as hell.
    I heard Katanas are legal in CA to own, you just cant go walking around with a sword in public. People buy katana swords in Cali without a problem. However Ive tried ordering Nunchakus and couldnt due to State law, thats when I found out its illegal. Rubber chucks are legal though of course

Posted On:
    11/17/2012 3:32pm

Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The law is probably there to keep kids from nunchaku because of some accident in the past.
    Probably not. Every weapon ban I can think of takes its roots from legislators that think action movies are documentaries. It's an easy way to pretend you're doing something about crime: find some object the general public knows jack and **** about, that is widely owned in the first place, declare it a menace, pass the ban, and leave bruises from patting yourself on the back. It's all unicorn repellant.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    There is "drag to resize" widget now in the lower right hand of the text window, instead of the old up/down buttons on the old form.

I tried that, but it doesn't work on my phone.

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    What law? Show me a law in that article. The article is about people cutting down trees to reduce shade not the government compelling people to do so.
    The only law in there was the guy in Maryland that got fined for cutting down a tree.
    I thought they had a law that said people could have their neighbors cut down their trees because they shaded solar cells. Wasn't that the 1978 law they cited or did I miss something??

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:12am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arise View Post
    I heard Katanas are legal in CA to own, you just cant go walking around with a sword in public. People buy katana swords in Cali without a problem. However Ive tried ordering Nunchakus and couldnt due to State law, thats when I found out its illegal. Rubber chucks are legal though of course
    Lol so two sticks with a rope are illegal, but a 4 foot long razor blade is legal. This is why current laws are so fucked up, yes Illinois included.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol so two sticks with a rope are illegal, but a 4 foot long razor blade is legal. This is why current laws are so fucked up, yes Illinois included.
    The laws here are so fucked up, even the prosecutors cannot figure them out half the time. Here is the weapon law for Illinois

720 ILCS 5/24-1 Unlawful Use of Weapons.
    (a) A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly:
    (1) Sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses or carries any bludgeon, black-jack, slung-shot, sand-club, sand-bag, metal knuckles or other knuckle weapon regardless of its composition, throwing star, or any knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife, or a ballistic knife, which is a device that propels a knifelike blade as a projectile by means of a coil spring, elastic material or compressed gas; or
    (2) Carries or possesses with intent to use the same unlawfully against another, a dagger, dirk, billy, dangerous knife, razor, stiletto, broken bottle or other piece of glass, stun gun or taser or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character; or
    (3) Carries on or about his person or in any vehicle, a tear gas gun projector or bomb or any object containing noxious liquid gas or substance, other than an object containing a non-lethal noxious liquid gas or substance designed solely for personal defense carried by a person 18 years of age or older.

That's some confusing (and restrictive) ****. I quit trying to keep up with it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast