Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 1:37pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the best way to pull guard is to fall down on to your back before making any contact with the person and wait for them to come grapple with you. then when they do, AHa! guard!

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 1:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Except for those of us that will stand there and point and laugh untill you are forced to get up.
    I also use my geronimo guard pass on those people. You know, I run as fast as I can, jump as high as I can and slam down on the person. I figure if you want to lay on the ground, you have no problem being stepped on.
    A much better idea is learning how to grapple standing.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 2:09pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you plan on pulling guard, AT LEAST try tomoenage EVERY TIME.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no no, tomeonage requires that you grab hold of the person by their shoulders/lapel BEFORE you fall on your back/ass. this is wrong. the best way to pull guard is to just fall and wait.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    probably what he did wrong was try to exert some sort of attack first. thats probably why you guys think guard pulling is such a bad idea. the trick is to just fall on your back at the first sign of danger.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you MUST pull guard, try and get a shitotine...which is a really crappy guillotine.
    Can get them in a nice tight closed guard.
    I don't like tomonage all that much no gi...I have a rough time making it work since my legs are pretty long.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 4:54pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or, Don't.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 5:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    try asking your girlfriend.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 6:38pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe you asked this question Piz. Pulling guard is the sign of the desperate. Those who pull guard should be slammed on their head just out of principal. You pull guard only when neccessary. Grow some ballz guys and don't ever ask this question again.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    4/25/2004 7:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll second that.

I can't figure out how it would be difficult to pull. It seems like instinct for me. Not like one of my BJJ virgin sacrifices who throw their legs around my waist like cheap whore. I mean, when I know I have fucked up and my feet have already left the ground already . . . just grab on.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast