• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:40am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: ALIVE!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    The secession of Texas might limit many textbooks designed for Texas to Texas and as a result maybe the rest of us could have our science back.
    Free yourself from the insufferable textbook oppression, go sign the petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...nment/BmdWCP8B

At 62k now.

Offering a different perspective than JNP and Nazir who live in a very metropolitan Austin, secession has widespread support in Texas outside a few urban and border counties. Certainly the support is strongest for the theoretical idea of secession, as when the practical implications are spelled out quite a few will not be so eager. That said, even the Governor was unrepentantly talking about secession less than a year ago.

It's not that I think anything concrete will happen via this petition, but I think it's a good vehicle to raise awareness of the widening and perilous "culture gap" that exists in the nation. America is no longer a "melting pot", it's oil and water.
    Last edited by SteveM; 11/13/2012 8:45am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:15am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Half the people in this thread are stone throwing, street shitting, wannabe anarchists. But when southern conservatives express dissident views, those same people say they're idiots. Fucking bunch of hypocritical faggots.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a difference between having dissident views and then outright trying to sabotage science education by way of gaining political authority.

I mean, how many times have I had to hear about Sharia Law, but no one seems to care that the self-described "true Christians" in Texas want to bring their beliefs into the science curriculum?

I personally love Texas, they have a great culture down there...

But like I said I think the state is under assault by religious extremists who desire political power and build these kinds of monstrosities:

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/13/2012 9:34am at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:41am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    There is a difference between having dissident views and then outright trying to sabotage science education by way of gaining political authority.

I mean, how many times have I had to hear about Sharia Law, but no one seems to care that the self-described "true Christians" in Texas want to bring their beliefs into the science curriculum?

I personally love Texas, they have a great culture down there...

But like I said I think the state is under assault by religious extremists who desire political power and build these kinds of monstrosities:

I think religious people are knuckleheads. But I also don't think they need a bunch of yankees telling them how to live.

The Occupy cunts want to sabotage the whole fucking government and that's all good. But when a group of Texans voice their desires to exercise their right to just step aside and not be a part of the machine anymore, that's crazy talk? **** that.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:02am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: ALIVE!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's be clear, this isn't "Texas vs The Rest of the Country", and certainly not the old "North vs South". The new paradigm is "Urban vs Rural", and it's not sustainable. Look at this 2012 presidential election map by county:

As the urban progressive march goes "Forward", one has to wonder when the rural supply lines will be stretched too thin. All Americans lose when this happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-usa-election-map-by-county-nyt.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	13999  

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:10am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    certainly not the old "North vs South".
    Yes, it's now rural vs. urban. It isn't divided geographically the same way it was in the 1860s but the ideologies between the opposing sides haven't changed very much.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    The Occupy cunts want to sabotage the whole fucking government and that's all good.
    They have to get in line behind Wall Street, the GOP, and the Tea Party.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    They have to get in line behind Wall Street, the GOP, and the Tea Party.
    Makes no difference to me. I'm all for shaking up the status quo, as are a lot of people on both sides of the issues. Which just amounts to a fight brewing.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL!!!

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
    Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them
    Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported.
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-them/ZbMjcwPf

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 11:09am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cant really blame Texas for wanting to get to the life boats first.
    Not saying its a good idea but at the very least it would bring some major issues to the front page news for a while.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast