Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    An interesting question! Here's a link to the Constitution of the United States so you can research the answer yourself:
    http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html
    It is needless to discuss at length the question whether the right of a State to withdraw from the Union for any cause regarded by herself as sufficient is consistent with the Constitution of the United States.
    The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.
    US Supreme Court (Texas vs White - 1869)

My question was about the right of petition (first ammendement, I think) and if US Goverment has any obligation to give an answer (be it positive or negative) to the petitioners.

Please share your answers with the rest of the Secessionists in this thread...
    I do not find anything in the US Constitution that forbides a secession if both the secesionist state(s) and the Union agree there is sufficent cause and freely consent.
    Last edited by DCS; 11/13/2012 9:40pm at .

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:52pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there any way that Texas could form a meaningful armed force in order to enact a revolt were they to, in the majority, wish to secede but be denied by the Union?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    if both the secesionist state(s) and the Union agree there is sufficent cause and freely consent.
    I suppose we will never find out as this set up is very unlikely to happen.

I would think more than 50% of Texas would rather they not become a separate country given that 43.64% did vote for Obama and I am fairly certain that at least 10% of the people who voted for Romney are not so freaking nuts.

Two we really wouldn't want to see them go cause you know Oil and stuff.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the minority will not acquiesce, the majority must, or the Government must cease. There is no other alternative, for continuing the Government is acquiescence on one side or the other. If a minority in such a case will secede rather than acquiesce, they make a precedent which in turn will divide and ruin them, for a minority of their own will secede from them whenever a majority refuses to be controlled by such a minority. For instance, why may not any portion of a new confederacy a year or two hence arbitrarily secede again, precisely as portions of the present Union now claim to secede from it?... Plainly the central idea of secession is the essence of anarchy.
    Honest Abe.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 12:44am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

You know what, they're not even always idiots. They're just fundamentally very different from me. So, I don't hate them for their beliefs. But I'd still be perfectly content to toss them, their families and their dog into a vat of acid if given the opportunity because they represent a problem that needs to be solved in order for the world to be more like I want it.
    I hope you are just trying to posture here. If not, then there is something incredibly disturbing as the ability to see wholesale execution of those who disagree with you as a reasonable and viable solution shows an incredible lack of empathy and people who actually think this way tend to take part in some heinous whatnot. I am not the speech police, but for real, this is uncool.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 1:19am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    devil is a troll, guys. dont read into it much.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 2:16am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does Texas have any nukes?

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 2:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Does Texas have any nukes?
    With 6 Air Force Bases and 4 Navy bases most likely yes

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 8:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Texas struggling with life under communism

TEXAS is now a communist state following the re-election of Barack Obama, it has emerged.

The president has introduced the forced collectivisation of farms, the confiscation of private weapons and replaced repeats of The Dukes Of Hazzard with four hour documentaries about tractors.

Country and western has been banned, replaced by state-approved raps in praise of the Dear Leader Obama. No one is allowed to leave the country except to go to Cuba.

Texan Tom Booker said: “While African-Americans and Muslims enjoy special state privileges and cushy jobs, we ordinary white Texans must endure their towns and hamlets being burned down by Obama’s henchmen.

“We can’t even flee to Mexico because they’ve built a 16 foot high wall with watchtowers and electric fences.”

“Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Republican party?”

Meanwhile, right wing commentators such as Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have fallen meekly silent, fearful of reprisals from the president’s secret police.

In Dallas, now known as Husseinstan, a statue of Lee Harvey Oswald has been erected, hailing him as the revolutionary martyr who slaughtered the Imperialist enemy of the people John F Kennedy.

A source at Fox News, now the official state propaganda channel, said: “We at Fox welcome our new master and overlord. We are all red states now. Get used to it.”
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/i...-2012111448938

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/14/2012 8:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    I hope you are just trying to posture here. If not, then there is something incredibly disturbing as the ability to see wholesale execution of those who disagree with you as a reasonable and viable solution shows an incredible lack of empathy and people who actually think this way tend to take part in some heinous whatnot. I am not the speech police, but for real, this is uncool.
    Well, I don't go around executing my coworkers when they disagree with me because there would be negative repercussions, to put it mildly. But I'm not morally opposed to it.
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast