233654 Bullies, 3972 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 208
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,126

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:06pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Mental flexibility, some members here would do well to investigate this concept.

    I can listen to someone with an opposing viewpoint without losing sight of the fact that they're also a human being. Some of you do not seem to possess this ability.


    For clarity's sake, the above part is not directed at you SteveM.

    Anyone who thinks President Obama is a Socialist, or even has Socialist tendencies needs to study history and/or Socialism. It's fine if you vehemently disagree with his policies, but mislabeling him as a Socialist only makes that person sound ignorant.

    I disagree with many of his policies, but that doesn't mean I'll completely lose my ability to identify his stance along the political spectrum. He's not even an extreme liberal, although I'm sure one could make a case that he's not a complete moderate liberal either.

    I hated President Bush. I thought there was no way the people of Texas would elect a governor who was the lazy son of a Washington insider well known for two things. His bad business decisions (Texas Rangers), and his preference for cocaine him being a draft dodger.

    When he became governor of Texas I couldn't believe it. Here was a man who had done virtually nothing with his life besides take advantage of his daddy's wealth and position, and he was elected governor?

    Then he ran for President. Once again, I thought to myself, there's no way he'll ever win the Presidency. Surprise! He did, not once, but twice.

    I was firmly convinced he would drive this country down the tubes, and he did. However, never did I entertain the thought of secession.

    I know that it would be very difficult for one man to wreck a country in four, or even eight years. So I waited for his terms to end.

    I know some of you will automatically label me as a liberal because of this post. Guess what? I'm not, nor did I vote for President Obama.

    If you have a hard time understanding this, you lack mental flexibility.
    Well said.
  2. hungryjoe is online now
    hungryjoe's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,412

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well said JNP.



    Both sides better step up and work together. If not, coming January is gonna get ugly.

    and

    I like Texas.
  3. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:43pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what it is like to think in absolutes. I think it would make life that much easier.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  4. Styygens is offline
    Styygens's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,171

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:54pm


     Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Now the number of signatures needed has been reached, which is the next step form a legal perspective?
    An interesting question! Here's a link to the Constitution of the United States so you can research the answer yourself:
    http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

    Please share your answers with the rest of the Secessionists in this thread...
  5. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,796

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:57pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I wonder what it is like to think in absolutes. I think it would make life that much easier.
    Dude, you believe in God. Your argument is invalid.
  6. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:00pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Dude, you believe in God. Your argument is invalid.
    I believe in my consciousness not being the highest level of power in the universe, but I have never offered a definition of God. My argument is entirely valid.

    Also, the first entry here is relevant to your statement:
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-st...to-look-smart/
    Last edited by battlefields; 11/13/2012 9:10pm at .
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  7. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Texas secession?

    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!

    If these posts are in any way a representation of how the majority of America feels, we are truly fucked. We have Iran building nukes, Hajis fucking Ambassadors up the ass, no fucking job creation in sight and our biggest fucking concern is creating another country. **** every last one of you, La Legion here I come.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  8. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,796

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:06pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I can listen to someone with an opposing viewpoint without losing sight of the fact that they're also a human being. Some of you do not seem to possess this ability.
    Sensitivity and respect for other people's opinions is so old school. I grew tired of listening to idiots and pretending I don't think they suck a long time ago.

    You know what, they're not even always idiots. They're just fundamentally very different from me. So, I don't hate them for their beliefs. But I'd still be perfectly content to toss them, their families and their dog into a vat of acid if given the opportunity because they represent a problem that needs to be solved in order for the world to be more like I want it.
  9. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,796

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:13pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I believe in my consciousness not being the highest level of power in the universe, but I have never offered a definition of God.
    Spaghetti Monster? Crom?
  10. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,235

    Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:27pm

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Spaghetti Monster? Crom?
    I don't think in absolutes.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.