Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 5:13pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you reeeeealllllly posssst this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjin View Post
    That looks like the kind of lead counter hook pacquiao might throw to me more than anything ive seen in kung fu movies to be honest.
    Yes, please regale us with your magical stories of how fighting doesn't look like kung fu movie.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 5:44pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was obviously supposed to flex and do a Shaolin salute right after the finishing move.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 5:54pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was none of this:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:29pm

Style: Xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Did you reeeeealllllly posssst this?Yes, please regale us with your magical stories of how fighting doesn't look like kung fu movie.
    He said it looked like something from Shaw bros movies. I just said that it didnt look like that. didnt mean anything else by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher View Post
    Well, you know, fighting looks like fighting, and I have no reason to believe this punch rose up out of Cung's ancient memories of doing a bit of traditional CMA when he was in high school. I posted it because the little horse stance hop he does as he swings his arm wide is a classic movement in every longfist-derived system, and because I wanted to see what kind of freaky spelling Ming would use for the Cantonese name.
    Huh. Interesting, I don't know **** about long fist but next time i see a form ill look for that stutter hop.
    Last edited by Anjin; 11/13/2012 8:34pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:36pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He said it looked like something from Shaw bros movies. I just said that it didnt look like that. didnt mean anything else by it.
    No, he said Shaw Brothers CMA footwork.
    a rare case of someone getting knocked out in the UFC with Shaw Brothers CMA footwork and technique.
    Dude transitions from a bow stance into a horse stance with a KO. I don't know what Shaw Brothers you watched, but they are full of "arrow stance" and "Horse stance" punches.

Like Jack, I'm not going to sit here and say OMG it is CMA. Yet, if someone says "yeah we have that move," I'm not going to say they are wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:43pm

Style: Xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I see how the footwork is there and how it could have come from some shaolin stuff ive seen. Just looks weird with a hook snapped into it instead of what i guess would be a straighter punch normally in traditional stuff.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:01pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, I see how the footwork is there and how it could have come from some shaolin stuff ive seen. Just looks weird with a hook snapped into it instead of what i guess would be a straighter punch normally in traditional stuff.
    How much CMA have you practiced? Right now, I'm thinking you have very limited experience outside of Xingyi.

There are hooks in CMA.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher View Post
    and because I wanted to see what kind of freaky spelling Ming would use for the Cantonese name.
    i have seen a few, "chop choy", "chuup choy", etc. if it isn't in hanzi, it's really just an approximation (and illiterate roundeyes like me can't read hanzi anyway.)

showed the vid to my dai sihing and he says it's a sao choy (we're going to have to disagree on that one.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:30pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    showed the vid to my dai sihing and he says it's a sao choy (we're going to have to disagree on that one.)
    Gong Sau video plz.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 11:44pm

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast