Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:04am

Style: Cage Fu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Sherdog list 7 (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kin-Moy-59907), but I think there may be 1 or 2 missing from that list. He did the Mass Golden Gloves tourney twice, and has something like 3 kickboxing matches in there. I'm going off memory here, but it's something on the order of 10 MMA fights and 10 boxing/kickboxing (+/-) although there are some Smokers in that count. He works very hard.
    Matt, Sherdog is correct. I wish I had 10 amateur fights, alas, I'm 6-1 MMA, 3-2 in boxing, and 0-1 in Sanda (sadly). In addition to these matches, I've had 1 MMA smoker, 3 MT smokers, and 1 boxing smoker.

Either way, thanks for making this post! (Compliments about my work ethic are the most fulfilling kind of praise.) I'm going to make a small correction and say that my opponent wasnt Devin Pilkington, who got injured a couple of weeks out. This was a last minute replacement, Josh Beauparlant, who was a very, ahem, safe fight. He was 0-6 as an amateur at 145.

We were supposed to meet at 140, but he showed up to weigh ins at 150 while I made 136. I let him off without cutting any more, hoping the weight difference might make for a more interesting fight. Unfortunately, there are true pros and those who are pro in name only.

Either way, he's a low quality video. Better one will be up in a few weeks, after I get the DVD from the promotion.

Last edited by strikistanian; 11/13/2012 10:08am at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Praise of your work ethic is well deserved. By your count you were in camp 18 times in less than 5 years, and in 4 different sports. Congrats again!

No shame on you that they changed your opponent.

I should add the Kin was a full time HS and college student while all this was done.

Best work ethic around.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:57am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    Matt, Sherdog is correct. I wish I had 10 amateur fights, alas, I'm 6-1 MMA, 3-2 in boxing, and 0-1 in Sanda (sadly). In addition to these matches, I've had 1 MMA smoker, 3 MT smokers, and 1 boxing smoker.

Either way, thanks for making this post! (Compliments about my work ethic are the most fulfilling kind of praise.) I'm going to make a small correction and say that my opponent wasnt Devin Pilkington, who got injured a couple of weeks out. This was a last minute replacement, Josh Beauparlant, who was a very, ahem, safe fight. He was 0-6 as an amateur at 145.

We were supposed to meet at 140, but he showed up to weigh ins at 150 while I made 136. I let him off without cutting any more, hoping the weight difference might make for a more interesting fight. Unfortunately, there are true pros and those who are pro in name only.

Either way, he's a low quality video. Better one will be up in a few weeks, after I get the DVD from the promotion.

Way to go Kin, you outclassed him on many levels.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 4:38pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Kin "Kong" Moy aka Strikistanian wins his Pro debut

Congrats!! I love to see hard work paying off!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12