232833 Bullies, 3678 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 81 to 90 of 165
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,712

    Posted On:
    11/15/2012 9:39pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    No. HDMI can handle both. Get a good speaker system and you'll be fine. Don't listen to Mr. Machette. He can't do algebra.
    And what exactly are you plugging into your speaker system dipshit?

    "Duhrr, I used to work for some guys that sold that thing... " Fucking pathetic Sirc.

    You'd probably blow out your whole system and your ear drums just trying to power those racks up. You wouldn't know an audio signal chain if it had car batteries on one end and your "all areola, no breast" bitch tits on the other.

    No wonder you can't stop your clients servers from going down all the time.

    I say AES/EBU and you think of this:



    None of y'all have to listen to me. But you're being taken for fools if you consider Sirc any sort of authority on this stuff. To someone who knows he is completely ignorant. The guy can plug **** together but he has no idea what any of it actually does or why.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/15/2012 9:42pm at .
  2. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,583

    Posted On:
    11/15/2012 9:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    And what exactly are you plugging into your speaker system dipshit?

    "Duhrr, I used to work for some guys that sold that thing... " Fucking pathetic Sirc.

    You'd probably blow out your whole system and your ear drums just trying to power those racks up. You wouldn't know an audio signal chain if it had car batteries on one end and your "all areola, no breast" bitch tits on the other.

    No wonder you can't stop your clients servers from going down all the time.

    I say AES/EBU and you think of this:



    None of y'all have to listen to me. But you're being taken for fools if you consider Sirc any sort of authority on this stuff. To someone who knows he is completely ignorant. The guy can plug **** together but he has no idea what any of it actually does or why.
    How many tvs come with an AES3 port on the back of them?
  3. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,712

    Posted On:
    11/15/2012 10:03pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Whats wrong with S/PDIF its a pretty freaking good way to run long lengths of cable with 0 noise.
    Nothing at all if that's what you have. In fact I'd suck start S/PDIF over RCA any day of the week.

    The problems arise when you start throwing things into your signal chain. For instance, the d/a converters in the television are probably POS compared to the ones in a high end powered monitor set with digital inputs. They certainly are compared to the d/a converters in a high end digital power amp. Running your signal through the t.v. between the sound card and the sound system means your signal has to travel through the t.v's guts and maybe even go through some crap converters before it even gets to a pre-amp. The fewer stops between the source and the speaker the better.

    But this is all tangential to the fact that Sirc is giving poor advice due to tunnel vission and arrogance. I simply wanted to guage how much he really knew. Now I know. The pro thing isn't even relevant to the technical problem in question.

    The guy asking for help doesn't have the conponents Sirc is going on about. Sircs solution is a whole new card. Maybe the dude doesn;t want to work on his computer? Maybe he justs want to make the setup he has show pictures and make noise at the same time?

    Sirc's not savy or creative enough to make what the guy has work as well as possible. Sirc almost **** a brick when the dude came up with a low tech answer. (Which btw is a scaled down version of what would be done in a refference or performance environment.)

    I'm done here. I learned everythng I wanted to learn and these jokers can go back to stroking themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    How many tvs come with an AES3 port on the back of them?
    That post was illustrating that pro audio equipment doesn't run on HDMI. Thank you for noticing and agreeing with me. If you can competently use one of those amps, then you can devise a way to get your signal in and out of one. If you have any serious questions you can PM me. I'm out.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/15/2012 10:08pm at .
  4. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,583

    Posted On:
    11/15/2012 10:13pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Sirc's not savy or creative enough to make what the guy has work as well as possible. Sirc almost **** a brick when the dude came up with a low tech answer. (Which btw is a scaled down version of what would be done in a refference or performance environment.)
    This is where you are wrong.
    The guys TV is unusual in the fact that it will allow RCA cables and HDMI at the same time. It is a wonky solution at best to run RCA cables out along with DIV.

    Swapping a PCI-E card is not hard. Literally my 7 year old can do it, including updating the drivers. It is a 2 minute operation for someone that knows what they are doing and maybe a 15 minute one for the clueless. The card for the swap is very cheap.

    A professional Home Theater guy saying to run analog RCA cables and a DVI to HDMI cable. Will the solution work yes. Will it be ideal? Hell no. Will things end up out of sync yep they sure will.

    No see your being a dick just because you have a problem with Sirc.

    The advise wasn't bad.
  5. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Nothing at all if that's what you have. In fact I'd suck start S/PDIF over RCA any day of the week.

    The problems arise when you start throwing things into your signal chain. For instance, the d/a converters in the television are probably POS compared to the ones in a high end powered monitor set with digital inputs. They certainly are compared to the d/a converters in a high end digital power amp. Running your signal through the t.v. between the sound card and the sound system means your signal has to travel through the t.v's guts and maybe even go through some crap converters before it even gets to a pre-amp. The fewer stops between the source and the speaker the better.

    But this is all tangential to the fact that Sirc is giving poor advice due to tunnel vission and arrogance. I simply wanted to guage how much he really knew. Now I know. The pro thing isn't even relevant to the technical problem in question.

    The guy asking for help doesn't have the conponents Sirc is going on about. Sircs solution is a whole new card. Maybe the dude doesn;t want to work on his computer? Maybe he justs want to make the setup he has show pictures and make noise at the same time?

    Sirc's not savy or creative enough to make what the guy has work as well as possible. Sirc almost **** a brick when the dude came up with a low tech answer. (Which btw is a scaled down version of what would be done in a refference or performance environment.)

    I'm done here. I learned everythng I wanted to learn and these jokers can go back to stroking themselves.


    That post was illustrating that pro audio equipment doesn't run on HDMI. Thank you for noticing and agreeing with me. If you can competently use one of those amps, then you can devise a way to get your signal in and out of one. If you have any serious questions you can PM me. I'm out.
    It's pretty clear you have no idea what the **** you're talking about.


    With his current setup he either HAS to get a sound card or he HAS to get a video card. In the long run, getting a video card is what he needs to do if he's having sound issues.

    Everything else aside, you're bringing on **** that doesn't matter and doesn't pertain to the original question. I even answered your question about travelling at light speed.

    But again, you're suggesting he get something to split his audio by getting a bunch of equipment he doesn't need, yet get all in a **** when I suggest he get a $20 video card from newegg.

    Grow the **** up. You're wrong and you don't even know what the **** you're talking about. Pros don't stick to a specific platform. They engineer everything for the platform they're working on.
  6. Colin is offline
    Colin's Avatar

    LVL 99 Photomancer

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    3,121

    Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    trust me the $20 video card is going to be the best piece of hardware on this guys computer.
    If true, that's fucking hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Maybe he does. Even if he does, getting a videocard will only benefit him in every way possible.
    Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I would have expected that he currently has a video card in his PCI-E slot, and thus a new, cheaper card would require him to remove it.

    However, If he's presently using on-board graphics - I tend to agree that getting a cheap video card is a good option for him.
  7. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,587

    Posted On:
    11/16/2012 10:34am

    supporting member
     Style: 

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ignorant.
    Yes you are.
  8. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,587

    Posted On:
    11/16/2012 11:56am

    supporting member
     Style: 

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Yes you are.
    an idiot.

  9. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    11/16/2012 12:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    If true, that's fucking hilarious.



    Perhaps I'm wrong here, but I would have expected that he currently has a video card in his PCI-E slot, and thus a new, cheaper card would require him to remove it.

    However, If he's presently using on-board graphics - I tend to agree that getting a cheap video card is a good option for him.
    Even if he has another card in there, it's probably awfully out of date.
  10. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,587

    Posted On:
    11/16/2012 12:46pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently Machette is so dense, my comments went so far over his audiophile ears that he felt the need to cry in a PM about how great his mixing is.

    This is Bullshido....you've made a claim, time to post proof or GTFO*

    I like how it went from "Dude what about this one wire" to:

    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/16/2012 12:51pm at . Reason: *Proof does not change the fact that you are still an idiot.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.