Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 5:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I have the best of both worlds seeing how I run my video from HDMI and sound runs off the RCA.
    No your not running HDMI, your running a VGA signal over HDMI.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 5:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    What propulsion system would you reccomend to overcome this light speed barrier? Or, failing that, how would you propose I nullify the mass of my vehicle?
    Don't nullify the mass.
    Use the infinite improbability drive.

or

Quantum Entanglement

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 6:23pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Do you have technical issues? Let me try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    No your not running HDMI, your running a VGA signal over HDMI.
    The difference being?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 7:28pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The difference being?
    http://homecinematics.com/107/vga-hdmi/

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 7:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well actually that article doesn't cover your situation well. I am assuming that your video card is sending digital over VGA or it wouldn't work at all. I have had cards that had VGA/DVI so what you are losing by using VGA over HDMI is the audio. Well duh we already know this. However had you been sending an HDMI signal it would include Digital Audio as well. Where as if you use a hokey setup you will have an analog audio signal and a lowish quality one most likely.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 8:17pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Do you have technical issues? Let me try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Well actually that article doesn't cover your situation well. I am assuming that your video card is sending digital over VGA or it wouldn't work at all. I have had cards that had VGA/DVI so what you are losing by using VGA over HDMI is the audio. Well duh we already know this. However had you been sending an HDMI signal it would include Digital Audio as well. Where as if you use a hokey setup you will have an analog audio signal and a lowish quality one most likely.
    So what you are saying is the video being sent to my tv is not high def, I'm just using a high def cable.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I got one for you:

My interstellar space craft is currently only capable of sub-light speeds. As it approaches the speed of light proportionately greater energy is required to accelerate it's mass creating a frustrating diminishment of returns.

What propulsion system would you reccomend to overcome this light speed barrier? Or, failing that, how would you propose I nullify the mass of my vehicle?

BTW, pros run their audio and video signals seperately. HDMI is for pedestrians.
    "Diminishment" is not a word.

Secondly, the amount of energy required would turn your ship into fire. You're better off trying to pin the pieces of space together. With the discovery of the Higgs Boson, we're not too far off from being able to control mass in the same way we control electricity. If that's the case, then you'll probably see experimental nuclear drives pushing the spaceship around.

If you're not worried about losing your family, you can also just freeze yourself and time won't be a problem and it wouldn't really matter how fast you're going. You obviously haven't really thought this out, so I guess it doesn't matter. Even then, at those speeds, you haven't gotten around unknown radiation sources, invisible electrical storms, nebulae that eat everything alive, etc. etc.

Also, running audio/video separately is a thing of the past when everything was an analog signal. Digital Signals don't need to be separated due to the nature of the decoding done by digital signals. Unless your source is of extremely high quality: i.e. FLAC or some other source, it doesn't matter. Having a high quality sound card to transport your sound from won't make a difference between HDMI and a standalone digital audio card when your source sound is like 200kbps. And besides, HDMI can push 10.2 Gbit/s. Unless you have the master source for sound and audio and are running them in like 80 instances, the HDMI will be more than capable of pulling your data through. And even IF you wanted to run your audio separately, you would run HDMI to a receiver anyway to distribute your sound out to speakers as receivers are more and more running HDMI input. So yeah, you're wrong.

So what you are saying is the video being sent to my tv is not high def, I'm just using a high def cable.
    No. You're running an analog signal into a cable that converts it into a video only, digital signal. The cable is capable of massive data pulling, but at this point, nothing you're doing matters because you're not pushing out the right signal.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    No. You're running an analog signal into a cable that converts it into a video only, digital signal. The cable is capable of massive data pulling, but at this point, nothing you're doing matters because you're not pushing out the right signal.
    If he isn't running a converter box he probably is running DVI over VGA so it is most likely a digital signal. It is still a stupid way of doing it none the less.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, what you will be missing is the digitally transmitted audio.

Posted On:
    11/13/2012 10:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Diminishment" is not a word.
    Mr. Webster dissagrees. Sory amigo, I'm going to have to go with ol' Merriam on this one.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/diminishment

Also, running audio/video separately is a thing of the past when everything was an analog signal. Digital Signals don't need to be separated due to the nature of the decoding done by digital signals. Unless your source is of extremely high quality: i.e. FLAC or some other source, it doesn't matter. Having a high quality sound card to transport your sound from won't make a difference between HDMI and a standalone digital audio card when your source sound is like 200kbps. And besides, HDMI can push 10.2 Gbit/s. Unless you have the master source for sound and audio and are running them in like 80 instances, the HDMI will be more than capable of pulling your data through. And even IF you wanted to run your audio separately, you would run HDMI to a receiver anyway to distribute your sound out to speakers as receivers are more and more running HDMI input. So yeah, you're wrong.
    I was following you through the cryogenic space travel but you lost me here.

You obviously don't understand why audio and video would be run to seperate components but that's o.k. As you say at your level of use it doesn't make much of a difference. Just buy a receiver that does all the complicated stuff for you and forget I ever mentioned it.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast