Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2012 12:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More importantly would I be able to permanently mount them and have them be road worthy or have to figure out a way to deploy them where ever I set up.

Posted On:
    11/11/2012 3:16am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Hdmi cable running from pc:
    Attachment 13992
    I do not understand the purpose of buying a VGA to HDMI cable when your TV has an RGB in. It sounds like someone may have fibbed to you. It's going to be just video in either case. A VGA port simply does not do sound. To get sound from what you're trying to do you'd need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-HDMI-V.../dp/B0015YWV1G

Although it'll probably cost a little bit more, Sirc's suggestion to upgrade your video and sound cards is probably the way to go unless using your computer to tool around on the internet or watching a DVD is the most you're going to ask of it.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Unless you're seeing something I'm not there are not two video outputs on my PC, I just took a picture of both ends in case it helped you to see what I was saying.
    You do. That white one underneath your ethernet cable is also a video output. It's called a Digital Video Interface (DVI) port. Depending on what your graphics card is it may be an either/or type port where only one is active, both ports may be active but transmit the same data or it may be that you can get a true double monitor set up going on that. It won't do sound, either.
    Last edited by wetware; 11/11/2012 3:20am at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/11/2012 4:28am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I actually have one,
    As I am looking at possibly living in a RV a few days a week at a location that doesn't have hookups I am playing with the thought of doing solar on the RV.
    How difficult do you think this would be. I would imagine the stock batteries should be able to handle the amps just fine. Also best way of doing wireless internet for it? Does anyone offer an unlimited data 4g air card?
    Oh! Fun questions.

I would look into doing a laptop with a Solar setup. Get some higher mAh batteries that are 3x the capacity of your laptop's battery. The battery should charge faster than you can drain them + drain your battery. That's what I would do anyway.

As far as internet, find a service that has the best signal out where you are. AT&T, Verizon, etc. They all have wireless cards you can purchase.

More importantly would I be able to permanently mount them and have them be road worthy or have to figure out a way to deploy them where ever I set up.
    The Solar panels should be permanently mountable. You could probably use their batteries to power other stuff to given your background.

Posted On:
    11/11/2012 5:15am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Oh! Fun questions.

I would look into doing a laptop with a Solar setup. Get some higher mAh batteries that are 3x the capacity of your laptop's battery. The battery should charge faster than you can drain them + drain your battery. That's what I would do anyway.
    That shouldn't be a problem I have a Lenovo and getting the hicaps for it are fairly cheap.

As far as internet, find a service that has the best signal out where you are. AT&T, Verizon, etc. They all have wireless cards you can purchase.
    I am also considering this

Plus a decent war driving app or a packet sniffer.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those things are only good for finding a signal, but the problem is: If you're going to be out in the middle of nowhere, how will this help you? You'll also still have to break the key which is another thread all in of itself.

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 3:00am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those things are only good for finding a signal, but the problem is: If you're going to be out in the middle of nowhere, how will this help you? You'll also still have to break the key which is another thread all in of itself.
    Actually I will be fairly close to a buisness park if things go according to plan (like that ever happens), its true breaking the WPA2 keys are much harder than the old WEP keys.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 4:01am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @Itwasntme

Dude all you need is one of these:

Plug the 3.5 mm into the green jack on the PC, and the RCA's into your Amplifier (or TV, whatever you want to get the sound out of).

In the case of the TV, stick them in Video 1 channel, while you're getting your video signal from HDMI channel 1.

It's simply called a 3.5 mm to RCA adaptor.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 4:04am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I will be fairly close to a buisness park if things go according to plan (like that ever happens), its true breaking the WPA2 keys are much harder than the old WEP keys.
    You'll also still have to break the key which is another thread all in of itself.
    This would be something beneficial to me. I've searched using my Google Fu and haven't been able to find anything that really works.

I could use the rogue connection for sites that aren't workplace friendly. I can use my in-car MDC for most searches, but some things shouldn't be referenced on a state issued computer.

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 5:04am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    @Itwasntme

Dude all you need is one of these:

Plug the 3.5 mm into the green jack on the PC, and the RCA's into your Amplifier (or TV, whatever you want to get the sound out of).

In the case of the TV, stick them in Video 1 channel, while you're getting your video signal from HDMI channel 1.

It's simply called a 3.5 mm to RCA adaptor.
    Your TV will split inputs like that? Interesting. Mine certainly won't. If you go HDMI whatever, it wants it all from HDMI whatever, same with the other sets of ports. Good to know.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    11/12/2012 5:33am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gathering your TV doesn't have component inputs then?
    In that case, I would suggest running the sound through an amplifier.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast