Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait are you going VGA to HDMI?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it looks like on the video card there's a black VGA cable coming out from it. VGA is Video Graphics Array. HDMI is High Definition Multimedia Interface. VGA is that serial cable coming out of your video card. The HDMI is the one that is plugged into your TV. Where does the VGA go to? And where is the HDMI coming from?

Newegg sells videocards for like $40. If that's the case, you could just upgrade the card if you're not trying to play games or anything and just trying to use it as a media device.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Do you have technical issues? Let me try to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Wait are you going VGA to HDMI?
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Well it looks like on the video card there's a black VGA cable coming out from it. VGA is Video Graphics Array. HDMI is High Definition Multimedia Interface. VGA is that serial cable coming out of your video card. The HDMI is the one that is plugged into your TV. Where does the VGA go to? And where is the HDMI coming from?
    It is the same cable. It converts the VGA to HDMI.

Newegg sells videocards for like $40. If that's the case, you could just upgrade the card if you're not trying to play games or anything and just trying to use it as a media device.
    I may have to, I just figured if an audio cable like the one I describe exists that it would be a cheaper fix.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I may have to, I just figured if an audio cable like the one I describe exists that it would be a cheaper fix.
    You can get an all male Y cable or use a female to male converter but it won't solve your problem most likely as the TV is looking for audio over the HDMI input. If you can specify the audio input separate from the video input on the tv for the HDMI channel than you could use the cable.
    You can use external speakers cause the PC is still pumping audio out of those ports or you can get a video card that supports HDMI.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I discovered the other day that I could hear my FF9 music while I had a walkthrough pulled up on my PC. All I would have to do is unhook the audio cables from the PS1 and replace them with a set from the PC when I wanted to watch 100% legal movies or listen to 100% legal music.

Only problem I can foresee is only having one male end to hook up from the PC which would only provide audio from side of the tv speakers.

If said audio cable does not exist, it would seem more worthwhile to just invest the video card so long as it wouldn't make my movies look like someone went to the theater and recorded the movie on their cell phone.
    Start a training log!

i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If said audio cable does not exist, it would seem more worthwhile to just invest the video card so long as it wouldn't make my movies look like someone went to the theater and recorded the movie on their cell phone.
    Seriously? You think when you go to buy a new video card that has HDMI out that its going to possibly offer up a worse picture than you have now?

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I discovered the other day that I could hear my FF9 music while I had a walkthrough pulled up on my PC. All I would have to do is unhook the audio cables from the PS1 and replace them with a set from the PC when I wanted to watch 100% legal movies or listen to 100% legal music.
    Sounds like the audio ports on the tv stay open than. So all you would have to do is use a normal audio cable from your pc's audio out to the TV skipping the PS1 all together.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I was unsure of what Sirc meant by gaming and media. I assumed gaming included videos and media was more for homework (powerpoint, excel) and dicking off on forums.
    Start a training log!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Either way, thankz guiz!

Next.
    Start a training log!

Posted On:
    11/11/2012 12:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually have one,
    As I am looking at possibly living in a RV a few days a week at a location that doesn't have hookups I am playing with the thought of doing solar on the RV.
    How difficult do you think this would be. I would imagine the stock batteries should be able to handle the amps just fine. Also best way of doing wireless internet for it? Does anyone offer an unlimited data 4g air card?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast