230844 Bullies, 3689 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 121 to 130 of 165
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    11/17/2012 9:12am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Do you have technical issues? Let me try to help you.

    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Really show me where I was talking about worth.
    You just did it for me.

    So how about you post your specs that are better than that of the $20 video card.
    Why? You never put any money up and I never made a claim.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  2. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    11/17/2012 6:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Well as a married man, I need excuses to build new PCs so that when the wife asks I have an excuse that sounds important..."beta testing" for instance.

    MWO's system requirements were very high end during the closed beta, something they relaxed for open beta. Originally the programming was very CPU intensive and video cards didn't matter much....anything short of i3 was a joke according to the forums. The IceQ is a Radeon HD6870 that was going to be retired and you know what that means...value for your dollar. That is a fucking ace card for the $120 I spent on it.

    Betas typically do suck, but I have been waiting for this game for years and will have enjoyed being a tester, helping them improve the gameplay.
    Is it actually any good? I got a beta invite and decided against it. My friends didn't like it.
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,483

    Posted On:
    11/17/2012 9:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Is it actually any good? I got a beta invite and decided against it. My friends didn't like it.
    It's the best Battlemech sim I've played, and I've been playing those since 1989. The CryEngine engine is beautiful, esp when using alternate HUD modes like nightvision, thermals, etc. Mech-wise I can only compare it to games that are decade+ old...but the graphics are good enough to be pretty immersive.

    There is a lot of bitching inside the beta and on forums, mostly by people who clearly don't understand what "beta" means (e.g. partially unfinished). The guys at Piranha got the basic engine down first and are worrying about character/mech development now....every new patch progression levels get reset, so I love to hear the babies whine about "how much Mech XP they had to grind and lost it all!". Read the BETA disclaimer next time, llamas.

    It takes actual skill to play MWO. The WoW generation kids (which I have to remind myself is an actual thing now) get frustrated at the fact that they have to worry about overheating, long range missile fire, and turning their torso and strafing while moving which. Or sticking in lance formation and winning objectives, versus what the average spaz does, which is run after 4 enemy mechs with guns blazing, overheat, and become shooting practice.

    Yes, strafing is apparently a lost art....FPS gamers lament.
  4. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 12:39am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It's the best Battlemech sim I've played, and I've been playing those since 1989. The CryEngine engine is beautiful, esp when using alternate HUD modes like nightvision, thermals, etc. Mech-wise I can only compare it to games that are decade+ old...but the graphics are good enough to be pretty immersive.

    There is a lot of bitching inside the beta and on forums, mostly by people who clearly don't understand what "beta" means (e.g. partially unfinished). The guys at Piranha got the basic engine down first and are worrying about character/mech development now....every new patch progression levels get reset, so I love to hear the babies whine about "how much Mech XP they had to grind and lost it all!". Read the BETA disclaimer next time, llamas.

    It takes actual skill to play MWO. The WoW generation kids (which I have to remind myself is an actual thing now) get frustrated at the fact that they have to worry about overheating, long range missile fire, and turning their torso and strafing while moving which. Or sticking in lance formation and winning objectives, versus what the average spaz does, which is run after 4 enemy mechs with guns blazing, overheat, and become shooting practice.

    Yes, strafing is apparently a lost art....FPS gamers lament.
    That's too bad.

    But all of those reasons are exactly why I can't play in betas anymore. I can't stand the people who are in them.

    I'm all about DayZ right now.
  5. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    11/27/2012 8:29pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Do you have technical issues? Let me try to help you.

    Since there seemed to be an interest in keeping this thread (or ones like it) going, allow me.

    How do reformat RAID?

    And deeeenn...

    How do reinstall OS?
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  6. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,462

    Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:25am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Since there seemed to be an interest in keeping this thread (or ones like it) going, allow me.

    How do reformat RAID?

    And deeeenn...

    How do reinstall OS?
    What raid level? Hardware or software controlled?

    Its not difficult but it is a puzzling question, setting up a RAID in the 1st place is typically done by someone with enough acumen to install a new OS on it.

    Better question is why do you want to reformat your RAID?
    Also are you running your OS off a drive in the RAID and if so why?

    For fun go this route next time you install your OS
    http://www.clickonf5.org/9184/how-to...b-flash-drive/
    Make sure you have a good swap drive to not burn out your flash drive
    also instead of Windows 7
    Also if your going to go with 7 go with tiny 7.
  7. itwasntme is offline
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,605

    Posted On:
    11/28/2012 4:59am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Do you have technical issues? Let me try to help you.

    Let me start by saying I know absolutely nothing about RAID. I bought my pc off a friend who's knowledge of RAID is just enough to tell me that it allows my master and slave hard drives to run simultaneously. I may very well have worded my query wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    What raid level? Hardware or software controlled?
    Not sure. How would I go about finding out?

    Better question is why do you want to reformat your RAID?
    Can you actually reformat the RAID, or are we talking about the hard drives? If there is a difference, I'm talking about the latter.

    Also are you running your OS off a drive in the RAID and if so why?
    I can see right now this is going to be a fun experience. I'm giving my phone that 'deer in the headlights' look right now. I didn't actually set my pc up since I know nothing about raid, therefore I don't know the answer to this. I'll call the guy that did this morning and ask him. Before you ask me why I don't just ask him how to do this, the answer is he likes money.

    For fun go this route next time you install your OS
    http://www.clickonf5.org/9184/how-to...b-flash-drive/
    Make sure you have a good swap drive to not burn out your flash drive
    also instead of Windows 7
    Also if your going to go with 7 go with tiny 7.
    XP, ftw!
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  8. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,462

    Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Let me start by saying I know absolutely nothing about RAID.
    Here you go learn
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I bought my pc off a friend who's knowledge of RAID is just enough to tell me that it allows my master and slave hard drives to run simultaneously. I may very well have worded my query wrong.
    This description troubles me greatly. I would be willing to bet you have nothing to worry about as you probably don't have a raid setup.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Not sure. How would I go about finding out?
    I would start by looking in your device manager and seeing if you have a RAID controller showing up.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Can you actually reformat the RAID, or are we talking about the hard drives? If there is a difference, I'm talking about the latter.
    Odds are you simply just have 2 hard drives, you can simply reformat one or both if you would like.
    The real question is why do you want to reformat them, if you want to re-image your computer often times you don't need to reformat the hard drive. I rarely see a good reason to reformat a drive in the real world except for when giving the computer to a new user.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I can see right now this is going to be a fun experience.
    This would be a LOT easier if you would tell us what it is you actually want to accomplish instead of looking for information you may not need about steps you may not need to take.

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Before you ask me why I don't just ask him how to do this, the answer is he likes money.
    I like money

    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    XP, ftw!
    XP is no longer supported meaning you are no longer getting security updates, which means your computer is not secure, unless you leave it off the internet cannot be made secure. So get off of XP. If you cannot afford 7 may I suggest to you
    ubuntu
    http://www.ubuntu.com/
  9. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    8,483

    Posted On:
    11/28/2012 12:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: 

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What he said, except XP is supported until 2014 (mostly).

    On April 14, 2009, Windows XP and its family of operating systems reached the end of their mainstream support period and entered the extended support phase as it marks the progression of the legacy operating system through the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy. During the extended support phase, Microsoft continues to provide security updates every month for Windows XP; however, free technical support, warranty claims, and design changes are no longer being offered.

    On April 8, 2014, all support for Windows XP, including security updates and hotfixes, will be terminated.[2] Users will still be able to download old updates and hotfixes from Windows Update. Microsoft recommends that users upgrade to Windows 7.[110][2]
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/28/2012 12:52pm at .
  10. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,462

    Posted On:
    11/28/2012 1:21pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    What he said, except XP is supported until 2014 (mostly).
    Its true MS still pushes security updates out for XP.
    I however wouldn't call it supported.

    http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerabil...indows-Xp.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.