Style
    Roman-Greco Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any places I should avoid in South East MO?

Hey everyone. I've never done any form of martial arts (put primary style as Wrestling since that's what I did all throughout high school) and am looking to get into it. I've always wanted to learn but never really had the time. Now I find myself with more then enough free time and would love to learn a style. The thing is I have no idea where to start. I'm afraid I'm going to find a McDojo and waste my money. I'm a student at SEMO and have access to a car so I can go about 30 minutes away (And I like to drive fast). Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start/what to start with?

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Greetings and welcome to Bullshido.

While I can't make any knowledgeable recommendations regarding southeast MO, I can give you a few pointers regarding this website. Take the time to read the forum headers and threads that address you by your username at the top of each forum. Different forums have seriously different posting requirements. For instance, you started this thread in Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Skepticism, or MABS, our forum dedicated to investigations into martial fraud. The posting guidelines for that forum are very strict.

I moved your thread to Newbietown, a forum for new members who have questions, concerns or just want to introduce themselves to the rest of us.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido. What he ^^^^^^ said.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Search functio............ ah um.

On second thought, welcome to bullshido. Somewhere around here we have a Thread on finding a good school.

Ah, there it is. In newbietown. It's one of the stickies at the top of the page.

And why was this form buried in the support section?
    Last edited by dflanmod; 11/08/2012 6:55pm at .

Style
    Karate-knockdown, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How's it going? Welcome to Bullshido. The problem you are going to find is that SEMo is located in a town that has little martial arts to offer. Have you checked on campus for a Judo club? You might be able to find one there or you can post a flyer that you are seeking someone with experience and go from there. If you were closer to St. Louis, there are some very good schools there. Checking around, there seems to be an American Top Team listed for Jackson, MO. That might be worth looking into. http://local.yahoo.com/info-12984586...am-mma-jackson

Other than that you are looking at traveling to get yourself some training.

How far are you from Rolla and Colombia?

Style
    Shotokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, I grew up in Cape Girardeau, MO, where SEMO is located. I haven't lived there in about a decade, but there was a large TKD School there called Moo Sul Kwan. There was also a Tracey's Kenpo Karate. I studied with a hybrid art in the late 90's that was run by a former co-worker, but he has left the game. Last time I was there I saw a storefront McDojang in the Town Plaza.