Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about mma uncensored on Spike tv cause they said the same thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:04pm

Style: Still deciding.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was watching a film recently called "Red Belt" and I recommend it. I can't really go into all of the details without spoiling it but it basically covers the corruption of the fight promotion world and brings it into the realm of MMA. Randy Couture is in it as a commentator.

I remember for a while women's boxing was more entertaining to me and I often wondered why and I realized it was not because of the fact it was girls but it was because of the fact that there was so little money being made on it that fight promoters like Don King had not yet had a chance to suck the soul out of it. Women's MMA kind of fell into that category for me for a while too.

I am almost worried about the future of the sport as more money gets into it.

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    I was watching a film recently called "Red Belt" and I recommend it. I can't really go into all of the details without spoiling it but it basically covers the corruption of the fight promotion world and brings it into the realm of MMA. Randy Couture is in it as a commentator.

I remember for a while women's boxing was more entertaining to me and I often wondered why and I realized it was not because of the fact it was girls but it was because of the fact that there was so little money being made on it that fight promoters like Don King had not yet had a chance to suck the soul out of it. Women's MMA kind of fell into that category for me for a while too.

I am almost worried about the future of the sport as more money gets into it.
    I recently watched a movie about a guy that got bite by a radioactive spider, it really covers what will actually happen to you in such a case. I think we should irradiate more spiders based off of what I saw on a movie.

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:20pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    [snip idiot's tattoo]
    Snagged from her Facebook page
    Wow... that's just... is she flattered or horrified or something in between?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:38pm

Style: Shotokan & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So apparently, Rousey has finally been signed to the UFC.

I thought Red Belt sucked. Also, that's not a particularly good portrait tattoo. If it wasn't for the photo right next to it, I doubt I would know who it was.

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:46pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Wow... that's just... is she flattered or horrified or something in between?
    Well she did #Flattered it. So I am going to go with something in between.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I recently watched a movie about a guy that got bite by a radioactive spider, it really covers what will actually happen to you in such a case. I think we should irradiate more spiders based off of what I saw on a movie.
    "Appeal to mockery".

Anyway, I also pointed out in my post that Don King did a lot to ruin boxing. You don't have to watch movies to learn that. I brought up the movie I watched just because it got me to thinking about the impact that money will likely have on MMA the more money gets mixed up in it.

Any response to that?

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Appeal to mockery".
    Wrong

Anyway, I also pointed out in my post that Don King did a lot to ruin boxing.
    Define Ruin, source how much damage Don King actually did and back up what you say with something substantial.
    As Boxing is still going fairly strong.

You don't have to watch movies to learn that. I brought up the movie I watched just because it got me to thinking about the impact that money will likely have on MMA the more money gets mixed up in it.
    http://www.mma-manifesto.com/2012-ar...inancials.html

Exactly how much money needs to get mixed up in MMA before "money" gets mixed up?

Any response to that?
    Good job citing a movie to point out a problem that doesn't exist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong

Define Ruin, source how much damage Don King actually did and back up what you say with something substantial.
    As Boxing is still going fairly strong.

http://www.mma-manifesto.com/2012-ar...inancials.html

Exactly how much money needs to get mixed up in MMA before "money" gets mixed up?

Good job citing a movie to point out a problem that doesn't exist.
    Interesting. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Don King was a horrible force in boxing. And someone who is connected to a lot of corruption.

I can see you have decided to waste our time making all of this personal. So I won't waste my time with you any further. (Meaning I am going to ignore you.)

Have a nice day.

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:32pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Don King was a horrible force in boxing. And someone who is connected to a lot of corruption.
    Don King did do some damage to Boxing, he however didn't "ruin it".
    I can see you have decided to waste our time making all of this personal. So I won't waste my time with you any further.
    I actually have nothing against you.
    You just never back up what you say with anything compelling. You have yet to apply critical thinking to your points.

One fight promoter caught up in a scandal doesn't ruin the whole sport. As you see it is still around and most people don't scorn it for its corruption, it is still rather popular worldwide.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast