Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 8:25pm

Style: Still deciding.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    There is a school of thought that holds that when you take opposites far enough into the extreme, they become alike in extremism; so, for example, it might not matter much whether you start off leaning left or right -- when it gets to an extreme and oppressive regime, it ends up as much the same dictatorship.

Similarly, perfect trolls are utterly void of substance because all they ever post are provocations. You, on the other hand, veer off in the opposite direction, and similarly avoid ever saying anything worth listening to because all you care about is complaining about perceived trolls. It doesn't matter whether you raise a sickle or a swastika, as it were.

I personally have no patience of sympathy for people who litter their posts with homophobic jeers or calling everyone they disagree with a "fucking idiot", but I quickly found an excellent solution: I ignore these people, or ignore those parts of posts, and take what I can from the substance that's actually there. Note that "ignore" is a verb whose meaning extends further than a piece of forum functionality -- it does not mean "hide their posts and spend all my time bitching about how mean they are".
    I don't spend all my time complaining about trolls. That just happens to be what this thread is about.

I have participated in other threads. It generally does not take long for the conversation to become stupid.

Posted On:

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    I am not here to prove myself.
    Nope you just set out to prove this

the internet often distorts and clouds issues with bullshit and therefore renders itself useless.
    Pretty easy thing to prove when you do your best to make it useless.

Administrator

Posted On:

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so lets look at his statement:

So here are the basic premises that I am reading here.

1. That there is some form of "endurance" or "stamina" involved with reading insulting posts on the internet.

And:

2. That if someone is not "tough" enough to handle posts on the internet that they cannot therefore handle themselves in person in a real fight.

Here are the reasons I suggested that was flawed.

A. When I stated that was that it is not about whether or not I can "take it" and just said that I don't like to waste my time with that stuff. It was never about if I could "take it" or "handle it". I can handle it just fine. But there are better things I could be doing just fine. There are people who can handle breaking the world record for eating earth worms too. But that, just as enduring juvenile internet posts would not help me achieve my goals of better capability of self defense.

B. The internet is full of people who think that trolling makes them tough. The ability to insult people from the safety of your keyboard is not an indication of anything resembling ability in martial arts. Nor is the "fortitude" to put up with childish internet posts.

I was recommended to this forum by a friend and I was hoping I might be able to have some meaningful and useful exchanges here. But I got a terrible impression of the place from multiple threads including some of the ones that are supposed to be for serious investigations. This thread for example was started when the admin moved one of my posts from the one about Purple Dragon academy being investigated here. I didn't like the conduct in that thread. Too many conclusions were jumped to. And I have seen people's lives be seriously harmed by people publishing their amateur detective crap about someone or their business.

To be fair I have seen effort on the part of some of the mods to ask for proof and all that. But many of the users here don't do that.

I am not here to prove myself. I was hoping to learn something. And I did, it will be a good case study for my documentary about internet trolling and how the internet often distorts and clouds issues with bullshit and therefore renders itself useless.

Yes, your feelings were hurt on another forum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 8:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I'm suggesting that how you react to what you perceive as insults points to a high possibility of you breaking under duress.
    That would imply that I am in "duress" because of internet insults. Again you are barking up the wrong tree. I just see no reason to waste my time with it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 8:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't want to assume anything.
    You already have, it is too late to say "no I'm not."

You have basically refused to explain yourself.
    I have explained myself four times; until now.

Or what you are talking about.
    You have the answer, but you put the gentleman on ignore. It isn't my job to re-post their "proof," that shows you either lied or exaggerated your stalking claim.

You are more interested in finding various passive-aggressive ways of insulting me.
    Try something new and original:
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

See, if this was in another forum you'd be getting insulted. [B] You have passively insulted this board, implied that it was full of trolls and that all the information is buried in trash. There are other webforums that will allow your beliefs to go unchallenged.
    LOL. Yes, that's what I said AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD. Funny how you don't like it when it is done to you

So, now that it's clear I won't be learning anything from you either, I will just scroll past you as I discussed earlier.
    Yes, otherwise you'd learn about your own hypocrisy and irony. Yes, further proof you do not like dissent.

Enjoy yourself, but make sure you follow the rules in MABS. You are starting to **** up that forum and that will not be tolerated..

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 8:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would imply that I am in "duress" because of internet insults.
    No. You are reading too much into my posts and jumping to conclusions. Why?

Again you are barking up the wrong tree. I just see no reason to waste my time with it.
    But you adressed my point twice. Why?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 8:41pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly with the immature and in most cases stupid responses I see on these forums I see no reason to stay.

It was fun to watch troll addicts roll around attempting to justify their addiction though.

I hope you guys spend time with your families in between your endless need to try and insult and belittle people in the guise of "debate".

"There are other webforums that will allow your beliefs to go unchallenged."

This is perhaps a textbook example of how trolls and people who advocate forums for trolls pretending to be smart suggest that it's just that you don't want to be argued with or have any dissent.

People can and do present an opposing view point with total respect in their tone with the interest in actually learning from each other.

I don't see that here. I see just another excuse to troll and act like you are doing something constructive.

I think the final nail in the coffin of credibility would still have to be the suggestion that I should post a video of myself fighting since clearly if I can't take insulting internet posts that I therefore cannot fight or handle violence in person. Considering my childhood and the various times I have confronted people who had a lot to say on the internet who turned very tame in person I found this kind of hilarious.

I would not trust most of the people on this forum to give me an informed opinion about anything. Let alone martial arts. Because anyone who thinks that someone suggesting they would prefer not to waste their time on people making comments on people's penis sizes means they would fail in a real fight needs to seriously re-evaluate their logic.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 8:45pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys, I was being a passive aggressive troll, but you found me out. Now, I am going to claim that was my original intent. You know, even though I wanted answers, BUT I NEVER GAVE LINKS TO MY INTERNET TROLL RESEARCH.
    Goodbye.

No one cares about your trust. Be happy I didn't post all the links, related to you, where you were laughed off of multiple forums as a liar. Yep, people think I am an asshole, but I RARELY post damaging things that would embarrass trolls.

For every BlazeLeeDragon, there are 10 posters, like you, that I keep their links to myself. If your intent was to find a martial art, you'd have followed your own advice, in your various lectures, and talked about martial arts.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/10/2012 8:57pm at .

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 9:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coming soon

To a youtube channel near you.

A documentary that proves if you go looking for trolls on the web and are hypersensitive to every comment than you can find them. Proof that if you go asking for information than ignore it you will learn nothing.

Featuring great sites such as Bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2012 9:06pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Goodbye.

No one cares about your trust. Be happy I didn't post all the links, related to you, where you were laughed off of multiple forums as a liar. Yep, people think I am an asshole, but I RARELY post damaging things that would embarrass trolls.

For every BlazeLeeDragon, there are 10 posters, like you, that I keep their links to myself. If your intent was to find a martial art, you'd have followed your own advice, in your various lectures, and talked about martial arts.
    Now you have my attention. What forums was I "laughed off of" as a liar?

Do you make a habit of using the information given to you as an administrator of this forum to research people's personal lives?

Did you come across any information about the class action lawsuit against a blogger for defamation who ended up losing his website for posting libel about me?

I am highly interested in this topic. So feel free to level whatever threats you want. Post whatever crap you want. Just understand that if you don't verify the sources yourself you risk taking on legal claim of them and can find yourself in court too. And even if you win the legal fees will not be worth your time.

Interesting that this forum supposedly says people cannot be trolled in the newbie area but now you are doing just that.

I will be happy to pursue making people aware about how my personal information given in confidence to the administrators of this site was used in that fashion.

So by all means. Bring it.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast