218358 Bullies, 5371 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 138
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Internet-fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:46pm


     Style: Still deciding.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Ahhhh, you are one of those debaters. You set YOUR specific definitions, parameters and "logic" for a debate. Then you can argue "OMG SEE HE IS SHAMING ME." We will never agree on YOUR principles because you are trying to make the ENTIRE internet fit your definition of bullying, debating, and learning.


    I'd pick your post apart, but you are OBVIOUSLY carrying baggage form some other SEVERE internet forum fight.

    Strike that, your use of defame and shaming means it is more than one bad argument.
    Nah. Not trying to make the entire internet fit my definition. But if I am going to spend any time trying to use a given forum or if a forum wants to be taken seriously by anyone who actually wants to learn anything then we could probably do without the stuff I uoted from the thread I just linked in my last post.

    There is a lot of good information to be discussed about the issue of how some martial arts students don't do well. I can exchange relevant information about that without having to discuss the penis size, the amount of hair, or whatever the person I am debating with has.

    This is basic critical thinking. It's not some special rules I created all for myself.

    I understand some people don't have the self-dicipline to talk like adults are in theory supposed to.

    The more I sift through this forum the more I see **** that is a waste of time. Like your exchanges with me are starting to be.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,609

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:51pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    This thread I think kind of personifies what I am talking about.

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=117937&page=2

    Lets look at some of the great stuff that I wish I could get the moments of my life back that I spent reading:




    Whatever age you may have reached, your attitude reveals that you are still very far away from being a grown man.

    Maybe if you lose a few more fights? I now you can do it if you try...
    There is tons of that crap you have to sift through to get to the actual information being exchanged. And it's lame. Seriously lame.




    Do us all a favor. Read the rules in each subforum, ask any questions here and then try rebuilding your argument.

    Forum: Your Martial Art Sucks: General Martial Arts and Comedy Forum

    Martial Arts Forum Bullshido
    The Martial Arts General Discussion and Comedy forum. Take the gloves off and grammatically beat on each other and dead horses such as Style vs. Style, Chi, Ashida Kim, George Dillman, and related, retarded discussions. Lightly moderated, for blatantly obvious idiocy and NSFW or illegal content.
    You chose not to read the rules of the webforum when you joined.
    You wasted your own time ALL BY YOURSELF. The thread you referenced is based on a COMEDIC ARTICLE for CRACKED Magazine Online. That ENTIRE THREAD is based on ridiculing MAs, each other and the silliness in general.


    Try again please.
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,538

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:52pm

    supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    In an environment where learning is supposed to take place, it needs to be "safe" to be "wrong".
    That's bullshit. This isn't grade school.

    If you can't take a nasty post, no matter how right or wrong, you are going to fold like a lawn chair the moment someone's fist hits you.

    Learn to take a post, and welcome to Bullshido.
  4. Internet-fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:54pm


     Style: Still deciding.

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Critical thinking is essential if you want to actually learn anything.


    That video talks about a lot of the major mistakes people make.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,609

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 4:56pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Address your own logical fallacies and lack of critical thinking before posting videos to educate us.
  6. Internet-fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:02pm


     Style: Still deciding.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That's bullshit. This isn't grade school.

    If you can't take a nasty post, no matter how right or wrong, you are going to fold like a lawn chair the moment someone's fist hits you.

    Learn to take a post, and welcome to Bullshido.
    It's not bullshit at all.

    If you want people to learn from you then engaging their ego is not the way to go about it.

    If you say (just for example) "Chi Sao is ineffective in real combat..."

    And then go into an analysis as to why, while being respectful the person is far more likely to listen. Lets say you formulate a great argument. And your conduct while giving your case is positive. That person is not therefore worried they are going to be humiliated for you being right.

    Now, you can make the best argument in the world. If you add "And you are a fucking idiot for feeling that way!" now the person you are talking to has more at stake in the argument. Because if they admit you are correct in your critiscism of Chi Sao, they are also admitting you were right about being a "fucking idiot". Now their ego, self esteem and public image are at stake.

    This is why it's not efficient. It's not just about it being immoral or immature though there are arguments to be made about that. If you want the person to learn from you doing something that is almost guaranteed to compel the person not to admit you are right is not effective at all. In many cases they will reject everything you say out of hand.

    That's why I said I guess it depends on your goal. If you have a strong opinion about Chi Sao or any other martial art issue and you want the person to understand why you feel that way for the sake of the betterment of martial arts as a whole then shitting on them is not the way to get them to open their mind.

    If your goal is just to have fun at the expense of others to let off stress while deluding yourself into thinking you are actually contributing something to society, troll on.

    And it's not that I can't take a "post". This is not about stamina or endurance. It's about efficient use of someone's time and energy. I have better things to do with my time then read stuff about people's penis sizes.
    Last edited by Internet-fu; 11/10/2012 5:07pm at .
  7. Internet-fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:04pm


     Style: Still deciding.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Address your own logical fallacies and lack of critical thinking before posting videos to educate us.
    Like which logical fallacy? And what lack of critical thinking?

    Can you cite examples?
  8. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    4,619

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:06pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    Critical thinking is essential if you want to actually learn anything.


    That video talks about a lot of the major mistakes people make.
    Any reason we are stating this?
    I have yet to see anyone disagree with this point even though you keep trying to make it.
    If you browsed the website you will see critical thinking is often applied. In fact ridicule here typically comes from people repeatedly not applying proper critical thinking.

    You know such as referencing works of fiction as an example of real world conditions. Staying things without backing them up.
    Not applying any sort of self reflection and applying critical thinking to their own arguments. Preaching to the choir.
    Making highly generalized cursory statements on threads.
  9. DCS is online now
    DCS's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    If you can't take a nasty post, no matter how right or wrong, you are going to fold like a lawn chair the moment someone's fist hits you.
    This.
  10. Internet-fu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    54

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 5:10pm


     Style: Still deciding.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    This.
    Is addressed in my response.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.