223777 Bullies, 3866 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 138
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,226

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 10:48pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    I was not here to argue. But I was and am right. :)

    Point. Set. Match.
    It's simply unfair that you get to insult the entire forum without affording the members here the opportunity to return the favor. Therefore I moved this thread to YMAS.

    As an outsider in this thread, I have to say that you are spectacularly self-righteous Internet-fu.

    The odds are very slim that you will ever find a forum that measures up to your standards. Quite simply, they are unrealistic because you seek to ignore human nature.

    I do my best to reply on an unemotional level at all times here. One poster has referred to me as "the librarian" due to the dry nature of my posts.

    Nevertheless, I have made a jackass out of myself on this site on numerous occasions. After all, I'm only human.

    You did not come here seeking answers to questions. You came here convinced that all forums are a waste of time, and your confirmation bias will not allow you to perceive any other possibility.
    Shut the hell up and train.
  2. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,596

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 10:59pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: Internet trolling and You

    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    It's simply unfair that you get to insult the entire forum without affording the members here the opportunity to return the favor. Therefore I moved this thread to YMAS.

    As an outsider in this thread, I have to say that you are spectacularly self-righteous Internet-fu.

    The odds are very slim that you will ever find a forum that measures up to your standards. Quite simply, they are unrealistic because you seek to ignore human nature.

    I do my best to reply on an unemotional level at all times here. One poster has referred to me as "the librarian" due to the dry nature of my posts.

    Nevertheless, I have made a jackass out of myself on this site on numerous occasions. After all, I'm only human.

    You did not come here seeking answers to questions. You came here convinced that all forums are a waste of time, and your confirmation bias will not allow you to perceive any other possibility.
    Amen. Would somebody pass the sweet rolls? Pardon? You ate the last one?? We have just finished saying grace, what the hell is wrong with you? Were you eating while jnp said his bit to the big man? You know what, **** it. You're going to burn in hell, son. That's why your mother ran off.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  3. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:01pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    Another thing, and this is only partially related to the topic of the thread. I have to say that one of the things I always found funny about old style Kung Fu movies was the way everyone would posture and challenge each other. The internet seems to of made this same hilarity play out. Seriously guys. The internet is statistically proven to make people behave stupidly if they are not careful. The conduct in some of these threads I have been reading before I decided to register is atrocious and unprofessional.

    The advent of the internet has done great things for communication but it has also become a new way for people to scribble on the bathroom wall for kicks on a much larger scale. And what I mean by that is that the anonymity of the internet is both great for truth but at the same time great for lies and distortions of the truth.

    Take great care with what you say or what conclusions you jump to about someone on the internet. Now that we live in the age of google you might as well be drawing this stuff on their forehead. And you can ruin lives with it. I am actually researching a documentary on internet "Trolling" and how because of it there are companies literally making thousands of dollars protecting people's reputations from people who can run off at the mouth and say completely unfounded garbage about people with no risk of conseuences unless the victim happens to have thousands of dollars lying around to give lawyers.
    From the statement, "statistically proven to make people behave stupidly..." I can already tell that you're full of **** and have no idea what the **** you're talking about. You apparently don't understand that there's a difference between math and psychology.

    Fucking dipshit.
  4. RurikGreenwulf is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239

    Posted On:
    11/10/2012 11:48pm


     Style: Humbleness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!



    NEVER GETZ OLDZ
  5. doofaloofa is online now
    doofaloofa's Avatar

    I'm Svelte!

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wesht Cark
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    11/11/2012 1:24am

    supporting member
     Style: mma

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ignoring users is for pussies
  6. Magpie McGee is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    162

    Posted On:
    11/11/2012 2:17am


     Style: Thai Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ITT: Internet-Fu is a first year Philosophy student who learned all about the appeal to ridicule fallacy this week and couldn't wait to show us all how smart he was. Now I just need you to fill this out and you can go on your merry way.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butthurt.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	13994
  7. PDA is offline
    PDA's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    865

    Posted On:
    11/11/2012 4:57am

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Internet-Fu is right and everybody else is wrong IMO.
    King without a crown
  8. erezb is offline
    erezb's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,267

    Posted On:
    11/11/2012 5:01am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet-fu View Post
    I think it is important to point out that I am referring to internet in general and not solely to things going on on this forum. Though I have seen some things here. I will find you some threads.

    However, none of that is going to matter if we cannot agree on one basic principle.

    When someone is adding personal attack and insult to a debate that's an attempt to defame or shame the person they are talking to. And that is never constructive. If you are correct, give the facts and demonstrate why. When people add the insults it actually hinders the entire process.

    A martial artist I once talked to who trained a lot of JKD said he enjoyed training with the Machado Brothers because if you had an idea and they did not agree with it they would let you test it out so that you could get the facts of the situation and then base your future practice on that. No ego. No insults. No bullshit. The environment created in that situation means that people can freely exchange ideas and theories and share information, working through any disagreements with the scientific method.

    I have seen too many arguments where the insults are thrown in that causes one of the parties to shut off their brain. Then the insults start getting tossed back and forth and the intellectual exchange becomes harder and harder to find to the point in many cases it becomes non-existent. And all that is left is two adults typing stuff they would not let their kids say. And wasting a great deal of time.

    In an environment where learning is supposed to take place, it needs to be "safe" to be "wrong".
    People will use fallacies all the time, they do it also in courts and in your face, not only on line. The "Ad huminem" and "poisoning the well" are very common, usually on line you argue with more than one, so just ignore the one using those tactics on you, or like me spiral down in an insult fest until you climax. You even use fallacies like "Middle ground" or something of sorts where you claim that in order to argue or debate one must use a certain guide line, and if not using that guide line than he is in the wrong... That is not true, if you have little toughness in you (usually people here aren't timid) you can deflect the **** and either focus on your points or **** back in a funnier manner. This is bullshido not the cat forum, grow a thick skin or go home. But, if you do stay please have a fucking point other than people are not nice, that is a given.
  9. Resonance10 is offline
    Resonance10's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SarfLondon UK
    Posts
    694

    Posted On:
    11/11/2012 8:16am

    supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The internet is statistically proven to make people behave stupidly if they are not careful

    To be fair I think Internet-(si)fu has proved himself right..
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.