Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I paid $300 to go to a Dog Brothers training weekend (Die Less Often material; no stickfighting) in July. I learned some good stuff that I brought back to my training group, mostly defense against a prison-style knife attack. Is it pricey? Yeah, you could find seminars out there for like $25, but the Dog Brothers are the best, and it costs more to train with the best. I wasn't worried I'd have to practice impractical techniques I'd have to modify or discard later.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should also mention that part of that weekend was having Kaju Dog, a combat medic, give a little trauma care seminar, on handling gun and knife wounds with a trauma kit (they sell little vaccuum sealed ones you can keep in a trunk or daypack or whatever, I've got one). They're very good about considering all of the realities of fighting, including patching oneself up afterwards.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll blog my stuff over at Fitocracy, because of a bet I have running, but I haven't started using that page regularly yet.

https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Battlecat

A longer diary on BS, I fear will be hard to do, but I'll keep you guys posted. :)

As to seminar fees, the question just so I can compare if I am ripped off or not, but actually, the fees seem remarkably low, compared to US prizes. Then again, Lonely bears his name for a reason: Not many here that one could charge any fees, really.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 12/14/2012 3:06am at .

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011