Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I paid $300 to go to a Dog Brothers training weekend (Die Less Often material; no stickfighting) in July. I learned some good stuff that I brought back to my training group, mostly defense against a prison-style knife attack. Is it pricey? Yeah, you could find seminars out there for like $25, but the Dog Brothers are the best, and it costs more to train with the best. I wasn't worried I'd have to practice impractical techniques I'd have to modify or discard later.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should also mention that part of that weekend was having Kaju Dog, a combat medic, give a little trauma care seminar, on handling gun and knife wounds with a trauma kit (they sell little vaccuum sealed ones you can keep in a trunk or daypack or whatever, I've got one). They're very good about considering all of the realities of fighting, including patching oneself up afterwards.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll blog my stuff over at Fitocracy, because of a bet I have running, but I haven't started using that page regularly yet.

https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Battlecat

A longer diary on BS, I fear will be hard to do, but I'll keep you guys posted. :)

As to seminar fees, the question just so I can compare if I am ripped off or not, but actually, the fees seem remarkably low, compared to US prizes. Then again, Lonely bears his name for a reason: Not many here that one could charge any fees, really.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 12/14/2012 3:06am at .

Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woof All:

I'm new to Bullshido and saw this thread as I begin to surf around.

Not sure whether this thread is so old that there is no point in posting here, so I will simply post this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3wK9FcZieA from our Training Camp a few weeks ago to see if there is any interest. If there is, I will be glad to answer questions.

The Adventure continues,
    Crafty Dog

Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Dog View Post
    Woof All:

I'm new to Bullshido and saw this thread as I begin to surf around.

Not sure whether this thread is so old that there is no point in posting here, so I will simply post this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3wK9FcZieA from our Training Camp a few weeks ago to see if there is any interest. If there is, I will be glad to answer questions.

The Adventure continues,
    Crafty Dog
    I see no problem with you addressing a thread basically dedicated to your organization and letting people know you are here.

No problem with this necro that I can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome, sir! Anything you would like to add to a thread dedicated to all the great stuff you and yours have done over the years would be great! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diesel:

It is an eleven page thread-- could you narrow it down a bit please? :-D

Page 11 of 11 First ... 7891011