Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Style
    Muay Thai/Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Traveling to China

Hello shikaru im searching for a good shaolin school in china to be staying for a longer term and would like to ask you if you got any school to recommend i have checked "Siping City Shao Lin Martial Arts Academy" but the site looks rl cheap and ofc "Qofu shaolin kung fu school china"!

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurk4n View Post
    Hello shikaru im searching for a good shaolin school in china
    Seriously!! You might want to check out Newbietown.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64
    If you look at the date of the last post in this thread, you will find that nobody has been active here for two and a half years, just saying.
    If you are looking for a good Shaolin school, try San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, New York or Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Taijiquan, Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Gurk,

There's no mention on your profile of how old you are, where you are or if you've had any training.

I would think carefully about what you want before shelling out any money on a "Shaolin experience" package. What do you mean by long term? A few months? A few years?

If you want a cultural experience, then maybe think about getting a job teaching English in one of the big cities, then see whats around. At least then you have the support network of the company you work for and other expats. Try http://www.englishfirst.com/trt/esl-jobs-in-china.html they're not perfect but I know a few people who have worked for them.

If you just want to train seriously for a few years, then, as Mr Dunc says, take advantage of whats on your doorstep. I would say that the quality and diversity of martial arts available in the US is far superior (or at least more accessible) to what you can find in China, and you don't have to worry about language, culture, visa's etc.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurk4n View Post
    Hello shikaru im searching for a good shaolin school in china to be staying for a longer term and would like to ask you if you got any school to recommend i have checked "Siping City Shao Lin Martial Arts Academy" but the site looks rl cheap and ofc "Qofu shaolin kung fu school china"!
    The advice about what is on your doorstep is good, but if you're set on traveling...

Go to Thailand.

1st, there is (obviously) very good Muay Thai there, so you will actually learn how to fight- like real people- who actually fight back. And you don't even have to shave your head.

2nd, Thai girls, by and large, are way way way hotter than Chinese girls. This is proven scientific fact, I just don't happen to recall the sources.

3rd, everyone goes to Bangkok or Phucket, **** that noise. Go to Chiang Mai. Way more women than men and as long as you are not a complete fat **** you will have to beat them off with a stick. So you will learn stick fighting too!

The only caveat is that I'm not sure about the training facility situation in Chiang Mai because I spent the entire month I was there either fucking or trying to gather my energy so I could **** some more. Some would say that it was a wasted trip. I call it golden memories.

Even if the Muay Thai is not as good in Chiang Mai as other places in Thailand it's still light years ahead of the bullshit you're looking for in China.

Also, there is an all female motorcycle gang in Chiang Mai whose members are set on nailing as many guys as possible. I realize that this is not entirely relevant to the conversation at hand but I thought it was something you should know.

Style
    Muay Thai/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is i live in sweden and thats not possible! Im and it has been a dream for me to se china and ofc learn more about there culture!
    And it would be awsome to find an good school! I just found this forum and wanted to give it a shot :)!

Style
    Muay Thai/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great now i know im soposed to read some more!

The thing is i just want to get away for about 6 months or something ofc get some training done i know i can train at home but i also want to get some disiplin and maybe learn to give a **** about the small things in life to.

And the biggest reason for me is ofcourse that i would like to travel to asia to learn about the culture abit more and i trought a shoulin temple would be an awsome experience!

But i gues i need to read some more and think again!

I read all your comments and im appreciate all your help and i will fill in my profil it would be awsome if you got any more tips exept newbietown that i should check!
    Last edited by Gurk4n; 10/30/2012 4:53am at .

Style
    Muay Thai/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    XD sos that first sentence is a bit random!
    Great now i know im soposed to read some more!

Style
    Muay Thai/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i gues the idea to travel to China is about to be changed but do you seriously beleave that there is actualy no good shaolin school there!

Ofc i want to travel there for the training but also becouse i have always wanted to travel to China becouse of the culture and for some reason come away from "sweden" for a while!

Yes the training is also important and Thailand would also be an good option but as i said before im not only traveling for the training!

I mean sure alot of schools might suck, probably the most of them but some will be good!

Im trying to find one but thats kinda hard becous im not sure if the rl good schools would focus on students from any other country!

The reason i beleave so is becouse if you take in other students it would be just becouse of the money and that makes it unserious!

And for that reason i think you actualy need to live in China to know the diffrence!

I would love to actualy travel to Thailand to learn some Muay Tai but i would rather travel to china any good tips to find any good schools would be awsome!

Just want to repeat it i live in Sweden!
    And sorry for not responding earlier but im just getting used to this site :)!

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you have watched too many shaw brothers movies. that is not the shaolin you are looking for
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Muay Thai/Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you have watched too many shaw brothers movies. that is not the shaolin you are looking for

Well to be honest yes i have watched alot fighting movies and yes alot of them are as you call them shaw brothers movies! But that isnt an argument about that they dont exist!
    And i seriously beleave they do!
    And ofcourse it dousnt have to be shaolin but the main deal is i need to live there, eat there, get my training done and hopefully get some gratetude for the small things in life!
    And that is with out even talking about the culture and the great atmosfere it offers!

I trough shaolin just becouse it had such a big topic! Nothing more than that! Im open to suggestions on that mather!
    But it has to be in china becouse i already know a couple of Muay Thai training camps in Thailand!
    Last edited by Gurk4n; 11/06/2012 1:32pm at .

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last