Sponsored Links Spacer Image

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 1:04am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Multitasking nerd powers level up

So, I make armor/clothing for a living. It's pretty bitchin'. But I am not content to simply have a job where I set my own hours, travel around the country, spend most of my weekends at cons, and this is my dress code. Nah, I can make it better.
    My principal medium of work is chainmail and scale armor, both of which are incredibly tedious tasks, much akin to knitting, but with metal instead of yarn. Traditionally, I'll keep myself entertained by watching **** on netflix, hanging out at craftjams, etc etc while working.
    As of today, I can officially add "playing video games" to that list. I've determined that JRPG's (my traditional video game jam) are input non-intensive enough that I can play them with my feet while making chainmail.
    I'm playing video games. With my feet. While working.This is my job. I make money this way.
    God, I love being me.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 1:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's pretty motherfucking awesome, I guess. Although some may say you're living out an infantile fantasy and ****. They may ask, McClaw, how old are you? Do you plan on doing anything approaching importance with your life? The **** wrong with you, son? Of course, you could retort with "**** off, motherfuckers. Who is going to design the uber gay dress code of the pansy revolution if I don't do that ****?". And you may be right. Carry on McClaw, carry on.

Also, JRPG's gay as ****. Motherfuck Final Fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 1:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    That's pretty motherfucking awesome, I guess. Although some may say you're living out an infantile fantasy and ****. They may ask, McClaw, how old are you? Do you plan on doing anything approaching importance with your life? The **** wrong with you, son? Of course, you could retort with "**** off, motherfuckers. Who is going to design the uber gay dress code of the pansy revolution if I don't do that ****?". And you may be right. Carry on McClaw, carry on.

Also, JRPG's gay as ****. Motherfuck Final Fantasy.
    I'm twenty six, and my goal in life is to die with a bare minimum of regrets. If I were religious, it might different, and I'd just plan to live it up in heaven. Since I'm not, I'll just have to kick it here on earth.
    In terms of what I'm contributing to society, I'm trying to do my part to fix the sad and broken world of men's wear. I don't know if you've gone clothing shopping in the past 40 years, but designers have been making the same casual wear since the 1970's and the same formalwear since the 1860's. Not exactly up there with curing malaria and terraforming mars in terms of social importance, but better at least I'm not doing something overtly toxic to society at large like being a drug dealer or a pastor.
    And what's wrong with being gay? Who are we to question the sexual orientation of video games?

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 1:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't playing a JRPG more or less the same as watching Netflix now a days? or is this just the Final Fantasy series of games.

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 8:32am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, you're a small business owner and that's a worthy goal. Keep on keeping on!
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 12:30pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubei33 View Post
    Hey, you're a small business owner and that's a worthy goal. Keep on keeping on!
    Did I mention that I've recently started hiring production assistants, as well?
    I'm doing what GM can't. I'm creating manufacturing jobs in Michigan.

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 12:40pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pic

You will need:
    1 cucumber, and some tin foil

1 wrap cucumber in the tin foil

2 Insert wraped cucumber into trousers to one side (depending on which side you dress)

3 Draw your sword to beat off goth emo nerd chicks (or what ever the **** you kids call them)

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 2:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's from Michigan, he wears what he wants and spits across the Lakes into the Queen's arsehole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 4:03pm

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like your style. Growing up is for idiots. How long approximately does it take to make one average size chain mail?
    And were you born in US? I always thought you look and dress like a German :-)

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/07/2012 4:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    I like your style. Growing up is for idiots. How long approximately does it take to make one average size chain mail?
    And were you born in US? I always thought you look and dress like a German :-)
    Yep, I'm a home-grown 'Murican.
    The time it takes to make a shirt of chainmail depends largely on ring size, but about 40-60 man hours. A pair of maille gloves (my principal selling item), takes one or two hours. Hours that will now also be spent playing the most implicitly homoerotic scifi/fantasy epics Japan has to offer.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast