Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:09pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So...President Obama

I'm interested to know what you Americans think of him.

I think internationally everyone else is just happy that Bush isn't president.

As Americans..
    What do you think he has done well?
    What do you think he has done poorly?
    Who in society do you think has benefited from his presidency?
    Who has suffered from his presidency?
    What policy that he implemented were you most pleased with?
    What policy that he implemented did you most disagree with?

Would you vote for him at the next election?

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA View Post

As Americans..
    He's improved our international image quite a bit.
    His health care plan lacks any teeth. He still hasn't closed Gitmo. National spending is through the roof.
    The rich, but you can say the same about the last guy. I don't think the status quo has changed much
    See above. Oh and Osama Bin Laden got wacked.
    Can't say that he's done much for me. I guess I like that he's keeping us out of direct involvement in the Arab Spring.
    See what he's done poorly.

I plan to throw my vote away on a 3rd party candidate like I did last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:04pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Not convinced the international image and making world happy is a good thing. The behavior and attitudes coming out of Europe are problematic; but I pay attention to them because they are democracies. Dictatorial countries I typically don't pay attention to.

As Americans..
    What do you think he has done well? Pakistan raid, Libya,
    Did not balance bail outs with regulation to prevent systematic risk to overall economy.
    Government sector and mega rich.
    People who derive wealth from income as opposed to handouts or capital gains.
    Immigration enforcement seems to be improving.
    Stimulus does not seem to have future benefit. If you spen that much money leave future generations new stuff like modern equivalent of dam or bridge. Not repairs or additional service personnel
    decline to state !

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry for embedding in your quote. Dang mobile phone! Or maybe it's operator error.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/24/2012 11:55pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's interesting you both say you think his term has benefited the rich or mega rich, I was under the impression he is taxing high income earners to supplement the low?
    Have I got that totally wrong?

I would be very interested to see the financial demographic of voters, I have always thought that poor people dont vote and thats why so many policies are aimed at the rich and not at the poor, my poorly informed rose tinted spectacles led me to believe Obama's election was important because it went against that trend.

I also cant believe Gtmo is still open, that was a considerable platform that picked up a lot of votes from the liberal minded I would have thought.

Is the healthcare plan similar to what we have in the UK, the NHS (National Health Care Service)?

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 12:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Healthcare is not single payer like uk. Very different.

What is your objection to Gitmo? Serious question to start discussion.

Capital gains are the source of mega wealth not what is called earned income here. High wage earners are often temporary end of career years. Also I think reform is needed to prevent illegitimate transfer of wealth from poor to rich; not taxation. Taxation transfers wealth to corporations and public sector employees. Not the poor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 1:08am

Style: Boxing, Judo, Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's interesting you both say you think his term has benefited the rich or mega rich, I was under the impression he is taxing high income earners to supplement the low?
    Have I got that totally wrong?
    Pretty much. He's taxing the upwardly mobile. Those who one day could be rich. They make money, but not enough to afford good tax attorneys, ya know?

I also cant believe Gtmo is still open, that was a considerable platform that picked up a lot of votes from the liberal minded I would have thought.
    It did. But there is a certain problem - where the hell do you house these guys? No one wants em.

Is the healthcare plan similar to what we have in the UK, the NHS (National Health Care Service)?
    Thank god, no. Having lived spitting distance from such a system, (My apartment looked over the Detroit River into Canada) and having worked with a few canadians (and diens) it amazed me how many of them carried u.s. health insurance. Why? It offered more options. A single payer system won't work here.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 8:27am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty disappointed in Obama who I supported and voted for. He promised change but as usual **** is the same.

Among the several promises he broke, the one that pisses me off more than any was his promise not to use federal funds or resources to go after marijuana growers in states that have legalized it (at the state level). He didn't just break that promise, he broke it in a way that is epic in its proportions.

He sucks.

However, Romney is worse and I'll end up voting for Obama again because as an American, I have the right to choose between two douchebags.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 8:52am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obama has been fairly impotent in his first term. Partially because the Republicans gained control of the House of Representatives in 2010. I expect him to pursue his left wing goals more aggressively if he's elected for a second term. I expect him to be re-elected.

His major claim to fame so far is Healthcare Reform which is a complete goatfuck.

What has he done well? He hasn't embarrassed the country with any major scandals so far. That's a positive.

Who in society has benefitted from his presidency? The gun industry. Seriously, they've made a fucking killing since he became president. Especially early on. Look for them to get even richer in early 2013 if Obama wins again.

Who has suffered? The healthcare industry. They're **** scared of healthcare reform. They're tightening their belts, laying people off, buying less new medical equipment, etc. They've been hit hard.

**** no, I'm not voting for him. Anybody but him. I don't like any of those motherfuckers including Romney. But I'll vote for them over Obama.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    4/25/2012 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMMA
    I think he has personally helped to amplify racial tensions in this country, starting with the police "acting stupidly," and most recently with his "if I had a son," comment.
    Govern.
    Gotta go with Devil on this, arms and ammunition manufacturers and dealers that have skin in private ownership.
    The remainder of the private sector.
    I liked the whole transparency initiative, except that it has failed to materialize.
    I have to pick just one? OK, I think his policy against the development of US-based oil supply is abhorrent.
    ****, no.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast