Also this.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 9:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    2/12/2013 6:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2013 10:12pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Indian Clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've really gotten into is in the past 4 years or so. I'm planning on hitting up some festivals this summer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2013 4:17am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    2/15/2013 2:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    2/15/2013 9:02am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm getting stupid into trap at the moment. Love the simplistic bass, 808 kick, hip hop beat with synth samples from old school edm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    2/15/2013 1:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Battlefields. I can't see the tune you posted

Posted On:
    2/16/2013 7:04am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't post a tune. Will do when I get to a computer.

As the evolution of electronic music has progressed a long way from when I was running around the clubs with blood in my chemical stream and lights conspiring in a kaleidoscope of colour, I'm wondering what hard energy evolved into nowadays. That type of dark music with hard 4/4 time, from the era and similarity of Zombie Nation.

I'm looking for some current tunes in that genre, artists, or mixes. So I can use them for running. I hate running, but that time signature would help I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast