222280 Bullies, 3618 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 53
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 7:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk View Post
    Condit is a badass.
    **** yeah.
    anyone else think he was throwing really telegraphed kicks at the beginning on purpose? I was thinking 'is he even TRYING to land those?' and then *wham*. he set it up beautifully.
    That's a fucking stupid thought. Dismiss that ****. The brain shot that dropped GSP wasn't actually set up that well. Condit had his body bent over at the waist prior to coming up with the kick, the kick was fucking fantastic, but the **** before it was not.

    Also, Carlos was trying to save his motherfucking ass for most of the fight. GSP had him cold on the feet and on the ground except for that magic high foot in the 3rd.
    I wanna see GSP against an awesome striker with decent wrestling, enough to make the TDs less frequent and really put the pressure on him standing.
    He's fought pretty much every ************ in the welterweight division so far. How great of a striker is Johnny Hendricks? His power is amazing, can he handle the Georges?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  2. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,223

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 11:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    I'm sorry I completely shut down your shitty argument and made you look like a dipshit. You have no idea what the **** you're talking about, you fat piece of **** Canfuck.
    lol
    An argument consists of at least two premises followed by a conclusion.
    Perhaps you should read my original post again , or maybe take a logic course.
    That is, if you can find the time between dating your super-hot doctor girlfriend, playing video games ( I get the feeling you spend much more time doing this than any of your other 'hobbies', including training), climbing Mt. Everest with no oxygen tanks, and shelling out hundreds of dollars to Omega for private MMA lessons.
    All in a pathetic attempt to overcome your massive insecurities and try to become a man.
    And the only part of my body that is big and fat is my cock when its erect.
    At least that's what your girlfriend told me.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  3. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,223

    Posted On:
    11/18/2012 11:43pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lost count of the number of times he snapped Stout's head with those jabs...
    Yeah, it was frustrating to watch. But the truth is that Sam gets beaten to the punch often. Even in his fight with the Kingfisher (which he won) he was getting nailed quite often and only won because he got some nice takedowns in.
    Sammy's got a solid chin, but he was just talking the other day about how he feels that he's past the point in his career where he wants to stand and trade every fight. He would rather try and win by submission.
    Smart fighters know there comes a point where you need to forego the bravado and change your game a bit if you want to fight a few more years.
    Or you just end up another Forest Griffin.
    I like Griffin, but I'm sure you get my meaning.
    Unfortunately,Stout was unable to score on three takedown attempts on Saturday to try and swing things in his favor. And his opponent had obviously watched some tape and followed his game plan to a tee.
    I haven't seen the Hominick fight yet..
    From what I understand the GSP fight was far from boring.
    Last edited by OZZ; 11/18/2012 11:47pm at .
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  4. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 4:18am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    lol
    An argument consists of at least two premises followed by a conclusion.
    Perhaps you should read my original post again , or maybe take a logic course.
    That is, if you can find the time between dating your super-hot doctor girlfriend, playing video games ( I get the feeling you spend much more time doing this than any of your other 'hobbies', including training), climbing Mt. Everest with no oxygen tanks, and shelling out hundreds of dollars to Omega for private MMA lessons.
    All in a pathetic attempt to overcome your massive insecurities and try to become a man.
    And the only part of my body that is big and fat is my cock when its erect.
    At least that's what your girlfriend told me.
    Right OK.

    Aside from all of that, you still haven't refuted anything I've said.

    NOTHING you said has addressed the fact that GSP is a boring fighter. Tactical and intelligent fighting that leads to decisions is boring.

    Argue your point. Don't throw around a bunch of red herrings to try to rally the Anti-Sirc bandwagon. Where they're at, they can't hear your screams.
  5. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 7:54am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think GSP's fights are boring. I enjoy them motherfucking tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  6. Tranquil Suit is online now
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar

    On hiatus

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,464

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 8:21am

    supporting member
     

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His previous fight with Shields was boring.

    (tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
  7. Devil is online now
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,522

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 9:17am

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Also, Carlos was trying to save his motherfucking ass for most of the fight. GSP had him cold on the feet and on the ground except for that magic high foot in the 3rd.
    Exactly. He really had nothing for GSP. Totally outclassed. Yeah, he caught him with a good kick. I won't call it lucky but they could probably fight ten times and he'd never catch GSP with a kick like that again. Almost all the damage GSP took during the fight was from the kick and the time he was trying to recover from the kick. Otherwise, he would've walked away with a couple little cuts from Condit's elbows from the guard.

    I do think St. Pierre looks like he's slowing down some. I still think his wrestling would make him a hell of a tough matchup for Silva. I think he'd murder Nick Diaz if that fight ever comes around. Hendricks would make for an interesting fight.

    GSP showed a ton of heart in that fight. He was hurt and he was rusty, but he pushed through it. Pretty badass.
  8. Pharabus is online now

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    442

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 9:33am


     Style: Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a point at the end of round 1 where I thought GSP looked relieved the round was over, at that moment I actually thought he was gassed and would fade, more likely he was just relieved to get through his first round back,

    other than the kick (and I agree with Devil on that one) GSP dominated, Condit did well not to be finished but that's about it for me, i have not seen Hendricks wrestling (which he apparently is respected for) so i dont really know how good a match that would be (bloody heavy hands though!)

    personally i think Silva Jones would be a more enjoyable match up

    the arm bar by Menjivar was sweet to watch, Dos Anjos looks very sharp
  9. KobraKai is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 12:01pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva vs. GSP now
  10. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,223

    Posted On:
    11/19/2012 1:08pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Right OK.

    Aside from all of that, you still haven't refuted anything I've said.

    NOTHING you said has addressed the fact that GSP is a boring fighter. Tactical and intelligent fighting that leads to decisions is boring.

    Argue your point. Don't throw around a bunch of red herrings to try to rally the Anti-Sirc bandwagon. Where they're at, they can't hear your screams.
    Therein lies your stupidity.
    What I proposed was not an argument , rather, it was a statement informing the previous poster of some of the reasons other people refer to GSP as a boring fighter. Followed by my own summary and assessment of his ring tactics overall.

    If it were an argument it would have read as follows
    ( Topic sentence) " GSP not a boring fighter.."
    Premises 1&2 " And here are the reasons why _____"
    Conclusion " Therefore, GSP is not a boring fighter."

    So what I posted was not an argument at all, and nor could it possibly be referred to as a 'fallacious argument', because it is, in fact, not an argument.
    You will never find a post anywhere on this forum where I've stated that GSP is not a boring fighter, because I actually do find him a bit boring at times; the snore-fest match I attended in Toronto against Steve Shields is a case in point. However, one cannot help but admire his intelligence and skill level, so its easy to look past the occasional lulls in action during his contests.

    And as far as jumping on the Sirc-bashing bandwagon goes - it was you who invited me to this little party by trolling my posts.
    I avoid Sirc parties at all costs for the most part, because when veteran members play into these silly dramas you create from time to time, it only lends credibility to your little tirades and attention-whoring.
    And this one is just as undeserving of attention as all of your previous dramas.
    Are we clear, fuckwit ?
    Have a nice day.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.