228431 Bullies, 3752 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 151 to 160 of 267
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 1718192026 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    One thing to do, which I did, is go to the university and sit down with their Academic Counselor. Not for career advice, but degree progress advising. You find the areas you want to study and get them to show you which community college credits they will accept. I did it for free because they are bored in the middle of the semester.
    Hilariously, my counselor told me, "Oh, dude, don't bother getting your degree if you want to do networking." and then gave me a list of classes they offer for Cisco Certs and Microsoft Certs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    The advice I gave was niether. Back up your accusation or STFU Cris.


    Actually **** bird, I made a reccomendation from personal experience (some of it quite recent) and included the caveat so itwasntme would at least be aware of a potential pitfall. Which basically blows your "argument" apart.


    Yeah, he'd be having this same conversation with a college counselor who would tell him which credits are transferable and where. They would even counsel him (crazy, I know!) on the best strategy to meet his goals. Can you imagine that?!?!!?


    itwasntme's potential success and fulfillment is fucked up? Only to a hatefull **** bird like you Sirc.

    You know, it says a lot about your own reasoning abilities when you think others incapable of simple deduction, I.E. "This guy said I need to look into transfering credits (if I can), I should probably ask the admissions office about that."

    If this simple conclusion is beyond your comprehension you are nowhere near a normal persons level of thinking. It's proably good that you've found a niche messing up computers for a living. You'd fall appart having to keep up with real humans.
    Yes you did. You said it was a small caveat. It's the biggest fucking lynch pin ever in the whole school thing.
  2. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:47pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Hilariously, my counselor told me, "Oh, dude, don't bother getting your degree if you want to do networking." and then gave me a list of classes they offer for Cisco Certs and Microsoft Certs.
    At the JUCO or the University?
  3. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,588

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work with IT hiring managers, and one of the thing they look for is communication skills. There are people with great looking resumes who are skipped over because during their interview, their com skills were crappy (note: a lot of these are H1 visa candidates from India).
  4. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    We will disagree. Just stay on top of things.
    I don't get why you disagree with him. It's true. Colleges will move the goal posts suddenly without notice. Recently, my girlfriend was trying to get into a class that she could take now and would count towards her PhD instead of her Masters. Signed up for it, got all the books and then blammo, class got nuked for no real reason and moved to next semester. It's not that big of a deal, she had the extra time and thought she could get one class out of the way and was told she could do it, signed up for it, paid for it and then it disappeared.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:50pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    I don't get why you disagree with him. It's true. Colleges will move the goal posts suddenly without notice.
    No, they tell you.

    Recently, my girlfriend was trying to get into a class that she could take now and would count towards her PhD instead of her Masters. Signed up for it, got all the books and then blammo, class got nuked for no real reason and moved to next semester. It's not that big of a deal, she had the extra time and thought she could get one class out of the way and was told she could do it, signed up for it, paid for it and then it disappeared.
    Two different things.

    Class being cancelled, nuked removed, moved etc etc is in a different world than full on catalog changes. That's what I am and was refering to in my earlier post.

    That's why I disagree.
  6. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,318

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:56pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't most schools base your graduation requirements off of the Catalog when you enrolled so that even when things do change your requirements stay the same? or is this a CA thing?

    Not enroll declare a major.
    Last edited by goodlun; 11/06/2012 3:57pm at . Reason: Not enroll declare a major
  7. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 4:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No, they tell you.

    Two different things.

    Class being cancelled, nuked removed, moved etc etc is in a different world than full on catalog changes. That's what I am and was refering to in my earlier post.

    That's why I disagree.
    Oh Ok. Gotcha.

    The only time I've ever seen a graduating requirement change, the college made the change and informed students after the fact. Granted it was necessary, it just sucked for the people mid-way through having to take extra classes.
  8. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,048

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 4:05pm

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Don't most schools base your graduation requirements off of the Catalog when you enrolled so that even when things do change your requirements stay the same? or is this a CA thing?

    Not enroll declare a major.
    They base it off of total credits and certain requirements. So you could get a degree in something shitty like, Dance, which would only require like 8 classes, but you would still need to take like 40 units of classes to make the credit requirement.
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,013

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 4:08pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Don't most schools base your graduation requirements off of the Catalog when you enrolled so that even when things do change your requirements stay the same? or is this a CA thing?

    Not enroll declare a major.
    Yes, but if he is going to a JUCO their catalog does not matter to the university. If he goes to a university, which is more expensive, the year he starts is the catalog he'll keep barring dropping out.
  10. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    11/06/2012 4:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post

    The good old MBA can be a good thing to go out and get from one of them working adult schools like Phoenix or DeVry
    Okay, stop speaking now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.