Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 2:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real question is why are we not hitting Devil up for some of them 6 figure jobs?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I highly reccomend getting as many of your GE credits through an accredited community college as you can to save money.

You'll need to make sure you can transfer the credits but you can litteraly save thousands this way. It will also give you some time to feel out what subjects you enjoy or are strong in and put you in a better possition to choose a career path before you commit that big money to your Alma mater.
    Uh. OK. So serious time here:

That little caveat of "You have to make sure you can transfer the credits" is kind of a huge fucking caveat.

I don't know when the last time you were in school, but that has become harder than your dick at a toddler's birthday party. These days, if you don't want to spend hours and hours on the phone pleading and offering blow jobs to acceptance offices, you choose a community college that works in conjunction with a certain university that you eventually plan on going to. This is a lot harder than it sounds though because if you don't live near a college that works with the place you want to eventually go to then your chances of getting into that school are severely diminished. No longer are the days of getting a 2 year from city college and then applying everywhere.

Then there's the problem of, whoops, the university your city college works with didn't accept you and the other universities won't accept half your credits and your options are to wait until the next round of sign ups or taking more classes for another university all together.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    That little caveat of "You have to make sure you can transfer the credits" is kind of a huge fucking caveat.
    This is true, I was going to take a few classes in a different community college district when I moved to find out that even though both districts where part of the Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program, and accredited through the same people wouldn't transfer to each other with out a major hassle.

For those of you unaware of TAG its a program is here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfe...sion_Guarantee

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh. OK. So serious time here:

I don't know when the last time you were in school, but that has become harder than your dick at a toddler's birthday party. These days, if you don't want to spend hours and hours on the phone pleading and offering blow jobs to acceptance offices, you choose a community college that works in conjunction with a certain university that you eventually plan on going to. This is a lot harder than it sounds though because if you don't live near a college that works with the place you want to eventually go to then your chances of getting into that school are severely diminished. No longer are the days of getting a 2 year from city college and then applying everywhere.

Then there's the problem of, whoops, the university your city college works with didn't accept you and the other universities won't accept half your credits and your options are to wait until the next round of sign ups or taking more classes for another university all together.
    I just plus repped you and I hate myself for it.

But the fact is Sirc is giving real advice here.

itwasntme, pay attention to that post. It fills in a lot of important details.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    I just plus repped you and I hate myself for it.

But the fact is Sirc is giving real advice here.

itwasntme, pay attention to that post. It fills in a lot of important details.
    Don't give advice to people that's severely outdated or unsubstantiated. You made a notion that was based on an anecdote rather than what the current regulations and facts are. Imagine if he just took your word for it.

That's fucked up dude.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:19pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing to do, which I did, is go to the university and sit down with their Academic Counselor. Not for career advice, but degree progress advising. You find the areas you want to study and get them to show you which community college credits they will accept. I did it for free because they are bored in the middle of the semester.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    One thing to do, which I did, is go to the university and sit down with their Academic Counselor. Not for career advice, but degree progress advising. You find the areas you want to study and get them to show you which community college credits they will accept. I did it for free because they are bored in the middle of the semester.
    Even when this is done, expect the goal posts to be moved and requirements to suddenly change. If you want the degree, the colleges will make you work for it.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't give advice to people that's severely outdated or unsubstantiated.
    The advice I gave was niether. Back up your accusation or STFU Cris.

You made a notion that was based on an anecdote rather than what the current regulations and facts are.
    Actually **** bird, I made a reccomendation from personal experience (some of it quite recent) and included the caveat so itwasntme would at least be aware of a potential pitfall. Which basically blows your "argument" apart.

Imagine if he just took your word for it.
    Yeah, he'd be having this same conversation with a college counselor who would tell him which credits are transferable and where. They would even counsel him (crazy, I know!) on the best strategy to meet his goals. Can you imagine that?!?!!?

That's fucked up dude.
    itwasntme's potential success and fulfillment is fucked up? Only to a hatefull **** bird like you Sirc.

You know, it says a lot about your own reasoning abilities when you think others incapable of simple deduction, I.E. "This guy said I need to look into transfering credits (if I can), I should probably ask the admissions office about that."

If this simple conclusion is beyond your comprehension you are nowhere near a normal persons level of thinking. It's proably good that you've found a niche messing up computers for a living. You'd fall appart having to keep up with real humans.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:32pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    itwasntme, the transfer stuff is important even if you think all your going to do is the 2 year degree.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 3:38pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    Even when this is done, expect the goal posts to be moved and requirements to suddenly change. If you want the degree, the colleges will make you work for it.
    We will disagree. Just stay on top of things.