Posted On:
    11/06/2012 1:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Oh, do you have some black friends too?
    Very few actually they still been a pretty small minority in every community I have lived in.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Can we define middle management for this question?
    Exactly...this is why the arguments being made about who does what with their golden ticket er degree, were fudge. You can say 95% are employed with salaries averaging X, you can't say what each is doing specifically...and plenty of boring, PHB-type jobs pair with a League MBA just fine.

Please show me a Harvard MBA who works at say, Macy's (edit) in middle management.
    LinkedIn is full of Harvard MBAs you can look up...enlightening to say the least to see what they're up to: http://us.linkedin.com/company/harvard-business-school

You'll find all sorts of jobs they're doing across the board, from technical business analysts ("business intelligence engineers" now) to associate directors and vice presidents up through CEO (e.g. Terry Lundgren CEO of Macy's).

That 95% employed statistic means they have jobs....not necessarily good ones...even Harvard MBAs have to fight each other for those.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/06/2012 1:52pm at .

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 1:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    LinkedIn is full of Harvard MBAs you can look up...enlightening to say the least to see what they're up to: http://us.linkedin.com/company/harvard-business-school

You'll find all sorts of jobs they're doing across the board, from technical business analysts to associate directors and vice presidents up through CEO (e.g. Terry Lundgren CEO of Macy's).

That 95% employed statistic means they have jobs....not necessarily good ones...even Harvard MBAs have to fight each other for those.
    With a median base salary straight out of school, of $10k a month, it sounds like they pretty much all have "good jobs".

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I 100% get this reasoning for entry level. Although even then I still like to see that they at least have worked at Hot do on a stick during the summer or something. Since the work ethic and time management skills used for Academic success can be different than that of well work.

My real question comes to hiring above entry level. At this point are you still heavily focused on where the education came from or more focused on relevant job experience. I will assume all things being equal your still going to take the guy with the better pedigree, but how much does that pedigree compare against real world experience.
    I shouldn't have said entry level. I should've said lower level (in the grand scheme of the corporate structure). A lot of the people I hire have tons of experience. It's just really subjective. There really is no degree that prepares you for many of the jobs in the workplace. I want a ************ to impress me with his smarts. If I think he's smart, I think he can learn anything from painting walls to analyzing financial statements. But like I said, that's just me.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With a median base salary straight out of school, of $10k a month, it sounds like they pretty much all have "good jobs".
    They likely had good jobs going into school, too.

Remember "straight out of school" for a Harvard MBA (a 2 year program with significant prerequisites that include already have a 4 year degree in most cases) isn't the same as straight out of school for a college undergraduate, so to compare average salaries and employment rates between these two groups is wrong.

Many Harvard MBA candidates are corporately sponsored...meaning instead of Mommy and Daddy, it's a company footing all or part of the bill. Those people went INTO school at the senior management level, in many some cases.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 1:59pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My grandfather was a Harvard professor and a CIA lifer, so I was born into a place where many networks meet.
    You mean adopted into a place where many networks meet, right? There can't be any smart motherfuckers in your family tree. Your family tree is a telephone pole in the former Yugoslavia.

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 2:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You mean adopted into a place where many networks meet, right? There can't be any smart motherfuckers in your family tree. Your family tree is a telephone pole in the former Yugoslavia.
    Yes I am part Slavic. You must have gone to collage.

For the life of me I can't remember what this thread was about...computar hacking, carrots, or Harvard?

Going outside for fresh air...bunker still smells like gasoline.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/06/2012 2:04pm at .

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 2:04pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you saw the stupid motherfuckers that get paid six figures where I work (a company that employs 400,000 people worldwide) you'd abandon this argument. We'd fall all over ourselves to get Harvard MBAs instead of the fucksticks we interview. The idea that good jobs aren't available now is pure myth. The people who are going jobless are the people at the bottom of the totem pole. There is and always will be a place for the smarties.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 2:05pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Thank you for bringing this important data to my attention.
    This says it all in your tired little no consequence rant. You were wrong, as usual, and then think Global Standards apply to everyone. I did nitpick the details, that's why Devil doesn't want you siding with him. You weaken his argument with your ignorance.
    If you saw the stupid motherfuckers that get paid six figures where I work (a company that employs 400,000 people worldwide) you'd abandon this argument. We'd fall all over ourselves to get Harvard MBAs instead of the fucksticks we interview. The idea that good jobs aren't available now is pure myth. The people who are going jobless are the people at the bottom of the totem pole. There is and always will be a place for the smarties.
    You are better than this don't fall for ezerb's tired argument. MBA is not a BA which was what you initially addressed. The link I mentioned pointed out that a BA in Business is falling and is regarded as lower than some liberal arts degrees.
    You are better than this stop it.
    I shouldn't have said entry level. I should've said lower level (in the grand scheme of the corporate structure). A lot of the people I hire have tons of experience. It's just really subjective. There really is no degree that prepares you for many of the jobs in the workplace. I want a ************ to impress me with his smarts. If I think he's smart, I think he can learn anything from painting walls to analyzing financial statements. But like I said, that's just me.
    Ah the rational bigot.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/06/2012 2:09pm at .

Posted On:
    11/06/2012 2:14pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are better than this don't fall for ezerb's tired argument. MBA is not a BA which was what you initially addressed. The link I mentioned pointed out that a BA in Business is falling and is regarded as lower than some liberal arts degrees.
    You are better than this stop it.Ah the rational bigot.
    **** man, I'm arguing with five dumbasses online and ten dumbasses in real life while answering 100 emails, managing three projects and solving problems for a slew of idiots. I can't keep my **** water tight all the time. Cut a brother some slack.

Edit: As a matter of fact, help me out here. You ain't doin' ****. Handle these assholes for a few minutes. I need a break.

Tag. You're it.