Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:07pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    In his defense: look at this quote from him, he didnt lie about this part..hehe
    Who goes from Kickboxing to Wing Chun? And who says Wing Chun "Dojo"? Wrong culture. More troll evidence
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Wow.

It's a fair cop, the lad is full of ****.
    Nobody can be that perfectly horrible. It has all got to be part of his master troll plan.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Third, Pointy:

Do not take this the wrong way, but that was not representative for my striking skills. - More bullshit, you will say. Now, let's check the situation back then, with no ill will, and take note that I haven't watched the video since last year, so I am talking from memory only.
    I recall you wanted to box only; I was visibly tired, but agreed. When we begun, I chose a wide, KB-style guard. To let you in, because I didn't know what you were able to do. You hit me a few times, and I had trouble to adapt to a boxer's stance. Then you hit me on the nose, and Zendo told us to stop. Yeah, you outstruck me, but then, would the result have been the same if I had not complied to your game, and, say, just insisted on using kicks, too?
    There's no "result", we were lightly sparring. I don't think that including kicks would make you any more able to react properly to being hit.

Nor was I cunningly corralling you into 'my game' by suggesting we go hands only, I was trying to be nice because TS had already kicked you in the legs a lot and I didn't think you needed any more of it.
    I am not saying this because I would care about the event per se, but because people accuse me of lying; I didn't. I trained KB from 2002 till about 2007, pretty regularly; not a good style, and I noticed the shortcomings. Which lead me, ridiculous from today's perspective, but seemingly a good idea then, to cross-train with WC.
    You were sparring regularly and getting punched in the face in this "kick boxing"? Or were you point-fighting with minimal contact?

Now, this all doesn't excuse that my skills have dramatically regressed since probably 2008 or 2009. Something that is easily asserted now, but was not something I was aware at the time.
    When you're rusty you get slower to the punch, your timing gets off, you get less flow in your combinations. You don't start making newbie mistakes again.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 11/22/2012 12:13pm at .

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:11pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sambosteve wears a tin foil hat.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Sambosteve wears a tin foil hat.
    he got it from me after w. bush was re-elected.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have often wondered what it is, if simply some ASA (no offense) nuthugging, or delusion.
    I see what you did there troll

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Who goes from Kickboxing to Wing Chun? And who says Wing Chun "Dojo"? Wrong culture. More troll evidence
    Who says Wing Chun, actually?

Well, in a country where even your university's library has a couple of WC-books, where Keith Kernspecht is considered a serious luminary of the MA scene, and so on, and "Russian grappling" is just reminds your grandmothers of rape, it's not that outlandish a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    There's no "result", we were lightly sparring. I don't think that including kicks would make you any more able to react properly to being hit.
    Not wanting to talk myself away from this - you were better than me that day, fair and square. I'll be glad to show you I can do better, if the opportunity presents itself. - Not meaning anything, but as you might remember, too. I felt really embarassed after that bout.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J

Well, boohoo, here goes my e-reputation. And be careful that you fully exonerate Matt while you throw me under the bus, Steve.
    You dove in front of the bus troll. Come on, I know you are an evil genius. You played us beautifully.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a fucking white knight tattooed on my thigh, and in people's general opinion, I have about as much aggression in me as a carebear on free honey day.

Where is the evil genius. I am just fat.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 12:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who says Wing Chun, actually?
    You do Troll.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...973&highlight=