Posted On:
    11/22/2012 6:35am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Wow.

It's a fair cop, the lad is full of ****.
    Certainly looks that way.
    King without a crown

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 7:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus fucking Christ.

Can't you pick dates to hate on me when I am actually available?

Well, boohoo, here goes my e-reputation. And be careful that you fully exonerate Matt while you throw me under the bus, Steve.

Now, funny thing, all I wrote on the board is true. Perhaps exaggerated. Perhaps not very coherent, as it happens when you compile a few thousand posts, and especially when people are talking as what they consider "off the record".

Will I care to prove anything of it? NO.
    I have been open about virtually every aspect of my life on this board since I joined. I am not motivated at all to do more striptease. So, you guys decide for yourselves.

I don't know how much of my training logs remain - I had a few, much to JNP's chargrin, and I think he deleted some of them - but that should give you an idea of how things developed over the years.
    Now, can a person working with the enthusiasm of the unemployed, and entitled to damage me, make it look this way, or that way? Sure so. I am frankly surprised that my rather troubled personal life has not been used against me so far.

But really, guys, do your worst.

Now, just this, because part of the false narrative some people seemingly try to construct is to suggest that I am pissed with TS for the Fistmatch. I think I should clarify that. No, I am not. To put it neutrally, we had a disagreement outside of the TD THIS YEAR, and people know about this, because I commented on it in private in the aftermath of the event. It's probably nothing that won't be fixed with a good talk at some point. And that's about how much this concerns anybody except the people immediately involved with the TD.

Nonwithstanding, I am not trying to excuse my performance at EuroTD '11 with all this verbiage. I went there, behaved like an ass, got schooled. - So what? I didn't object to the videos being posted, outside of the concerns we talked there in person about Matt, and the videos have been there for a year. And, as the people who attended this year know, the events of 2011 didn't play a role in the TD dynamics of this year either. As I said, I'll gladly "redeem" myself by attending another event some time, UNLESS I get the impression that this degenerates into some sort of grudge match, or a lose-lose-situation. Because of, you know, e-cred.

Like, I give a flying donkey if people watch another video of mine, and, dunno, give me some green varrots, and then tearfully re-friend me... On Facebook. This is my sport, since forever. I have had better times, I had worse times. But I do this because I like to, not because --- internet.

Hell, there had even been talk about organizing the next EuroTD in my hometown in Germany, because other bullies live relatively nearby. Why exactly would I have offered to do that, according to this bullshit narrative?
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 11/22/2012 8:11am at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 8:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oooooooooooooooooh. Catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Dude, STFU he's not doing that. If he comes to Boston we'll go drinking and I'll try to get him laid.
    Well, does one thing necessarily exclude the other? I would be delighted to do some fisticuffs with you, Matt. And then we go and have a falaffel, to end this grudge. As it should have been done years ago.

Like, I am not saying this to gain any sympathy points, I am saying this because I think, ban might be imminent. What? I won't run off because "the crowd looks hostile", and I think a face-to-face talk might be useful to end this feud. Like, I don't hate you, man. It's just that you piss me off so much. - Yeah, take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Short intermezzo. Rafe, all this aside, I sincerely hope we will still meet this summer at the EuroTD and have a good time.
    You and I will have a talk - but once this shitfest is over, so things don't get mixed up. Also, if this really ends with me being ousted from Bullshido, or whatever, let it be known that I do not hold a grudge against you or whatever - so people at future TDs do not think "this is the bastard that killed Rafe", or whatever. It is all good, as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 11/22/2012 8:34am at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Perhaps exaggerated. Perhaps not very coherent, as it happens when you compile a few thousand posts, and especially when people are talking as what they consider "off the record".
    Dude, you posted it on the record yourself and specifically referred to your post in another thread. When I post on the site I do it with the intention of having it read.

I don't know how much of my training logs remain - I had a few, much to JNP's chargrin, and I think he deleted some of them - but that should give you an idea of how things developed over the years.
    Yes, you are focused on PT and travel too much to train martial arts we get that. Why would you delete a training log in the first place?

I am not trying to excuse my performance at EuroTD '11 with all this verbiage. I went there, behaved like an ass, got schooled. - So what? I didn't object to the videos being posted, outside of the concerns we talked there in person about Matt, and the videos have been there for a year.
    What do I have to do with it? Why are you addressing me in the videos? We had a conversation similar to this one, where more Eurobully suckage was discussed in another GS thread.

You guys need to "get" something: martial arts suckitude gets discussed on this site, and being "one of us" doesn't make you immune to it. Or me. If it did, every poser in the land would flock here and join the cool kids club. For all we know, this has already happened.

We were talking about this video (which BTW is not as bad as yours)

This is my sport, since forever. I have had better times, I had worse times. But I do this because I like to, not because --- internet.
    No. No you don't. You're too busy earning a living, which is fine. You don't participate in the sport; you don't compete, and neither do I. It's not your sport, it's someone else's sport that you find interesting. There's a difference.

I would be delighted to do some fisticuffs with you, Matt. And then we go and have a falaffel, to end this grudge. As it should have been done years ago.
    I PM'd you my phone number; hit me up as soon as you when you're going to be in town and we'll get together. Dude, there is no grudge except your own. Falaffel sounds fucking awesome.

I won't run off because "the crowd looks hostile"
    I never said the crowd hostile WTF? They looked like a bunch of normal people.

I don't hate you, man. It's just that... You piss me off so much.
    I don't hate you either, man. WTF does this have to do with me in the first place?

edit:

if this really ends with me being ousted from Bullshido...
    I didn't understand this when Zendokan said it, and I don't understand it now. You can not get "ousted" from Bullshido for having a sucky video; all you can get is better, or stay the same.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/22/2012 9:42am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 9:24am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don't delete threads Rafe. You should know that by now.

At the time, I gave you the option of merging your separate training logs, or putting one or more of them in YMAS. Your version in the quote above is disingenuous at best. You imply that the staff has a grudge against you. That is not the case.

Now, you can posture on this forum all you like, but the fact remains that you misrepresented yourself on this forum as a competent martial artist. I'm not trying to be mean when I say you are not.

Hell, I'm not a competent striker. Sirc would probably knock my block off if I was unable to take him down. See? That wasn't hard.

This site is all about being honest and putting yourself out there at throwdowns. In that
    sense, it was successful in revealing you as possessing less than stellar martial skills.

One last thing, in light of your representation of yourself as something you are not, you need to STFU about Matt. He has been considerably more honest about his skills than you have. It offends us that you have attacked someone who is relatively innocent when you are not.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 9:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, guys, seems the text editor just broke.

I'll answer today. It's all good.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 9:46am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus fucking Christ.

Can't you pick dates to hate on me when I am actually available?

Well, boohoo, here goes my e-reputation. And be careful that you fully exonerate Matt while you throw me under the bus, Steve.

Now, funny thing, all I wrote on the board is true. Perhaps exaggerated. Perhaps not very coherent, as it happens when you compile a few thousand posts, and especially when people are talking as what they consider "off the record".

I have been open about virtually every aspect of my life on this board since I joined. I am not motivated at all to do more striptease. So, you guys decide for yourselves.

Now, can a person working with the enthusiasm of the unemployed, and entitled to damage me, make it look this way, or that way? Sure so. I am frankly surprised that my rather troubled personal life has not been used against me so far.

But really, guys, do your worst.

Now, just this, because part of the false narrative some people seemingly try to construct is to suggest that I am pissed with TS for the Fistmatch. I think I should clarify that. No, I am not. To put it neutrally, we had a disagreement outside of the TD THIS YEAR, and people know about this, because I commented on it in private in the aftermath of the event. It's probably nothing that won't be fixed with a good talk at some point. And that's about how much this concerns anybody except the people immediately involved with the TD.

Nonwithstanding, I am not trying to excuse my performance at EuroTD '11 with all this verbiage. I went there, behaved like an ass, got schooled. - So what? I didn't object to the videos being posted, outside of the concerns we talked there in person about Matt, and the videos have been there for a year. And, as the people who attended this year know, the events of 2011 didn't play a role in the TD dynamics of this year either. As I said, I'll gladly "redeem" myself by attending another event some time, UNLESS I get the impression that this degenerates into some sort of grudge match, or a lose-lose-situation. Because of, you know, e-cred.

Like, I give a flying donkey if people watch another video of mine, and, dunno, give me some green varrots, and then tearfully re-friend me... On Facebook. This is my sport, since forever. I have had better times, I had worse times. But I do this because I like to, not because --- internet.

Hell, there had even been talk about organizing the next EuroTD in my hometown in Germany, because other bullies live relatively nearby. Why exactly would I have offered to do that, according to this bullshit narrative?
    You wanted a TD fist and that negates damn near everything in this post. You know, there is a person posting on this thread, that was beat up for the same thing. Unlike you, he got his priorities straight, stopped posting and has competed numerous times.

STFU with all your whining and get your **** straight.....and WHY THE **** do some of you EURO bitches always whine about MATT? He was never exonerated. There is an ENTIRE fucking thread dealing with his action during and AFTER his gong sau. As Sambo Steve used to say, "you got caught, deal with it."

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 11:03am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    ....and WHY THE **** do some of you EURO bitches always whine about MATT? He was never exonerated. There is an ENTIRE fucking thread dealing with his action during and AFTER his gong sau.
    I don't even think 'exonerated' is appropriate here. I didn't get 'caught' doing anything; I got 'caught' in an armbar. It's not as if I had posted about teaching armbar defense to anyone. Rafe's butthurt over the fact that afterwards I only hung around the gym for 30 minutes or so before going to drink and stare at boobies with White Kimbo. Not exactly the sort of thing one should be gnashing their teeth about 2 years later.

As Sambo Steve used to say, "you got caught, deal with it."
    He still says it.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 11:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It seems like on those threads you're claiming to have several years consistent training in MT and/or kickboxing. Which pretty clearly and without bias, you don't. The mistakes you made when you were sparring at the throw-down are newbie mistakes from people not used to getting hit, they're just not consistent with the skill level of anyone who should remotely begin to start to teach others or has any training history in full contact martial arts worth talking about.

tl;dr If I'm a better striker than you, you are not a good striker.
    STFU with all your whining and get your **** straight.....and WHY THE **** do some of you EURO bitches always whine about MATT?
    I don't really understand what drama I'm meant to have with Matt based on the fact that I'm from Europe? He's got slight sports fan disease regarding grappling and I suppose his "Gong sau" didn't really cover anyone in glory. Other than that, seems like an interesting guy, better guitar player than me, why do I hate him?

Posted On:
    11/22/2012 11:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See what you get for joining the EU? ;)

To be fair, you a) clearly train, and b) where never involved in either Eurobully **** storm on or off line. You're getting lumped in by geography alone. In general this seems to be more of a "continental" problem

Edit: Also, WTF I haven't played guitar in years. I play BASS ************.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/22/2012 11:12am at .