1. #691
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    We missed a wonderful Freaudian exploration into your deep dark wrecked past of abuse your father gave you, which has probably led you down some weird destructive path of S & M. Cultivated by a loviless marriage to an incredibly stupid person.
    That's actually a much better description of me LOL
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  2. #692
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I have read this claim, "I'm even better now." from more than one member lately. I have some perspective for those of you typing this, the people who were better than you before, and are still training, are better now too... "I'm better now." is completely redundant for those who still train.
    "I'm better now" is redundant if you're training, for sure. Unfortunately "I've gotten so sloppy; I was much better before." is heard more often than not. Inactivity will **** you up for sure, but only to a point. When I went to my first Boston TD I hadn't done ANYTHING in years... I still was able to throw Arbiter in SanDa sparring. It didn't make me afraid of him tooling on my face (which he did). I still managed to roll without reverting to day 1 noob-spaz, even though I knew VERY LITTLE ne waza to begin with. You can't unlearn your way back to noobishness, only sloppiness.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  3. #693

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,469
    6
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if it makes you feel better I am not better now. I have so many injuries since I dropped weight that I rarely spar or roll. My guys are getting better though. I am having my largest graduation group.

    My daughter is actually testing to be a black belt candidate. Coffefan actually ran the last promotion. And another bullshido member will be going for his second degree in about an hour.

  4. #694
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    Oh we're running a train, I've always wanted some asian twink and now I don't even have to wait until I'm in Thailand!
    OH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    YOU MADE A JOKE ABOUT LADY BOYS! NOBODY ON THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET HAS EVER DONE THAT.


    Oh man, can you send me the trademark papers for that. I want use it in my next script I'm going to send to Chuck Laurie, maybe he'll put it in the next episode of 2 and a half men. Emmy award winning writing there. It's like I'm watching Breaking Bad, but in real-time.

  5. #695

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    OH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    YOU MADE A JOKE ABOUT LADY BOYS! NOBODY ON THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET HAS EVER DONE THAT.


    Oh man, can you send me the trademark papers for that. I want use it in my next script I'm going to send to Chuck Laurie, maybe he'll put it in the next episode of 2 and a half men. Emmy award winning writing there. It's like I'm watching Breaking Bad, but in real-time.

    Name:  ladyboyspatongbeachphuket_1296273611983.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  20.3 KB

  6. #696
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Well if it makes you feel better I am not better now. I have so many injuries since I dropped weight that I rarely spar or roll. My guys are getting better though. I am having my largest graduation group.

    My daughter is actually testing to be a black belt candidate. Coffefan actually ran the last promotion. And another bullshido member will be going for his second degree in about an hour.
    Congrat's on your daughter's progress; I'm sure she's gonna be a monster.

    The over-forty-slowdown is even worse than the over-thirty-slowdown, and this is exactly my message to Rafe and any other Bully in their prime who is not finding time to reach their MA goals. Better do it now boys or you're gonna wake up one day and find that training wreaks havok on your aging body. I had 3 years from the day I started training, to the day I became a 24/7 single parent. I could have done so much more with that time. Instead I dicked around drinking and chasing girls in leather jackets. Stupid waste of time and health that will never return.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  7. #697

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROU
    Posts
    1,239
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Congrat's on your daughter's progress; I'm sure she's gonna be a monster.

    The over-forty-slowdown is even worse than the over-thirty-slowdown, and this is exactly my message to Rafe and any other Bully in their prime who is not finding time to reach their MA goals. Better do it now boys or you're gonna wake up one day and find that training wreaks havok on your aging body. I had 3 years from the day I started training, to the day I became a 24/7 single parent. I could have done so much more with that time. Instead I dicked around drinking and chasing girls in leather jackets. Stupid waste of time and health that will never return.
    Damn man that story hit me, I'm 19 I should get to train a lot more but fucking college and work is not allowing me. Still I will try to find the time

  8. #698
    sambosteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,918
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    (except Sambosteve will apologise)
    Since you brought it up ;)

    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

    "disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

  9. #699
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how Lebell still has that as his avatar 2 years later LOL
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

  10. #700
    NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT supporting member
    Matt Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    9,753
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Damn man that story hit me, I'm 19 I should get to train a lot more but fucking college and work is not allowing me. Still I will try to find the time
    Do it. When I was 19 Rorion hadn't even opened his 1st gym yet, there was essentially no Muaythai in this country at all, and UFC I (and any hope of MMA) was almost 10 years away. By the time the good stuff started to be offered I was in my late 20's; by the time the style associated with MMA competition evolved, I was in my early 30's, and even then there was not one MMA gym in my city (pop. 2.5 million) . DO IT NOW, NOT TOMORROW; You're young and you're living in a golden era.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/18/2012 8:24pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie


    KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

    In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO