Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/17/2012 11:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    What did I miss?
    Rurik is going to train so he can gong sau Edward in front of Bella.

Jacob was going to put his shirt back on but he pussied out at the last moment.

The rocker vampires from Lost Boys all high fived because some one had finally usurped their title as Douchiest Undead. Then they burned through a whole case of aquanet while Timmy Capello ripped out a bitchin saxophone solo. (I still believe.)

Also:

Blade > Twilight
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 11/17/2012 11:55pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/17/2012 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and sirc, you look significantly better than you did with dtt.
    You mean like... hotter? I LOVED him in this

Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 12:40am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, and sirc, you look significantly better than you did with dtt.
    I fought DTT a week after having to heal broken ribs for 2 months. I'd sure hope so. Also this video was taken almost a year ago. I'm EVEN BETTER NOW.

Because you know, training and such.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 1:59am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    I'm EVEN BETTER NOW.
    Anyone who trains continuously in an effective manner will improve over the long haul.

I have read this claim, "I'm even better now." from more than one member lately. I have some perspective for those of you typing this, the people who were better than you before, and are still training, are better now too.

I get reminded of this when I spar against my superiors. I suspect the rest of you do as well.

Therefore, the statement, "I'm better now." is completely redundant for those who still train.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 2:12am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man before this thread I pictured sirc as a fairly bulky white guy in his early 30s, learning he is a diminutive asian guy with a napoleon complex is a little disconcerting

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 6:37am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Anyone who trains continuously in an effective manner will improve over the long haul.

I have read this claim, "I'm even better now." from more than one member lately. I have some perspective for those of you typing this, the people who were better than you before, and are still training, are better now too.

I get reminded of this when I spar against my superiors. I suspect the rest of you do as well.

Therefore, the statement, "I'm better now." is completely redundant for those who still train.
    HAHA

Joke's on you. Eurobullies sucked in 2010 and somehow got worse in 2011. I only imagine that they didn't post anything from this year because it is even worse than 2011.

That was my point by the way. The joke was, THEY DON'T TRAIN. Also, most people hit their peak early on after getting an average handling of skill involved in a few tricks. To get past the intermediate phase, they have to meet their own personal skill level and surpass that through competition or some kind of heavy resistance. But this has to be constant and has to be reinforced in increments otherwise they just get stagnant. Athleticism plays a HUGE role in this too. As well as Natural talent.

So you're right... under the most perfect of circumstances. You're wrong under the general circumstance and seriously look at their ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    man before this thread I pictured sirc as a fairly bulky white guy in his early 30s, learning he is a diminutive asian guy with a napoleon complex is a little disconcerting
    Come on out to play in California and I'll let you get in line behind the Eurobullies.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 8:07am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Diminutive" is really a misnomer. Sirc is like 5'9" and 150. I don't know about today, but when I was growing up that was the literal definition of the median build for an adult male.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    The idea of personal stasis is so ingrained in the psyche of many people here that their thinking borders on the absurd. Many people think Sirc is 21 years old. And they've thought it for YEARS.

Get it?

Even Chris was guilty of this fallacy last year when he talked about how much taller than KK he is. Not WAS... is. Ben was 5'6" when they sparred; now he's 5'9". Teens grow.

For all the debating over the sparring between those two, the level of contact and skill is good. The aggression level is good too. Did either of them request a TD fist for that? No, and they've both commented that they considered it "light" even though it's as hard as the hardest sparring shown at EuroM2011.

And this is what I mean about people's ignorance, and not being able to see ability, or lack there of, in a vid: with his foot hurt, Ben uses "no-kick SanDa" which is not a real style, but IS a training/sparring exercise used by the Boston San Shou team. He can't stand at kickboxing range with Chris, so he traps his kicks and holds him in punching range and counters. That is not a simple thing to do. If you watch the clips of that round, you can see him do it several times. You can also see him slipping a headkick by moving his head back just an inch or two, instead of covering with his hands. I suppose a lot of people see only a miss, but anyone who knows what they are doing will see what Ben did there. It is an unfakeable indicator of time in the ring Same applies to Chris whose timing is VASTLY improved over the DTT GS. Timing, aggression, technique all much better. Both those guys train hard and have skill.

But that doesn't match the narrative on Sirc: He's a crappy 22 year old, and he's been one for years.

LOL just because you are standing still, doesn't mean he is.

Bullshido needs to morph into a place where the derivative of your skill level is at least as important as the skill itself
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/18/2012 8:16am at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 8:40am

Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sleepless View Post
    Come on out to play in California and I'll let you get in line behind the Eurobullies.
    Oh we're running a train, I've always wanted some asian twink and now I don't even have to wait until I'm in Thailand!

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    I've always wanted some asian twink
    I had to Google that one; made me spew Dasani all over my screen. That's just wrong.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/18/2012 10:28am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry guys. What did I miss? I've been traveling across the country to do a judo/jujitsu weekend long seminar.

You know, Actually training.....
    We missed a wonderful Freaudian exploration into your deep dark wrecked past of abuse your father gave you, which has probably led you down some weird destructive path of S & M. Cultivated by a loviless marriage to an incredibly stupid person that resembles a female. Let me guess you must do Dan Zan Ryu.