Page 57 of 305 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657 5859606167107157 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:18am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    How do you say venereal desiese in Hebrew?

Burning bush.

Also, free Dan Bowen
    Machalot meen
    p.s is Dan that red haired weirdo that posted on youtube his slap fights?

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omg u fascist!!11

im staying with arabs who have israeli citizenship so there.
    and I dont look like a spook, i look like a fine aryan human, except with semitic facial features, darkish hair and a giant nose.
    other than that im hunky dori.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:34am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Okay, I finally caught up.
    I feel regret asking for the footage now.

I would like to make several remarks:

-Sirc coming to Europe would be awesome, he better drop by in Lolland so I can take him to Amsterdam.
    As long as I wont get too drunk I wont mistake him for a female, so it I can sorta guarantee his safety.

- On a more serious note about the Euro TD:
    I've only attended once ( unfortunately) and I loved it, met nice people, got to see Leuven, rolled with a BJJ brown belt and with Jack Rusher, also did some standup stuff.
    That was when I was already coping with major backissues, I knew in advance I couldnt do too much intense stuff, but went there anyway for the social aspect: kinda nice to meet the people behind the screennames.
    Hell, member Mackan came all the way from Sweden!
    It was then, when the ''bitching'' started, me and Zen doing extremely light stuff, I wouldnt even want to call it sparring, got filmed and Matt had some stuff to say about it.
    Either me or Zen explained the context of the video but the criticism kept coming, at that point I decided it was just lockerroom mentality and shrugged it off.

But I think ever since that happening, some of the Eurobullies became increasingly aware of the idea that the TDfootage became some sorta stage, example: Rafe adressing certain Ashley (wtf is that anyway?) and Matt, I strongly recommend the following things, take it for what its worth:

- get it clear for yourself as to WHY you want to attend a TD, for training with different people? social aspect/curiosity? or for internet fame?

- once you show up at a TD: maybe just focus on what it is you're doing, not so much on members of an onlinecommunity, the majority thousands of miles away.
    who the **** cares, just have fun.

- I read the little outburst of Rafe against TS, I have no idea what happened between you two guys and it isnt any of my business, but I can tell that there's some hurt ego's involved, cut that **** out. please.

On a more happier note, uncle Lebell is on his way climbing back and will soon commence boxing after months of cripple excercises, right now kicking is not possible yet (it worsens the condition) but in time I hope to meet up with all of you at a TD, God willing.
    And you better be fucking nice.
    For the record, this is what we were discussing way back then:

I think everyone can see clearly that despite your medical problems, your skills there, and that despite the fact that it was really light and just messing around, Rene was not at the level that he had implied in posts and with his bio back then. Rene is a GREAT guy, why shouldn't he hear that? Do you want him to grow or stand still? I'm sure he's much better now. I am sure you do not want a future where people say "oh, it's OK that's just a Eurobully" instead of making a comment.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 8:41am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post

I think everyone can see clearly that despite your medical problems, your skills there, and that despite the fact that it was really light and just messing around,
    Actually I got plenty of remarks more privately, and rightfully so, I was simply already on my way down.
    And thats fine.
    I know where I've been, the people I've trained with etc.
    BTW: how the hell can you find those goddamn videos so fast?!
    Your searchfunction seems to work better than mine.

Rene was not at the level that he had implied in posts and with his bio back then. Rene is a GREAT guy, why shouldn't he hear that? Do you want him to grow or stand still? I'm sure he's much better now. I am sure you do not want a future where people say "oh, it's OK that's just a Eurobully" instead of making a comment.
    Lots of Europeans dont care what outsiders think of them.
    Thats the whole hilarious thing about American stereotypes about Europe.
    We dont get angry cos we see who is making those remarks, and as long as you vote people like Bush in the white house and air Jerry Springer and Honey boo boo we wont take you too seriously.

About that whole remark thingy about that particular footage: I would agree with you IF it had went in the rational civilised manner you just described, however it did not.
    Sometimes it also helps to bring the message in sucha way people are open to listen for it, instead of closing off because they feel like they suddenly are under attack.

just my 2 cents though.

p.s. one more thing about euro bullies: personally I really dont give a **** about what bully is from the usa, and which one is from europe or asia, they are all fine with me, and we shouldnt go down that path.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 9:00am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    51 pages and the guy that was called out has no issue with being called out, he does have a legitimate timing issue but sounds like he is going to step up to the plate. Sirc doesn't seem to have an issue with this.

So no the 51 pages are people bitching about a gong sau happening between two people who want to do it?

For **** sakes people are we just a bunch of key board warriors are do we get tougher and spar hard? Not that I am one to talk I am a strictly a grappling hobbyist at best. If I had any video to show you would see just how shitty of a hobbyist I am but you know what I get on the mat as much as I can under my current set of circumstances and as I iron out the little issues I will be very happy to get back to rolling a lot more.

Kudos to you guys who do show up to Throw Downs and keep this site honest. Kudos to you that train hard as often as you can. Kudos to those of you who keep working to get better even if you do suck. Kudos to you who pressure test your arts against a lot of people. Kudos to those of you who live up to what this site is about.
    Man thumbs up you really summed it up great, Kudos to yoSHUT THE **** UP!!!

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 9:15am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    1. hpr knows what he's doing on the floor. He's no world beater or anything, but he's competent in my purple-belt-if-that-means-anything opinion.

2. PDA handled me and hpr much as one might handle a recalcitrant infant and would, I'd bet considerable money, do the same to Sirc.
    Thanks. That's a lot of praise from a guy who off-camera tooled me faster than sub per minute pace for a long ass time :)

My recollections are a bit hazy but I think I was doing OK with PDA as long as I was on top. One silly armbar attempt and I was doomed. DOOMED.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I was going to post ascii penises for you but fucking bullshido won't keep my formatting right.
    Trying using [code] tags. YMMV.

I remember the time Rafe gong sau'd me from across the planet, and I chose thumb wrestling ruleset.

My thumbs are primed and ready, beeeeyatch.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/16/2012 9:55am at . Reason: Oh and Sorry for the varrots but bitching is bitching is bitching.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 10:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lebell as the voice of reason. Now I've seen it all.

I'm saying this only because I'm mad that I've missed you at the TDs.

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 10:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    Lebell as the voice of reason. Now I've seen it all.

I'm saying this only because I'm mad that I've missed you at the TDs.
    Same here, either you or TS wanted to do some standup work witrh me right?
    I woulda loved meeting you guys and also to see Rene again, and hit the town in Leuven!
    Its annoying I havent been able to attend.
    :-(

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/16/2012 10:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Same here, either you or TS wanted to do some standup work witrh me right?
    I woulda loved meeting you guys and also to see Rene again, and hit the town in Leuven!
    Its annoying I havent been able to attend.
    :-(
    Can't remember if it was me. I'm always up for some cuddling, though.