11/16/2012 3:47am, #551
Also, my point still stands, I can and will at some point, come to EU and molest all of you Eurobullies and show you why Superman landed in America and not Europe.
11/16/2012 4:39am, #552
Where do you draw the line anyway? How good you have to be until it's no longer regarded a disservice? I can probably grapplefuck most people with no grappling experience without too much effort, but get tooled by anyone with decent blue belt level skills. Playing the percentages game I'm pretty far ahead of the pack even if I am a lame duck compared to any decent grappler. In general knowledge most people at least in western countries still believe the kung fu myths of fighting when they think about martial arts at all. Even those here who can't walk the walk for whatever reason know about aliveness and have at least tried to train with the methodology.
I hope you do come. The more the merrier. It's sad how few participants we get in :(. I'm a wuss and don't like to be punched in the face, but I'll gladly grapple with you. Next year I should have at least a few months of regular training again under my belt as next spring I'm moving close to my old BJJ gym.
Yes you do. You care so much, because you're part of the Sirc hate wagon. That's why any of you care about what I say.
I actually did an experiment once using my absence and non-absence in a very controlled time cycle referenced by Alexa and actual post count. The result?
Booyah.Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
11/16/2012 5:38am, #553
Okay, I finally caught up.
I feel regret asking for the footage now.
I would like to make several remarks:
-Sirc coming to Europe would be awesome, he better drop by in Lolland so I can take him to Amsterdam.
As long as I wont get too drunk I wont mistake him for a female, so it I can sorta guarantee his safety.
- On a more serious note about the Euro TD:
I've only attended once ( unfortunately) and I loved it, met nice people, got to see Leuven, rolled with a BJJ brown belt and with Jack Rusher, also did some standup stuff.
That was when I was already coping with major backissues, I knew in advance I couldnt do too much intense stuff, but went there anyway for the social aspect: kinda nice to meet the people behind the screennames.
Hell, member Mackan came all the way from Sweden!
It was then, when the ''bitching'' started, me and Zen doing extremely light stuff, I wouldnt even want to call it sparring, got filmed and Matt had some stuff to say about it.
Either me or Zen explained the context of the video but the criticism kept coming, at that point I decided it was just lockerroom mentality and shrugged it off.
But I think ever since that happening, some of the Eurobullies became increasingly aware of the idea that the TDfootage became some sorta stage, example: Rafe adressing certain Ashley (wtf is that anyway?) and Matt, I strongly recommend the following things, take it for what its worth:
- get it clear for yourself as to WHY you want to attend a TD, for training with different people? social aspect/curiosity? or for internet fame?
- once you show up at a TD: maybe just focus on what it is you're doing, not so much on members of an onlinecommunity, the majority thousands of miles away.
who the **** cares, just have fun.
- I read the little outburst of Rafe against TS, I have no idea what happened between you two guys and it isnt any of my business, but I can tell that there's some hurt ego's involved, cut that **** out. please.
On a more happier note, uncle Lebell is on his way climbing back and will soon commence boxing after months of cripple excercises, right now kicking is not possible yet (it worsens the condition) but in time I hope to meet up with all of you at a TD, God willing.
And you better be fucking nice.
11/16/2012 6:30am, #554
1. hpr knows what he's doing on the floor. He's no world beater or anything, but he's competent in my purple-belt-if-that-means-anything opinion.
2. PDA handled me and hpr much as one might handle a recalcitrant infant and would, I'd bet considerable money, do the same to Sirc.
3. I'm a horrible striker and I haven't actually got much better at it since then because I've been training mostly BJJ and wrestling. Sorry about that.
4. I think Rafe is allowed to post here even though he's not very good and I can't recall him particularly mouthing off like he's an expert on striking. Unless someone can show me differently?
5. Sirc does generate quality internet drama, it can't be denied. My acceptance of his challenge remains both open and, apparently, unnoticed?
Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 11/16/2012 6:43am at .
11/16/2012 6:41am, #555
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Wesht Cark
This **** is infectious
11/16/2012 7:01am, #556
11/16/2012 7:20am, #557
11/16/2012 7:33am, #558
Just enough to make you look awesome, I can also cry on command so we have a lot to work with here.
Also, I don't have any particular urge to fight strangers from the internet, Sirc just successfully got my back up. No doubt this counts as winning, somehow? I don't really understand the scoring system.
He reminds me of a particular friend i have who is fabulously gay, he also always starts **** when we are out, just addicted to the drama.
I guess conflict makes certain type of people feel relevant.
It sure as hell isnt my hobby.
11/16/2012 7:38am, #559
Oh God, I just remember one story about this dude, we are out with a group of friends (protip: always have a couple of gayfriends, cos they usually hang out with total babes!)and I head off to the urinoirs to make peepee.
Im there following nature, and suddenly I sorta see this head right over my shoulder: its my friend, really drunk and he says real gayish (that sorta girly speak) 'oh yeah thats a good cock, I'd totally suck it!
That was a bit much even for me and I went into full homophobe mode and shoved him the **** away...he was pretty scrawney so he lost balance and fel really hard against a awall and got a cut on his eyebrow somehow, bleeding and ****.
When I bumped into him the next time after that he told me he got so drunk he must have fel and had a nasty cut, I decided that version was the best reality for us to deal with.
11/16/2012 8:09am, #560
- Join Date
- May 2011