Maybe if we were all more like SirC the world would be a better place

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    See? There we go. Member posts video. Member gets harrassed. What exactly would be my, or anybody's motivation to attend any TD, ever again?
    You know, if you have any martial arts videos on Youtube, you'll get some harassment by someone. Hell, I've received like 20 comments on a soo bahk do vs taekwondo sparring match I filmed at a tournament, with everyone telling me that's not REAL soo bahk do. Maybe I just laugh it off because its not me and I don't do that style.

Anyway, the reason is personal growth, or to play in a combat lab, or to meet and train with other martial artists. Going for e-rep or little tags is just asking for some ridicule.

Like, I am not upset, but just put this in perspective: I am not some idiot on foodstamps with no life; that journey to the TD, plus the expenses probably cost me more than some of you make per month. What would be my, or anybody's, motivation, to spend that kind of money again on something related with Bullshido, exactly, if the likely result is this kind of treatment?
    -you do seem upset.

-well, your motivation shouldn't be a little fist picture, or attaboys from random dudes on the Internet. It should be the experience of being there, not the experience of talking about it afterwards.

-you can wear pink Hello Kitty shorts and pink gloves while avoiding ridicule ONLY IF you are very good at fighting. Omega/Gene Lebell's pink gi, for example.

Now, as I said, I stepped up against a heavier opponent, I stepped up sick; to be a good sport, essentially.
    To be honest, I might lay into you in sparring if I realized you had the flu while sparring me.

The same I stepped up this year, for other reasons. But, yeah, whatever. While I am on it, tell me why I am paying, what, 20 bucks per months to support the site, when everything I really invest here ends up biting me in the ass?
    You know what? Most throwdown videos aren't great. Hell, I could find one of me getting tooled, and my first throwdown experience involved sitting down from kempo kicks to the liver. Understand that a poor showing may lead to some ridicule, in case you didn't realize how this site works.

being a sponsor or a supporting member here is more like being a donor for a charity (without the tax incentives). Sure, you invest your money in it, but are you really expecting a return on your investment? In what way? Its not like you're paying for a timeshare on Kung Fu Island where you'll get your money back after a few decades.
    Last edited by Permalost; 11/15/2012 7:21pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See? There we go. Member posts video. Member gets harrassed. What exactly would be my, or anybody's motivation to attend any TD, ever again? Like, I am not upset, but just put this in perspective: I am not some idiot on foodstamps with no life; that journey to the TD, plus the expenses probably cost me more than some of you make per month.
    so what? once you are over the age of 16, bitching about how much it costs to do something you chose to do is no longer relevant. maybe you should have said "sorry guys, sick, cant come" as soon as you make the decision to do it, you lose the right to make shitty excuses afterwards. thems the breaks.

What would be my, or anybody's, motivation, to spend that kind of money again on something related with Bullshido, exactly, if the likely result is this kind of treatment?
    would you like some cheese with that whine?

Now, as I said, I stepped up against a heavier opponent, I stepped up sick; to be a good sport, essentially. The same I stepped up this year, for other reasons. But, yeah, whatever. While I am on it, tell me why I am paying, what, 20 bucks per months to support the site, when everything I really invest here ends up biting me in the ass?
    yeah youre fucking right man, i donate every year to the local child cancer clinic and what have they ever given me? fuckin freeloaders eh.

Now, you will think, by Hextor, another one of Rafe's rants. No, actually, I am cool. It's not that I couldn't guess that this was coming. I am just saying, as a principle. Motivate anybody to stay, **** like that does not.
    my mum tells me im cool too. (just kidding, she tells me im a fucking dork. but YOUR mum tells me im cool rafe)

Why, exactly? Last time I checked, this was a friendly get-together, with nothing to win, and nothing to lose. Right?

But, yeah, let me put this a different way round:

Now, here comes a real rant. You know, not that, I am watching "Saber Rider" in the other window. Not that, I am half way through a text, and between pouring more coffee, and urinating, I post a brainfart.

One moment of actually well-thought, carefully measured, and very pure anger.

GO **** YOURSELF, TS.
    I treated you as a friend, and you give me attitude?!

How about this, then: As long as you attend any BS events, I won't go, and if I ever come to organize a Throwdown on my own account, you are the **** banned from attending. I was fed up with your behavior at the TD, and I am now. Be weird on somebody else's time, psycho.

And in case you didn't get the message:

GO **** YOURSELF.
    what a baby. look mate, you suck. that video is a fucking embarassment. you talk **** but you are yet another POS keyboard warrior with zero skill. you are what i detest about this site. for all sircs bullshit he has some skill. that video of you and the other q tip flailing at each other made me feel bad about being associated with this site, because by connection i am associated with you and your horrible, horrible skill, or lack thereof. you have been on this site for 5 years, so i assume you have been doing SOME kind of training for that amount of time.

personally, i wouldnt have put such a shameful video up. or i would have quit posting as soon as i saw it and go either train properly or do something else with my life. bullshido is a forum about martial arts and fighting, yet you know nothing and cant fight. why are you here again?

jesus im in a bad mood this morning.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 7:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Like I said, I've gotten MUCH better. You're all invited. Bring money.
    you should quit posting as well bro you were almost as fucking awful. we should section off europe from the rest of bullshido afaic cos you guys consistently show yourselves to suck enormous ass.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF? Power trip much? How the **** do you ban someone from a TD? Before someone says something, JFSUSA was never banned from attending, he caused everyone to start backing out of the MEGA. At that point it was cancelled.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:23pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Isn't that what a TD fist match is supposed to be? Or are you imagining the whole deal with cornermen, etc? Like a smoker against one of your own gym mates...
    Like a smoker. Know who you are fighting a few months in advance. Get some serious fight prep in. Bump the training up go in hard and get a real experience out of it.

You can still both go in and be ****. But fun **** so it dosen't really matter.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not bothering to quote all this ****, but I have seriously a FUCKTON of videos online. Grappling comps, random training videos, random technique references videos, all kinds of ****. I have pretty much zero hate on any of them. I dunno WTF you guys are doing that encourages people to want to e-rape you.

Now, that being said, the reason to put videos online is so other people can look at them. The reason you want other people to look at them is generally so you can get an opinion from those people. So if someone looked at my videos and said 'YOU LOOK LIKE ****! BURN YOUR PURPLE BELT AND SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE DICK YOU SHITFUCKER!' then I would say mission a-fucking-complished. I got someone elses opinion. It's not a particularly helpful opinion, but I'm fine with that.

If you're NOT fine with that then you're right, you shouldn't be putting videos up online.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:29pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Because you're a strong enough person to withstand mere verbal criticism, whether it's deserved or not?
    Absolutely. I am still here two years after the video's release, ain't I? I am saying, very much in general, people should STFU about other people's TD footage, or they are going to run out of footage.

Like, had it been done to me what was done to Zendo, I would have gone all Cape Fear on people's butts.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    That was a seriously childish display Rafe.
    There's a wider context to it that will stay with the people involved, as far as I am concerned. Suffice to say, I would prefer not to deal with TS any more. No drama, just the things as they are.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 11/15/2012 8:33pm at .

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You hate me because I made your dad my bitch or because your mom is one? Does you man/wife know your being a bad boy? Do you need a spanking? If you answer any of these questions it would be tmi. So just go back to masturbating over you"Twilight " movie and leave the smack talk too the pros.
    how did you know i was into twilight?

and the answer to your question is, i don't like you because you're a fuckhead and a bully.
    go ahead and insult my dad all you want. the two of you are two crusties on the same scrotum.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am saying, very much in general, people should STFU about other people's TD footage, or they are going to run out of footage.

Ever see AMERICAN IDOL or any similar talent show on TV? People often think that they're better than they are, and are thus eager to show off how awful they are to the world. We'll never run out of videos. NEVER RUN OUT OF VIDEOS.

Anyway, you're still 'wearing' your TD fist, so clearly you receive some pleasure from your participation.