Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 10:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I see your original point though. The footage with Kintanon totally made the last 5 pages of our GS thread completely UNACCEPTABLE to me. I'm surprised anyone even wants to do a GS when people can be so hurtful in their comments :\

If we want people to keep getting in the ring for no good reason over forum bullshit, we're gonna have to reign that **** in.
    I was thinking about this and you would need a fundimental change in the reason why you do the gong sau in the first place. So instead of waiting to be offended by some random poster. Find somone of like intrest who would relish the challenge of a fight.

Pretty much the same reason you do the throwdown in the first place.

So who is in your area of about the same weight and ability next throwdown gong sau. both train up both fight have the big show on the day.

but it is allways started with butt hurt so it will end with butt hurt.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 10:41am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't that what a TD fist match is supposed to be? Or are you imagining the whole deal with cornermen, etc? Like a smoker against one of your own gym mates...
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:01am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He certainly didn't get it from me. Ben has that "Silverback" thing that Arce likes to refer to. If he see's you as Alpha, he's going to get in your face. in that room, on that day, you were Alpha. Not my style AT ALL. Chris def has a bit of this as well.

I understand your feelings towards him, and I appreciate it. A lot of people can be extremely put off by his attitude. On the bright side, he's gotten much more even as he's grown. He has his own students now, and a better understanding of what it means to give and receive respect. At the end of the day, I think he steps in hard on people he wants respect from. But he's started to learn that (MA) respect can be exchanged without having to fight. It's good.
    Aren't you the old guy that lost really quick to a grappler on a gs? if so who do you think he gets it from? obviously your lack of confidence and feeling of inadequacy cause of bullies led you to a late start in MA, you didn't want your boy to grow up soft as his old man so you encouraged exactly that all his life. You don't have to be a psychologist to see it, it is quit common. I just hope you also encourage him to be smart, because from the little i saw he isn't going to make money out of fighting.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can we unban dan bowen and give him an ammy fighter tag so he can chime in on this bullshit?

i mean, it's only fair, seeing as how what he got banned for was directed mostly at me, and he and i are actually friends now, so.... yeah.

FREE DAN BOWEN!!!!!
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:14am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    can we unban dan bowen and give him an ammy fighter tag so he can chime in on this bullshit?

i mean, it's only fair, seeing as how what he got banned for was directed mostly at me, and he and i are actually friends now, so.... yeah.

FREE DAN BOWEN!!!!!
    I will sign your pettition young man

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Aren't you the old guy that lost really quick to a grappler on a gs? if so who do you think he gets it from? obviously your lack of confidence and feeling of inadequacy cause of bullies led you to a late start in MA, you didn't want your boy to grow up soft as his old man so you encouraged exactly that all his life. You don't have to be a psychologist to see it, it is quit common. I just hope you also encourage him to be smart, because from the little i saw he isn't going to make money out of fighting.
    Not exactly. I was always interested in martial arts, but saw a lot of kids doing Kempo, Goju, etc getting tooled on the school yard by untrained toughs. I WANTED it to be real, but I didn't trust it. When UFC I jumped off I felt like I had an idea what the good stuff was and got started. A huge part of the narrative on the Gracies was that they were so GOOD because they started so young. Ben was exposed to the good stuff from a very early age. Of course I encourage him to be "smart", I'm fucking JEWISH.

**** yes I will live vicariously through my son; I was 27 years old when I got started. My **** was already starting to slow down a little. If my parents had encouraged me to have legit striking and grappling skills developed before I learned to drive, that would have been awesome. Wouldn't you want the same?

I literally begged my hippy parents to let me start boxing when I was 10, but was told that was for the Goyim. That **** did not get passed down a generation. When Ben was 8 he asked if he could box, and I took him down to Sityodtong. He's been training ever since.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 11/15/2012 11:23am at .

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:26am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so last night, i was hanging out with my friend matisyahu. you know, the regge superstar.

anyways, his two kids had just gotten nunchucks at the oriental boutique that day and were running around in the parking lot nunchucking to their hearts content. it was awesome.

so, my point is, it is fake should change his screen name to "the brown recluse".
    --------

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:27am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I literally begged my hippy parents to let me start boxing when I was 10, but was told that was for the Goyim. That **** did not get passed down a generation.
    Did they actually (literally) say that?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:32am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Did they actually (literally) say that?
    No, but boxing is traditionally a sign of low social status in the Jewish community. Something from our tenement-dwelling past that we've "evolved beyond". Their actual words had something to do with Martin Luther King and the age of Aquarius.

Posted On:
    11/15/2012 11:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i've had members of my shul tell me to "not play goyish games" referring to martial arts.

FREE DAN BOWEN!!!!!
    --------