225000 Bullies, 3810 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2987
Page 274 of 299 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 3:30am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i find that a lot of throws in CMA focus on throwing uke face down, and throwing uke so that they are in a twisted position when they hit the ground (causing further injury.)

throwing uke onto their back in judo stems from trying to protect uke. that isn't much of a concern in CMA circles for some reason (there are lots more people where uke came from, maybe? )
    Never thought about it like that.
    We always took it pretty easy on eachother, esp after a dude broke his collarbone once.

I have no idea how rules are now but when I played Sanda there was a rule specially for this: while throwing no knees were allowed to touch the round or it be disqualified throw. (to keep the worst throws off bay)

We then proceeded to learn how to execute a horsesweep (typical cma move, right?) that would be lead in with an overhand, the over hand would plunge in there and steer the body over your leg.
    I hated that throw wbecause its really easy to lose balance yourself and your angle has to be perfect for it to work.
    I've seen numeral occasions where the victimer outta reflex with hug the guys middle and both would fall.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 3:36am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'd be shocked if shuai jiao didn't have a non-fuckshitup way of throwing someone with their welfare in mind, at least from the shuai jiao I've watched in person.
    Ofcourse they do.
    In 2006/7ish I had the luck to be able to train with a former shuai joa champion, fresh from China.
    Funny fellow, notr a word of english and thick glasses, looked like he came right outta a movie.
    Thing was, there were also judokas there, several black belts and like me they werent so impressed (I knew several of them of when I trained with them so we spoke frankly) and he spent half an hour explaining how SJ was NOT judo and how japanese arts originated from China etc.

Training itself included even a drill that suspiciously looked like a form.
    One even involved a cross or X step (where you drive your weight in one leg, with second knee in the pit of your first knee), I found it very odd.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    NOTE: this is after shuai jiao/jiao di combatants stopped wearing horned metal helmets and goring had been disallowed in the rule set.

Why is there a spear coming out of the bearded man's ass?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 12:08pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    This thread needs less perverted losers.
    FEWER perverted losers. Damn, don't they teach you flappy headed fucks grammar?
    Last edited by RWaggs; 12/20/2012 12:11pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 12:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Never thought about it like that.
    We always took it pretty easy on eachother, esp after a dude broke his collarbone once.

I have no idea how rules are now but when I played Sanda there was a rule specially for this: while throwing no knees were allowed to touch the round or it be disqualified throw. (to keep the worst throws off bay)

We then proceeded to learn how to execute a horsesweep (typical cma move, right?) that would be lead in with an overhand, the over hand would plunge in there and steer the body over your leg.
    I hated that throw wbecause its really easy to lose balance yourself and your angle has to be perfect for it to work.
    I've seen numeral occasions where the victimer outta reflex with hug the guys middle and both would fall.
    This is still the rule in official ammy San Shou. Ring SanDa can be all over the place with rules, although China may have set "Official" rules for it. San Shou rules are set by the world govorning body for international Wushu.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 12:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ofcourse they do.
    In 2006/7ish I had the luck to be able to train with a former shuai joa champion, fresh from China.
    Funny fellow, notr a word of english and thick glasses, looked like he came right outta a movie.
    Thing was, there were also judokas there, several black belts and like me they werent so impressed (I knew several of them of when I trained with them so we spoke frankly) and he spent half an hour explaining how SJ was NOT judo and how japanese arts originated from China etc.

Training itself included even a drill that suspiciously looked like a form.
    One even involved a cross or X step (where you drive your weight in one leg, with second knee in the pit of your first knee), I found it very odd.
    There is actually an official for for San Shou that has to be mastered before Chinese players are allowed to spar(!)

I think it's funny that the first American to win the gold medal for Shuai Jiao in China was the very first person mocked in the comedy section of McDojo.com. Even the "No BS Martial Arts" slogan is a parody of a chapter title in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Furey
    During Christmas of 1997, Dr. Weng brought two U.S. teams to Beijing, China, to compete in the world championships. In Beijing, Furey won the gold medal at 90 KG (198-pounds), and was the only non-Chinese to win a title. In addition, Furey's world title was historic because it marked the first time that an American had won a gold medal in any world kung fu competition held in China.
    Not sure if the claim in red is correct. IIRC Boston San Shou team founder Jasn Yee won Taolu gold in 1990 or 1991. Maybe it was silver.

This is from the old "Most Wanted" section of the site, for sketchy people, frauds and schmucks.

Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/20/2012 1:03pm at .

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 1:44pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never got a proper or positive impression of SJ, one chinese dude who was a gm of some sorts showed me some videos once, nice and hard workouts, lifting logs and ****, but because I was used to play judo and got to train with more advanced judokas, I had first hand experience of what judo can be and wasnt convinced SJ had anything to add.
    I do not know a lot about SJ but the way it looks to me it seems its reversed engineering from judo.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, SJ is just applied taiji. <--statement annoys both my teachers.

Posted On:
    12/20/2012 2:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Tim Cartmell.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never got a proper or positive impression of SJ, one chinese dude who was a gm of some sorts showed me some videos once, nice and hard workouts, lifting logs and ****, but because I was used to play judo and got to train with more advanced judokas, I had first hand experience of what judo can be and wasnt convinced SJ had anything to add.
    I do not know a lot about SJ but the way it looks to me it seems its reversed engineering from judo.
    I believe JJJ has the same relationship with SJ as Kenpo has with Chaun Fa. Judo may be a template for modern sportive SJ, but it's also the template for Sport Karate, etc.