233345 Bullies, 3646 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2987
Page 272 of 299 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272 273274275276282 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 5:17pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    the word you're looking for is AIDIKO.
    I really don't think that's a word.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 5:28pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i think you're confusing morote seoi nage and ippon seoi nage, cause this is a case of ippon seoi nage, grabbing the the leg (with oven mitts on.)

lebell didn't mention it, but i find that this throw is really mean, because if uke isn't very good at ukemi, they tend to get thrown right onto their face.
    hehe...;-)

I know one sanda throw thats kinda retarded but if you're able to pull it off it looks pretty sweet.
    It pretty much has same setup as double leg take down, except you press your arm right above the pelvis, over his backside, other hand you scoop up his leg from the inside and you flip him upside down faceplanting him.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never learned ippon seoi nage, just morote. I'm guessing face-first ippon seoi nage doesn't exist and that the word you're looking for is AIDIKO.

:P
    ISN is the one where you let go of your collar grip and use that arm to wrap under uke's collar grip arm to throw him. MSN you don't let go of the collar grip at all, and ideally place the elbow of that arm into uke's collar grip arm's armpit to throw him. i'll find images if you're not getting my point. (and yes, i know ISN can be done on the other side, i do it all the time.)

you don't think a face plant ISN exists? it's fairly common for uke to land on top of their head if they don't tuck and roll, and with seoi otoshi (commonly called drop seoi nage) it's very common for a less experienced uke to faceplant. so common that in my dojo we can't use them on anyone under brown belt.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:02pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    hehe...;-)

I know one sanda throw thats kinda retarded but if you're able to pull it off it looks pretty sweet.
    It pretty much has same setup as double leg take down, except you press your arm right above the pelvis, over his backside, other hand you scoop up his leg from the inside and you flip him upside down faceplanting him.
    i find that a lot of throws in CMA focus on throwing uke face down, and throwing uke so that they are in a twisted position when they hit the ground (causing further injury.)

throwing uke onto their back in judo stems from trying to protect uke. that isn't much of a concern in CMA circles for some reason (there are lots more people where uke came from, maybe? )
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:08pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd prefer if you three would observe a modicum of respect for the current conversation. Technique based non-confrontational discourse is detrimental to the current goal of achieving three thousand replies. Please, refrain from any continued elucidation of various CMA, JMA or any other Martial techniques in which you engage.

Thank you.

Fucking bitches! WTF is this bullshit?

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what's the current inflamatory track we're engaging?
    I feel we can easily take this into deep LOLCATS territory, but would prefer to stay the LOLZ, grappling is t3h g@y course. However, there is always potential for further feeling hurting and butt chicanery when it comes to our European comrades.

Might I also recommend an enlightening disourse on the psychological state of distraught posters, led by bright young lads partaking in the ever thrilling task of degree in psychology.

An impromptu investigation of random poster's martial credentials might be a worthwhile attempt at inducing a few more ragequits and further chafing of the rectal sphinctorum.

=================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Rafe

No hard feelings, right?

Hey, If IIF doesn't ban us from the EuroTD and we're both there, I'll gladly train with you. But you owe me a few proper rounds this time.

And no, you can't win them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Might I also recommend an enlightening disourse on the psychological state of distraught posters, led by bright young lads partaking in the ever thrilling task of degree in psychology.
    I actually considered giving a "post-analysis" on Rafe, especially how he's now 'switching' to stickfighting. And how he's repeating the same LARP pattern (including same phrasing about how he finally getting his MA fire back and all). Hadn't had one stick lesson yet and already planning for Dog Brothers, talking about getting his dogtags... What the hell, Rafe? You keep repeating the same mistakes, except this time you'll end up getting paired up with a VERY serious guy who will also be wielding a stick.

In all seriousness, I'm kinda worried this could end badly.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 12/19/2012 6:32pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    ISN is the one where you let go of your collar grip and use that arm to wrap under uke's collar grip arm to throw him. MSN you don't let go of the collar grip at all, and ideally place the elbow of that arm into uke's collar grip arm's armpit to throw him. i'll find images if you're not getting my point. (and yes, i know ISN can be done on the other side, i do it all the time.)

you don't think a face plant ISN exists? it's fairly common for uke to land on top of their head if they don't tuck and roll, and with seoi otoshi (commonly called drop seoi nage) it's very common for a less experienced uke to faceplant. so common that in my dojo we can't use them on anyone under brown belt.
    I was just makin an Aikido joke.

i find that a lot of throws in CMA focus on throwing uke face down, and throwing uke so that they are in a twisted position when they hit the ground (causing further injury.)

throwing uke onto their back in judo stems from trying to protect uke. that isn't much of a concern in CMA circles for some reason (there are lots more people where uke came from, maybe? )

Because before Kano, no one gave a **** about uke or Ukedo; not in JJJ and certainly not in Shuai Jiao. You throw to **** **** up.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/19/2012 6:31pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because before Kano, no one gave a **** about uke or Ukedo; not in JJJ and certainly not in Shuai Jiao. You throw to **** **** up.
    I'd be shocked if shuai jiao didn't have a non-fuckshitup way of throwing someone with their welfare in mind, at least from the shuai jiao I've watched in person.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 6:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'd be shocked if shuai jiao didn't have a non-fuckshitup way of throwing someone with their welfare in mind, at least from the shuai jiao I've watched in person.
    i wouldn't say that the intention is to hurt uke in every SJ throw, only that:

1) they sure don't make uke's welfare a central pillar of SJ practice (judo has the whole "mutual benefit" thing laid out clearly)

2) they don't seem to be very hung up on practicing on mats (working out on grass is pretty common but i've seen lots of footage of working out on wood floors and concrete.)