225243 Bullies, 4024 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2987
Page 261 of 299 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 5:48am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    Dang, have you considered steroids?
    Don't be stupid.

Besides, my abs were never as toight!
    Sometimes I used to be lazy with my workouts, but now I really HAVE to do em.
    So I can see the positive side in things.

Funniest was the first time I went to see a fysiotherapist: he's checking me out and said the spine was fine.
    Then I had to get down on this table and he is sorta pulling and stretching certain muscles and literally goes: jesus christ...you know, I used to be on the crew of the national iceskating team, but even with those guys ive never seen muscles that tensed up...wtf have you been doing?!
    It's not my spinal colon thank god, its the muscles, and it travels, most of the time its lower back, but on bad days it spreads up higher to the shoulderblades and neck muscles.
    (no its not hernia, made sure of that)

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 5:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm taking out of my ass here. But I heard this TRT stuff is quite the potent rejuvenator.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 5:55am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    I can understand this -- Life has a habit of getting in the way. I've had to use my elbows quite a bit to make room for it the last two years. But if it's just a matter of resources and I'm still employed like I am right now I can help you out on that.
    Thats incredibly nice of you, but I wont take you up on your offer though.
    ;)

Then I'll take that. And it sounds seriously cool. TS can vouch for my ineptness on all things striking, because he spent considerable time on the TD showing me the rudimentary basics of punching. I'm always willing to learn if someone is willing to teach :)
    Okay, we can do basics of striking, I always use principles when I taught (I used to teach beginner classes sanda and guys who had a match coming up, to train em extra) and usually people find the way i explain things really easy to understand.
    But even more fun: certain combos that get you where you can throw or sweep your opponent, you have a bjj and maybe some judo background, so I assume you know how to throw.
    It gets more fun and slightly different when wearing closed gloves and the other guys is already sweaty.
    ghehe

It's true my comment was directed at you, but it was meant for everyone. You don't need my permission to continue shooting **** here, but you're more than welcome to continue discussing things. I'm not too good on conflicts and while Rafe has fucked up big time here I still like the guy, so I might not come off like I wanted to at times.
    Wel, you have that on me, I never met the guy, so I can only go with what I read from him here, and tbh he doesnt come across that nice.
    After all the **** he shared about others, his lying, and his constant attempts to spin things.

My main point was: If you have a guy with 0 skills, more interest in E-drama/attentionwhoring, confirmed liar and furthermore shows no proof of personal integrity or motivation to actually better himself martial arts wise: why the hell you want him at a TD?

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 5:57am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    I'm taking out of my ass here. But I heard this TRT stuff is quite the potent rejuvenator.
    Oh man ive had so much different advice: chiropractors ( NEVER EVER again that **** is creepy as ****) a machine they attach to you that manipulates the muslces with an electric current, all kinds of weird chinese needle stuff...no thanks.

I trained without proper supervision and really hard/frequent and now it has reaped the fruit on my body.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 6:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    Thats incredibly nice of you, but I wont take you up on your offer though.
    ;)
    It's my motto -- if you have the resources why not help a Dutch bastard out, eh?

Okay, we can do basics of striking, I always use principles when I taught (I used to teach beginner classes sanda and guys who had a match coming up, to train em extra) and usually people find the way i explain things really easy to understand.
    But even more fun: certain combos that get you where you can throw or sweep your opponent, you have a bjj and maybe some judo background, so I assume you know how to throw.
    It gets more fun and slightly different when wearing closed gloves and the other guys is already sweaty.
    ghehe
    I have a few throws I like and can do a not-utterly-craptastic shoot, so great!

Wel, you have that on me, I never met the guy, so I can only go with what I read from him here, and tbh he doesnt come across that nice.
    After all the **** he shared about others, his lying, and his constant attempts to spin things.

My main point was: If you have a guy with 0 skills, more interest in E-drama/attentionwhoring, confirmed liar and furthermore shows no proof of personal integrity or motivation to actually better himself martial arts wise: why the hell you want him at a TD?
    Well, I'm a live and let live kinda guy and I'm not about to ban anyone from TDs (except maybe violent, belligerent assholes) especially since all I do is attend really. Zendo is the only person with the authority to do that, and he's just not that kind of a person either. I find it hard to belive that even by your internet persona estimation Rafe would be the worst asshat ever to come to a TD. (for example: Tharuz)

Besides I'm almost 100% sure Rafe won't show up to a TD unless he's there to redeem himself after this shitstorm. But it's his decision, and whatever he does it's fine by me. I'm not there to condemn or harass anyone, I'm there to spar, learn, meet people and have fun.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 6:16am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a few throws I like and can do a not-utterly-craptastic shoot, so great!
    Shots? nah. ask a BJJ guy for a proper shoot.
    Usually you work your way to a clinch, wrap his guard up and then go for a sweep, suplex or hip/shoulder throw.
    There are some spectacular kickcounters though.

Well, I'm a live and let live kinda guy and I'm not about to ban anyone from TDs (except maybe violent, belligerent assholes) especially since all I do is attend really. Zendo is the only person with the authority to do that, and he's just not that kind of a person either. I find it hard to belive that even by your internet persona estimation Rafe would be the worst asshat ever to come to a TD. (for example: Tharuz)

Besides I'm almost 100% sure Rafe won't show up to a TD unless he's there to redeem himself after this shitstorm. But it's his decision, and whatever he does it's fine by me. I'm not there to condemn or harass anyone, I'm there to spar, learn, meet people and have fun.
    Im not saying he should be banned from attending a TD, if all he NEEDS to keep coming.
    Just get it into his head he should have a very big piece of humble pie, stfu, and just....train.
    Not saying he cant have fun, but imo it would be better if he'd tone it down.

A guy like Zen put in effort and money to get the TD going, and it would be a pitty if some clowns suddenly turn the TD into some internetextravaganza show, and if you guys are non confrontational, thats fine, but ill open my mouth about this.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 6:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shots? nah. ask a wrestling guy for a proper shoot.
    Usually you work your way to a clinch, wrap his guard up and then go for a sweep, suplex or hip/shoulder throw.
    There are some spectacular kickcounters though.
    FTFY

A guy like Zen put in effort and money to get the TD going, and it would be a pitty if some clowns suddenly turn the TD into some internetextravaganza show, and if you guys are non confrontational, thats fine, but ill open my mouth about this.
    The thing is, the TD's haven't been like that. Sure people talk a lot of **** but at least from my POV the TD's have gone over smoothly without too much confrontational unnecessary ****, which has basically been 0. That's where Rafe's Internet persona and live persona differ - he's a talkative guy but not of the in-your-face-type.

And FWIW TS isn't that weird either regardless of what Rafe says. At the TD he was acting great for a guy who came in for some hardcore training stand-up but didn't find any willing partners.

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 6:50am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FTFY
    The thing is, the TD's haven't been like that. Sure people talk a lot of **** but at least from my POV the TD's have gone over smoothly without too much confrontational unnecessary ****, which has basically been 0. That's where Rafe's Internet persona and live persona differ - he's a talkative guy but not of the in-your-face-type.
    Fair enough, BUT don't you feel a bit bullshitted or whatever now you find out he's been talking outta his ass about his training.
    Personally if I knew his claims and then saw him at the TD id at least think if not say: who the **** do you think you're bullshitting here pal?

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 7:07am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough, BUT don't you feel a bit bullshitted or whatever now you find out he's been talking outta his ass about his training.
    Personally if I knew his claims and then saw him at the TD id at least think if not say: who the **** do you think you're bullshitting here pal?
    No, not really.

See, I don't have any relevant stand-up experience so I witheld any judgement. During this thread's shitstorming I did ask Rafe about it and he said pretty much the same thing he posted here, which wasn't too surprising.

What you have to understand is I have no investment in his skills, and I still refrain from judging a person completely based on what they talk about on an Internet forum since I've met in him person too. I simply don't take Internet too seriously so him getting caught up in his lies about his MA past here simply isn't that big of a deal for me. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt as long as he doesn't keep on doing the same mistakes over and over again.

From the forumite's perspective It's good that he came out clean. I'd be even nicer if he posted a flame-free truth about his real training history so you can establish a baseline if he will keep posting here (can't remember if he included that in his post). If he keeps coming back to the forums he will no doubt get all kinds of **** from people here and he has put himself into a position where it's really hard to redeem yourself. It's interesting to see how things will play out.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/18/2012 8:20am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Good morrow,

And you will get your roll with me. We have talked a lot of **** to each other over the years, bu you made up with Zendo somehow, so, why not? Would be fun, with no bad blood involved. - What I am trying to say is, you will get that call. My participation here and that matter, two different things.

Yeah, you know, guess I owe you something better.

I decide to leave, because I don't think it makes sense to talk any further: My situation won't get any better, aynway. But yours won't, either.

In hindsight, I could have spared you three pages of lingering embarassment, if I just had let Lebell go his way when he came to assess your personality, and just had said, yeah, spot on, he is an arrogant child, instead of writing a PM essentially asking him to let go of the topic.

But you hate that patronizing, don't you? Because for a boy of your self-entitlement, the thought of not appearing absolutely sovereign, and in control of that house in your head that you have made of your life, is unbearable.

That's why you do things like that:

Calling me out on a post that would gotten lost in the noise, anyway. Post 2046 of this thread.

Because you were not just happy with the situation, bad for me as it already was. I had questioned your views on things, and, NO, somebody questioning YOU, that cannot be.

So, let's try to counterbalance, let's try how much fun you can have with me, and how much you can step up on my back, until you tire of your game.

And that's why I won't bother with you any more; you will not change through this anyway, you will just get more self-righteous and locked in your castle in the clouds. And since this has been so rewarding for you so far, you will behave exactly like this in the future.

But be warned: I was an easy target, because until I met Zendo shortly before the TD, I had never quite decided if I wanted to speak as myself on BS, or to play a character. The next people that question your self-concept, online or offline, will not be as easy to beat down.

Now, you are surely hurt by my comments. How do you think I should feel? At the end of the day, I treated you like a friend would, and you reward me with attitude. But go on, talk it away. You need to save face on the internet, remember?

And for that, the well-meaning nerd who tried to give you a friendly big-brother-talk, who, despite of his neck pain, and despite of having to catch a plane the next morning, stayed up with you all night so you wouldn't have to spend hours alone at the train station, can be morphed into Quagmire, or Red John, or Rudy Abel, or, really, whoever, as long as it serves your purpose. - Did you really think you could go on with this without some sort of response?

I am not even angry with you. Grow up. And be in peace.

And now the good thing: This will eventually happen. And then, even though you and I might never get along again, you will think differently about a lot of that ****.
    You know why I like the name "Hiro Protagonist"? Because Hiro meets Raven. Read up what happens. - And with that, indeed, enough.

And NOW I am out.
    Bullshit.

I love how people either:
    A) Don't really care or judge, but post exactly like they do both.
    B) Claim this isn't really how they are off the internet.

I call Bullshit on both. Your mannerisms, attitude and thinking bleed through into your writing. The degree may not be as bad, but it is you.