221469 Bullies, 4019 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3049
Page 252 of 305 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252 253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 7:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I think that the people on the Weight Watchers forums should be people doing Weight Watchers, not a bunch of people eating potato chips and laughing at the people who post fatpics.
    Right because people doing no diets, just starting, stopped dieting, cutting, cardio, Martial arts, swimming, vegans, vegetarians, jenny craig, atkins, grapefruit diets, Fad diets, and fasting should be excluded because they aren't part of the WWjihad? They can't help?

Yes, I ignored the last little part about "ridicule."

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 8:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    They should. I identify some of the problems with bullshido, in it—fanboys and Punch Bowl Monitor syndrome.

Yes, I'm sure tons of people come to bullshido to read training logs. See, here's what you don't get, fanboy—I don't need the hosannas of high school students to train. I don't need to be the hero of some story—Old Fart Vs Young Brat: Gong Sau for the Soul of Bullshido—to put down a cigarette (I've never smoked) and lose some weight. I don't need to clutch some extremely minor compliment from an experienced martial artist to my bosom and then announce it publicly to keep going.

Who does attend TDs? Were there, what, eight people at the last mega?

Given your gong sau, that makes two of us.

Actually, I have shown video. Hilarious video, exfiltrated from the bottom barrel of the push-hands tournament circuit.

Surely you can find jerk-off material without my assistance.

Are you familiar with the psychological term "projection"?

So, you don't know the difference between sparring and fighting, eh? This is hilarious though—you're an Apex Fanboy. You met this guy, that guy, trained with that one and this one, played here and sparred there! I'm a Big Deal! And...to what end, fanny?

It's not hard to find people to train with or under—provided one isn't doing some obscure art. It's not hard to spar with people. Gosh, I've pushed with champions, high-level disciples, United States Marines, strangers wandering by who wanted to see what we were doing, old ladies who like to pinch, homeless drug-dealers, etc. If I wanted to try rolling with a low-level BJJ guy I'd go to my friend Will and say, "Let's try some of that rolling again." If I wanted to roll with a high-level BJJ guy I'd go to the Gracie gym a mile from my house and say, "Hello, can I join the open mat?" These are trivial things. Only a fanboy would think that merely training with some people or sparring with them is a big deal in and of itself.

That's why I responded, God knows how many pages ago, with something like "Just like an enthusiastic old lady in the park who'll push hands with anyone!" when you proclaimed that you'd roll with anyone. Well, if someone is practicing an art in which the sparring platform is called rolling, why not? Who, exactly, wouldn't take the opportunity to roll/push/box/spar/whatever with a high-level person? It's not like high-level people go around routinely grievously injuring people in a spar. Who would take the opportunity: serious players, hobbyists, and fanboys looking to fill the pages of their mental scrapbooks. Guess which category you're in?

Speaking of a record of training, I had you pegged as a fanboy ages ago, thanks to this little hissy fit:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch.../t-106166.html

You know, I used to suck monkey balls at front rolls too! Now I only suck turtle balls! You know what I do to suck less? I practice front rolls every day. You know what you did? Whined publicly about how unfairly you were treated by some crude ethnic stereotype who didn't want you to break your fat neck.

Yup. Truth hurts, don't it? I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm hiding though. Damn son, I train outside. I attend two different push-hands clubs, both freely open to anyone who wanders by. I've given out the phone number to the gym I go to by my workplace for lunch five days a week—find it, come on by, and join me in deadlifts and p'eng drills and somersaults any time, fanny!

What I haven't done is use Bullshido as a support group and a way to get fancy martial artists to talk to me! To meee!

Oh, is this the bit where the fanboy namedrops an advanced martial artist member in the hope that he'll swoop in and flex a muscle or two on fanny's behalf? Well gosh, it is!

Anyway, re: sambosteve and what he might have been told by you or told you-quote or STFU.

Quote or STFU.

The difference is, of course, that you can't tell the difference between someone who was simply bad (Zendo) and someone who was some sort of lying snake in the grass who had something to hide (Imaginary Zendo). Saying that sambosteve or some grandmaster on Facebook also said Zendo was bad has nothing to do with your quasi-investigation of Zendo, your inability to keep what he actually said about his training straight, and your puffed-up vision of yourself as an investigator neck-deep in a hard-assed investigator culture mere mortals like me can't possibly understand. You occasionally run gifs of diplomas through a filter, fanny, we're not talking about your experience in 'Nam here.

Nice selectivity. You forgot the bit where you tried to change your MMA gong sau into a grappling match (because you wandered in to grappling range three seconds in) and then tried to say that I used your grappling to critique your ability to judge kickboxing.

In fact, what happened, is that I pointed out you had insufficient training to determine what someone with 600 hours of training—in, as I already listed before, both grappling and kickboxing styles—looks like. And you do. Had you sufficient training, you'd realize that a) people progress at different rates, and b) someone whose training is striking in a semi-dicey martial art that ended in, say, 2004, ain't gonna look too good in 2009.

I'm still waiting for my apology re: the 600 hours thing, which you insisted you never mentioned, and which I then pointed to. Twice.

Good, so we're agreed that you owe me an apology. Where is it? See, that's the other thing: you do often say that you owe someone an apology, and you do often say that you have apologized, but the actual apology often gets lost in the middle.

I did just this this week and thanks to my ability to, you know, read English, managed to get a poorly placed MABS thread moved to YMAS.

You're welcome.

Yes I do.

Does it take a lot of expertise to even identify an expert?

Correct. An investigation done well should be held to the same standard, as say, basic investigative journalism as far as sourcing, reasoning, etc. One need not be a journalist to tell the difference between propaganda and actual journalism. Literacy and reasoning ability should be sufficient. Indeed, if only expert investigators can determine the credibility of an investigation thread, then investigations are by definition not a public service.

Yeah, when the fight's eighteen seconds long and comes at the end of nine months of semi-intense bragging, uh, I mean training, pretty much anyone who can count to nineteen is qualified.

Yes I do.

Indeed. Does that mean boxers on this site should STFU too?

Who does?

This is a bboard, dude. Not a dating site.

False.

No, see, there's where you are wrong. This site actually isn't about you, or anything you do. That's the basis of your narcissistic delusion.
    Thanks for clarifying that you are participating in competition push hands. I think that's awesome, and props to you for doing so. I've always been interested in learning more about that sport.

Did you not see my apology in the last post? Let me make it more clear: when I said you were right and I was wrong, what I meant was "you were right and I was wrong, and I am sorry I said otherwise."

Did you really think that "Dear Judo" piece was supposed to be anything other than entertainingly kvetchy? It was not.

As I said, Steve was all over those threads. You want examples? OK.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=#post2487273

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=#post2487355

BTW are you going to apologize to me for the error I mentioned in my last post> I'd appreciate it.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 8:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Right because people doing no diets, just starting, stopped dieting, cutting, cardio, Martial arts, swimming, vegans, vegetarians, jenny craig, atkins, grapefruit diets, Fad diets, and fasting should be excluded because they aren't part of the WWjihad? They can't help?
    Good point; let me rephrase that.

I think that the people on the Weight Watchers forums should be people honestly planning on doing Weight Watchers or some other method of tackling their weight problem, not a bunch of people eating potato chips and laughing at the people who post fatpics.
    Fixed.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 8:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpr View Post
    That philosophy smackdown challenge thingy a few pages ago was pretty cool though.
    We've taken it to PM and it's looking to be a great conversation.

:)

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 11:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone should dwarf-toss Sirc into a pile of hookers for entertaining us. we've had woven Cross-Sau Sub-Saus in bulk on this one.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 11:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Riv:

Is the push-hands tourney circuit a FUN thing to participate in?
    No, it was tedious. At least, the little event I played in was, mainly because they had decided not to offer mobile push-hands, which can be fun. The thread on the topic is here.

I might be looking for some new...fun...thing.

Is it...fun?
    Pushing hands can be fun. A push hands tourney under a real rule set—thin on the ground in the US, more common elsewhere—can be fun. What I did, tourneywise, wasn't fun.

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 11:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that you are participating in competition push hands. I think that's awesome, and props to you for doing so. I've always been interested in learning more about that sport.
    The thread I mentioned is here. As you can see, there's actually more action to be had in park-based clubs, at least compared to the tourney I took part in. I also started studying shuai chiao recently, when a class began at a place and time convenient for me, in the hope of finding a little more action.

Let me make it more clear: when I said you were right and I was wrong, what I meant was "you were right and I was wrong, and I am sorry I said otherwise."
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

Did you really think that "Dear Judo" piece was supposed to be anything other than entertainingly kvetchy? It was not.
    Were you annoyed at Wario or not?

As I said, Steve was all over those threads. You want examples? OK.
    The point wasn't over whether or not sambosteve thought Zendo was a bad fighter, it is over whether or not sambosteve agreed with you that Zendo must be lying about something because if he trained 600 hours a year he wouldn't be that bad. Indeed, steve cleverly asked the question: "How long were you traing before that 2009 TD?" Zendo answered it by explaining that he hadn't done any striking training for years prior to that video. See, that's a normal conversation. That wasn't what you were doing.

BTW are you going to apologize to me for the error I mentioned in my last post> I'd appreciate it.
    I missed it. Tell me again.
    Last edited by Rivington; 12/15/2012 11:35pm at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 2:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    HEY RAFE

Remeber when you said:

Could you explain

You've alluded several times to an issue that happened on the last EuroTD. Why don't you just come out and say what's on your mind. We're all friends here.

Awww, by Hextor...

You know what: No.

Have fun at the next Throwdown, indeed.
    I am sure many people will be interested in attending,
    given the amicable atmosphere you have created.

Have you filled out your stylefield yet?
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 12/16/2012 2:34am at .

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 4:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    The thread I mentioned is here. As you can see, there's actually more action to be had in park-based clubs, at least compared to the tourney I took part in. I also started studying shuai chiao recently, when a class began at a place and time convenient for me, in the hope of finding a little more action.
    Thanks man; I never knew you did this stuff. Please consider keeping a training log so the rest of us can get inside what is involved. Like I said, I've always been interested in competition push hands.

Thank you, I appreciate it.
    You're very welcome. Really, I thought I was clear the first time, but... you learn something new every day. I guess my idea of an apology is just an allusion to an apology in some eyes. No matter... wrong is wrong, and I was wrong.

Were you annoyed at Wario or not?
    OK, here's the deal: I LOVE Wario; I love his old-school-take-no-prisoners attitude; I love how he summarized all combat strategy as "Make sure you beat 'em up, before for they beatem upa you."; I loved his class and the endless drilling of basics over and over againg. Here's the problem: Wario thought having a BJJ brown come in and teach Ne Waza was stupid, and he told us so. I was thrilled to have BJJ taught in my $60/month Judo club on Thursdays, and the 1st 2 classes were great. My gripe with Wario started when he showed up at the BJJ class, and pulled all the white belts out of it. I didn't usually train Judo on Thursdays, but I was making special trips there on "Ne Waza" night to get the BJJ instruction. Having Wario pull me out of Ne Waza and have me work on Tachi Waza and Ukemi was annoying because he wasn't teaching the class, the Shodan/BJJ-brown guy was. It was sort of like being pulled out of History by your English professor.

The point wasn't over whether or not sambosteve thought Zendo was a bad fighter, it is over whether or not sambosteve agreed with you that Zendo must be lying about something because if he trained 600 hours a year he wouldn't be that bad. Indeed, steve cleverly asked the question: "How long were you traing before that 2009 TD?" Zendo answered it by explaining that he hadn't done any striking training for years prior to that video. See, that's a normal conversation. That wasn't what you were doing.
    The focus of that conversation was his bio.

I missed it. Tell me again.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 4:42am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Awww, by Hextor...

You know what: No.

Have fun at the next Throwdown, indeed.
    I am sure many people will be interested in attending,
    given the amicable atmosphere you have created.

Have you filled out your stylefield yet?
    You're being really weak about this Rafe.
    Stop crying, and just tell us what happened, you brought it up in the first place, and Blingbling brought it up.
    Im not sure if you realise it but you're really coming across like a little girl now.

Have you started training again?
    Or you rather pm some more in an attempt to damagecontrol?