222352 Bullies, 4732 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2987
Page 249 of 299 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:09am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    Belgium, you already know this.
    I did?
    Must have forgotten. sorry.
    Let me know if you wanna visit Lolland I could give you some tips what to see or whatever.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I did?
    Must have forgotten. sorry.
    Let me know if you wanna visit Lolland I could give you some tips what to see or whatever.
    That's cool.

Wait, you do realize that I'm Tranquil Suit and this is my Christmas name, right?

I'm starting to wonder cause remember how you were saying "I thought you were Flemish" earlier in this thread, right?

And also, I met up with rafe at the TDs!!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:26am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's cool.

Wait, you do realize that I'm Tranquil Suit and this is my Christmas name, right?

I'm starting to wonder cause remember how you were saying "I thought you were Flemish" earlier in this thread, right?

And also, I met up with rafe at the TDs!!
    WTF...im really having my blonde moment here.
    And where's my xmas name?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You didn't request one, duh.

Hilarious

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 10:03am

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Gong Sau Extravaganza 2013: Sirc vs. 3moose

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You didn't request one, duh.

Hilarious
    Can I be "Phrost Troll"???
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 10:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Can I be "Phrost Troll"???
    There is a thread for that, go there.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 10:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Rafe,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    However, I am not willing to do that in a hostile environment, or against an opponent I can not trust to behave like an adult when it comes to questions of safety. Which was a fairly big issue this year already, by the way.
    Why don't you tell us what REALLY happened? Cause I was there and I guess I must have missed it somehow.

Please, explain what you mean.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I missed it. Tell me again.
    OK. I posted this:
    Originally Posted by Me
    You claimed earlier that my performance against Kintanon shows that I was not qualified to critique Zendo's kickboxing.

and you responded with this:

Originally Posted by Rivington
    Where did I say this? Oh yes, what's your line again? "Quote or STFU."

and then I reminded you that you had already said this

Simple: you lacked the training experience to come to the conclusions you did about Rene.

Then I asked you to apologize.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    OK. I posted this:
    Originally Posted by Me
    You claimed earlier that my performance against Kintanon shows that I was not qualified to critique Zendo's kickboxing.

and you responded with this:

Where did I say this? Oh yes, what's your line again? "Quote or STFU."

and then I reminded you that you had already said this

Simple: you lacked the training experience to come to the conclusions you did about Rene.

Then I asked you to apologize.
    Ah, I see. You think apologies are just some things dudes do, like fist-bumps or circle-jerks. No, you get no apology, since what you quoted isn't what you claimed I claimed, as I already explained. Your strawman shellgame of pretending that your MMA match was a grappling match so that clearly I can't have an opinion of your estimation of Zendo's kickboxing skills (which again, isn't the issue) was just your bullshit.

I'll explain one last time: you claimed that Zendo must be pulling a fast one, rather than simply being terrible. You had no way of knowing this—indeed, you just insisted that we must treat him as "average" as opposed to especially bad, or fat, or depressed, or the recipient of training in a country with few expert coaches etc. That is, you insisted on assuming a perfectly spherical cow rather than analyzing the actually existing Zendo. You then transposed the 600 hours of training from its actual post-video commencement to pre-video. Further, the 600 hours includes both kickboxing and grappling styles. (Did you see a lot of 10th planet JJ in that vid? Remember, that was part of the 600 hours too.)

What you are insufficiently trained to tell is

a) why it is that Zendo sucked (i.e., is he just awful or was he somehow lying about all sorts of stuff) and

b) what 600 hours of instruction should have done for Zendo specifically.

Not c) that Zendo's video is shitty.

The "conclusions you did [come to] about Rene" are not c—that's hardly even a conclusion, just a universal observation. They are a and b. And it is absolutely so that you are insufficiently trained to come to either conclusions a or b, which was Lebell's point about waiting to see your own video. And indeed, you performed worse than you thought you would, but not worse than Lebell thought you would.
    Last edited by Rivington; 12/16/2012 12:11pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Ah, I see. You think apologies are just some things dudes do, like fist-bumps or circle-jerks. No, you get no apology, since what you quoted isn't what you claimed I claimed, as I already explained. Your strawman shellgame of pretending that your MMA match was a grappling match so that clearly I can't have an opinion of your estimation of Zendo's kickboxing skills (which again, isn't the issue) was just your bullshit.

I'll explain one last time: you claimed that Zendo must be pulling a fast one, rather than simply being terrible. You had no way of knowing this—indeed, you just insisted that we must treat him as "average" as opposed to especially bad, or fat, or depressed, or the recipient of training in a country with few expert coaches etc. That is, you insisted on assuming a perfectly spherical cow rather than analyzing the actually existing Zendo. You then transposed the 600 hours of training from its actual post-video commencement to pre-video. Further, the 600 hours includes both kickboxing and grappling styles. (Did you see a lot of 10th planet JJ in that vid? Remember, that was part of the 600 hours too.)

What you are insufficiently trained to tell is

a) why it is that Zendo sucked (i.e., is he just awful or was he somehow lying about all sorts of stuff) and

b) what 600 hours of instruction should have done for Zendo specifically.

Not c) that Zendo's video is shitty.

The "conclusions you did [come to] about Rene" are not c—that's hardly even a conclusion, just a universal observation. They are a and b. And it is absolutely so that you are insufficiently trained to come to either conclusions a or b, which was Lebell's point about waiting to see your own video. And indeed, you performed worse than you thought you would, but not worse than Lebell thought you would.
    Look, I really don't want to go on and on about Rene because I have no problem with him, and I think excessive rehashing of this stuff is unfair to him. Let me see if I can wrap this up to your satisfaction...

I'm going to grant, for the sake of putting this to bed, your point that the 600 hour thing was a) outside my ability to apply to his vid, and b) applied backwards in time. That said, it's irrelevant because the stuff in his old bio about being an assistant instructor of Muaythai was sufficient to raise a red flag. Should it have been dropped when he explained that he never was any such thing? Yes. And it wasn't, and I told him I was sorry for the whole mess. And he accepted.

It's done and there's nothing left to say, and I am not digging up any more details on that episode because i don't want to endorse a thorough rehash. If you're not satisfied with this, and insist on continuing with this, I am simply going to grant you license to label me in anyway you wish.

He's a good guy, and he's training hard, and this stuff is long over. You want me to be a fanboy douche? That's cool. You can see me in any way you wish and I'm not contesting it. It's your right.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/16/2012 1:22pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!