225236 Bullies, 4293 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2987
Page 235 of 299 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 11:36pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    There is no going back only forward. Evolve or die. Give me liberty or give me death. I know you are but what am I?
    This is my point. Some people here are too connected with the Bullshido of the past. People need to let it go and let it grow (wow...I'm a poet! Patent that!). Yes, the old aspects of the site are what drew me here: investigations and throwdowns. **** I was very active with both of those. I am fine that the site has evolved past me. I don't need or want it back. I have evolved as well and am on to many new projects. With many skills I learned from investigations here. The only sad thing to me is to see a place I invested so much time into become a general site that does not stand out any longer, with its unique aspects nearly forgotten.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 11:44pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sooooooo... what do you think would make it unique again?

Here's the thing, bro, we've established that **** has changed. And re-established it for some reason. Then we went on to re-establish it several times. It's like a debate with a hypothetical stereotypical woman.

Let's stop living in the past. Everyone, that is. Right now Bullshido is an awesome site and has some awesome members, you need look no further than the person writing this post. We need a common goal.

So I ask again, what would you suggest would make the site stand out now?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 11:53pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's some of my off the top of the head suggestions:

1. A fight club. You want in, you gotta fight someone already in. MMA rules only. THEN you get a fist tag.

2. Member Forum- one per member, detailing milestones in martial arts journeys. Trolling prohibited. Encourage people to be excited about their milestones. No, not a training log and not quite a competition log. Too many times I see someone say, "I got my yellow belt in Judo", or "I got my blue belt in jits" and it's guaranteed that some prick will give it ****, even just jokingly. We should be ENCOURAGING reaching milestones.

3. A battlefields worship forum- allowing members to offer everything, sexual favours, their salary, their assets for liquidation to me.

Here is a suggestion I have received from someone here, who if he wants I'll give him the props:

A DEDICATED TRAINING GEAR FORUM- The gi thread is insufficient.

:)

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 12:29am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwarte Piet View Post
    You did miss something IMO. I find it hard to believe that anyone here as long as you would not see clearly the ways this place has changed. But, I can't fault you for missing my prior post explaining my opinion. Easy to miss
    Some thoughts:
    The site IMO does't fail the posters over TD's, the posters fail the site. It's all volunteer-based, so if we don't plan them, they aren't happening.

I'd come out to another NYTD, as would others. When I get to it, we'll do another mean in teh bean installment. It comes down to individuals taking the initiative.

The newer posters aren't encouraged enough, to attend TD's IMO.

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 12:32am

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why I think TDs should have strippers, male and female so as not to alienate the three women who show up here to chastise me for being a chauvinist.

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 1:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even the beginnings of an investigation (luke holloway n' ****) can affect behavior. The Chuck thing fucked up things, but also there are absolutely less frauds in the MA, out there IMO. Mma has kicked the **** outta the public perception. This, to the point that people giving Seagalilama props, are now doing it based on his assosiation with an actual fighter.

Zomg AS is listening to him, he must be heavyduty. That is a lot different from YEYAH! Slaps are d3adly. The martial world, and the general public's awareness of it had changed for the better.

If there's less to go after, shouldn't we be thankful? Let's not lament the thing that was hindering progress, that is now largely vanquished. Is the pont to be at war, or to have won the conflict, and do relatively mild cleanup work?

If point fighters like Superfoot Wallace are bitter, and movie stars admit they aren't fighters (like Jet li, and sadly unlike Segalilama) isn't that a huge and profound sea change in how the public is presented with what martial arts are?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 1:28am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwarte Piet View Post
    That is very debatable
    It is, and different agendas will have different debates.

Links do not ensure anything, except keeping a record of past deeds, etc. Action and activity are what makes a site.
    You are an expert at SEO? Orgainc Links and even more back links ensure that Bullshido stays on the fore front of it's mission. Educating online martial arts frauds. Every online property experiences peaks and valleys with activity, having over 10 years of history keeps the traffic searching for MA fraud.

I've come across threads on the underground where people specifically mention Bullshido when it comes to finding fake BJJ Blackbelts. Because of Bullshido's past actions, places like the Underground follow what we have done in the past. By the time we find out about it, fake BJJ Blackbelts found on the UG have closed shop, deleted website, and changed phone numbers.

Absolutely false. There are plenty of frauds. There are less members who go after them. Less interest and drive to investigate them. When was the last investigation article that was completed?
    Are they? You have examples?

Rationalization. Regardless, the TDs are what made BS unique...mission or not.
    I was at the first Throwdown, it was not part of Bullshido's culture. We may have been the first, but we were not unique. Subfighter.com did it, MAP did it, the Underground did it, Sherdog did it. In fact, the UG went one step more and actually had members amateur mma fights.

Been answered already
    Seriously, I see a lot of complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 2:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The TD's were always my fav. They may not have been the core mission, but they are my favorite bit.

They reflect the essence of resistant MA. Not b/c everyone's GSP, but b/c ego free sparring is the vital core of fighting ability. A clumsy shitbag like myself can stay safe str33tside, even though tooled in the gym.

Why is this? Well...beatings by talented people raise the bar pretty high for your average drunk asshole or angry simpleton to be much of a threat normally. Small exposure to this idea of ma, carries long lasting benefits, separate from forum points or e-bragging.

More TD's plz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 3:05am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like the idea of TDs. I just feel like, in terms of skill, I would have nothing to offer plus I live in the ass end of the world.

Posted On:
    12/07/2012 5:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Morose View Post
    I really like the idea of TDs. I just feel like, in terms of skill, I would have nothing to offer plus I live in the ass end of the world.
    I went to one with no more than 6 months of training, I had a freaking blast. I would go to more again once my schedule on weekends clears up.