224755 Bullies, 3611 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2987
Page 231 of 299 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 12:57am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Playing portal was the point when I realised I was thick.

But at least now I'm a self aware fuckwit.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 12:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, I searched very hard for the right website to post old 80s ninja ****.

And here you all are, willing and supple and well oiled from Sambo.

:)

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:49am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    No, just naive. You are wasting emotions and time by being invested in fixing something that is not fixable. Bullshido as it was is long gone. Get over it and move on. Let the site morph into whatever it becomes. But, there is no resuscitation that is ever going to happen here.
    Other than less TD's, I don't detect much of a change. What changed between feb 06, when you joined, and May 07, when I did?

...or did I miss something since?

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Other than less TD's, I don't detect much of a change. What changed between feb 06, when you joined, and May 07, when I did?

...or did I miss something since?
    All and all the wider acceptance of Alive training, BJJ, and MMA. Yes we will always get **** twits come in here with the sport vs street arguments and you don't want to go to the ground crap. With MMA charge into the mainstream more and more people simply get it.

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:26am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Granted we haven't had any sketchy parking lot gong saus in a while, but that's a plus.

I know there's been **** over the euroTD, but they at least showed up. How many posters never show? I took the shitty bus to NY for a couple, and a bunch here in Boston. As far as this community goes, IRL meetups are a great thing.

Even Rudy/Anthony, because with all this text, w video, we get snapshots of where we are. Give Matt ****, but he showed to GS, and to TD before and since.

Question waffles a bunch of nonsense, but can bang out no prob. a bunch of guys post heavy, but also show to do the damn thing. Good or bad, posters who show rule.

Newer posters: Dont assume a TD will happen near you. I had to organize some here to experience them. It's easy. Call a local gym, haggle a matt fee and start a thread to rally the troops.

If you can't be a good example, be a cautionary tale, but be involved. TD's are largely what make this site unique...and awesome.

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 2:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    All and all the wider acceptance of Alive training, BJJ, and MMA. Yes we will always get **** twits come in here with the sport vs street arguments and you don't want to go to the ground crap. With MMA charge into the mainstream more and more people simply get it.
    Bullshido helped reveal that reality. If there are less martial frauds and silly people out there, that's z win. Aliveness has won the "debate". That's nothing to mourn. I'm wondering what happened here, that some would not like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 4:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Seriously, I searched very hard for the right website to post old 80s ninja ****.

And here you all are, willing and supple and well oiled from Sambo.
    Can camo ninjas turn extra-invisible?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 4:37am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    No, just naive. You are wasting emotions and time by being invested in fixing something that is not fixable. Bullshido as it was is long gone. Get over it and move on. Let the site morph into whatever it becomes. But, there is no resuscitation that is ever going to happen here.
    Bullshido as it was ten years ago is not gone. The plethora of links this site has will always ensure that. If you are referring to the mission of Bullshido, there has been less and less frauds to go after. Throwdowns are a byproduct of Bullshido's stance on alive training and sparring, not the mission of this site.

So what exactly are you referring to, when you say Bullshido is long gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 10:52am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Timeless Value of Bullshido
    A short essay by W. Rabbit.

I wasn't kidding about Ninjas. Bullshido is how I steered clear of joining the Booj, because my first searches here were an attempt to determine the historical authenticity of Hatsumi's "scrolls". Of all the cool ninja ****...I wanted to know if those scrolls were legit or not, and I learned more in reading a few threads here than I did reading ten of Hatsumi's books.

You see, as one of those guys who grew up watching UFC1 onward on VHS, I already knew about the importance of ground technique, I knew about effective vs. ineffective training...I didn't come to a website looking for that. It was clear as day when I saw Royce submit Dan "The Beast" Severn, or when I watched Mike Tyson train vs. what you'd find in the average strip mall karate "dojo".

I knew that my next MA had to be carefully chosen. Even if it was going to be a primarily stand up fighting art, it had to be LEGIT. Every MA claims to be useful for kicking someone's ass...but which is truthful? Which exaggerates? Which arts are, for lack of a better word, bullshit?

I found 50 pages of Sherdog posters with no experience with it, shitting on Hung Ga in MMA (I didn't know yet it was one of the first successful kung fu styles ever seen in MMA). Damn, I thought...another one for the can.

But wait...here's Bullshido.net...and right here is the story of an MMA fighter whose background in Hung Ga began a journey into the world of MMA competition.

Here's another guy who's made Hung ga part of his fighting style. Wow, they still have Lei Tai tournaments in the US? I want to go to there..

And another who, even though he critiques it, works to close the "gaps" by cross training and sharing ideas with BJJers, judoka, hard core karateka, and those crazy ass Muay Thai mofos, all without having to whine all the time about how effective his own art is, "if ONLY people would listen"...give me a break.

And here's one who makes homemade dit da jow. Call me, bro.

And holy ****, someone just shared a video from UFC 7 (I had already watched a decade earlier and forgotten)....holy ****, did he just fu jow that big guy's face with no glove? That's the Hung Ga Kuen? Sold...not by the art itself, but by the community of like-minded folks that were here to support their arts, give and receive constructive criticism, and help me realize that the best way to deaden your training is to become complacent.

What irony is best in life? Bullshido made me stick with kung fu, and kung fu makes me stick with Bullshido.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/06/2012 11:24am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 12:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me???? No???? Damn.