218357 Bullies, 4142 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3049
Page 224 of 305 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:04pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Liddell. Now move on.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    If Phrost were still doing Douchebag of the Month, I think Matt Phillips would have just about wrapped it up. Here's a guy who attacks another site member repeatedly,
    implying that he doesn't train and that therefore he shouldn't post, without ever asking him whether he trains.
    Bullshit. Never happened. Quote me or STFU.

He then (still not knowing whether that member trains) attacks that member's status as a forum leader, adding that he does not know what forum that person is a forum leader of, based on the implication that the member does not train.
    I did not say he shouldn't be a forum leader. Quote me or STFU.

He also mocks the member for posting mostly about televised MMA events. Well, Matt, perhaps you might check whether that member is Moderator of the Sub-forum for betting varrots on televised MMA events.
    Far from mocking him, I made it clear that I think he is well qualified. Either you can't read or you're paranoid. Read what I wrote and then STFU.

Matt's deepest passion seems to be that no one who doesn't actively train should ever post here (except for his own posting about his son's competition), but he has posted 400 times in the last 3 1/2 weeks in about a dozen different threads unrelated to his son.
    As I said, I'm here for this thread. Occasionally I look around and see something worth making a drive-by post about, and comment. I am not a regular poster here, and will not be again unless I am back to training.

When people have pointed this out, his response is that he knows all about the idea of self-refutation, as though that absolves him of blame here. But that isn't the issue.

First, what Matt is doing isn't an instance of self-refutation. Logical self-refutation is a feature of claims or theories that cannot be true given what they say about the nature of truth or meaning.
    I have studied Formal Logic up to Compactness, Axiomatic Set Theory, Computability Theory, as well as Epistemology and Philosophy of Language at the graduate level. I have no problem reading Turing or Godel in the (English) original, and did so for my senior thesis in college. I know what a fucking self-refuting proposition is. Do you? Unlike yourself, I am well aware that no statement containing more than sixteen words is ever true.

Epistemic self-refutation is a feature of claims or theories that cannot be known or justifiably believed given what they say about the nature of knowledge, justification, or truth. These are theoretical failings. What Matt does is *hypocritical,* irrational, and self-serving, and to an extent that is so pure and so rare that it will serve me as a perfect example (with identifying details omitted of course) in ethics classes for years to come.
    If you can not see the humor in telling someone who is not training that they can not suggest (in a post) that non-training people should cease posting, then you need to brush up on your Monty Python. I'm not suggesting people be banned from posting, I'm suggesting that people get back to training before they waste their lives posting on a fucking forum.

Matt demands that everyone adhere to a standard that he regards himself as entirely exempt from, not only (as he dishonestly claims) so that he can continue to argue for others' having to follow it but also so that he may follow any whim he might have to comment on any topic on the forum.

There is another, closely analogous situation with his using his relationship with site admins to allow him to put a "pun" phony style name into his style blank, not in English (or even in our alphabet), in a way that hides his non-training,
    Hides? It says "no jiu-jitsu" you fucking moron, and I trained BJJ last night. Do you think anyone thinks that is the name of a style? Do you see any capital letters? This is priceless... what else you got?

while attacking others if he suspects that their style field is not perfectly current. However, the issues are so similar that it isn't worth repeating the discussion of his self-indulgent hypocrisy. (Note that I am not criticizing the permission for the fake style name -- I don't care; my point is that if Matt is going to use it, then he is in no moral position to be picky about anyone else's.)
    I never got permission from anyone to write "no jiu-jitsu" in Portuguese. Why should I?

LOL at you implying I tried to hide the fact that I'm out of training, when you just got done making another bullshit argument above predicated on my own publicly admitted lack of training. You're fucking flailing, bro.

It is clear from his actions that Matt really thinks that it is fine for him to post as much as he wants about whatever he wants. And that is fine. As long as he gets over the idea that he has some moral high ground in virtue of which he can attack others and tell them whether they should be allowed to post, to Moderate, or whatever. Obviously, being a multiply hypocritical, self-indulgent, would-be informer on an internet forum isn't a big crime in the grand scheme of things. A little self-examination (after he gets over his "who is this upstart to question me, the grand poobah who has the phone numbers of ..., the father of ...," tizzy), some Pepto-Bismol, a well-placed apology or two, and a full recovery from douchebaggery should be possible.
    Dude, this whole rant is a load of crap. I have popped back in over the last 12 months but I am not a regular poster anymore. I think *I* should be training more than posting; I think rednamers should be practicing what the site stands for; I think the site's founders agree with that, and I showed that they do; I think people working in MABS should have good general knowledge of the martial arts world. I do not decide who gets to post on this site, nor do I want to.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/04/2012 3:45pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing smooths a situation over like chocolate cake.

Some of the wiser Bullshidi know this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:25pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually becoming a fan of sirc, win or lose, He's taking fighting on the Internet to another level.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I have studied Formal Logic up to Compactness, Axiomatic Set Theory, Computability Theory, as well as Epistemology and Philosophy of Language at the graduate level. I have no problem reading Turing or Godel in the (English) original, and did so for my senior thesis in college.
    Damned Nerd

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    I'm actually becoming a fan of sirc, win or lose, He's taking fighting on the Internet to another level.
    Like Tsun Tzu. He didn't even start the fight that has been perpetuating this thread for weeks and he has only posted but a couple times since it really took off.

Mo-fo set the stage and then just sat back while the actors improved themselves right over a cliff!

As much as I don't like Sirc, this bloated festering homunculus of a thread is an impressive testement to his Bullshido accumen.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, I thought this **** was about Bruce Downey...
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 3:59pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Like Tsun Tzu.
    Sun Tzu said that all warfare is based on deception, but that's probably because the Chinese didn't have a word for "logistics" yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 4:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The short answer is that you don't know what a self-refuting proposition is. I have a doctorate in philosophy, did extensive graduate work in epistemology, philosophy of language, and logic, and teach them (among other things), including at the doctoral level. You don't know what you are talking about. You may have learned what "self-refuting" meant at one time, but your recollection is clearly confused (or perverted as part of your sophistical self-deception in aid of your hypocrisy).

If you really think posting close to twenty times a day for weeks at a time doesn't count as being a "regular poster," I'd hate to see what does. Your level of self-deception is really remarkable. I didn't offer a rant, but a calm, disinterested assessment of a month's worth of morally bankrupt whining and harassment by you of other forum members.
    You are the one whose emotions are out of control. I have no emotional stake in this whatever. I just find your conduct morally repugnant and profoundly irrational.

You specifically announced in the thread that you had gotten authorization for your Portuguese "joke" name from Phrost. Claiming otherwise is at best an attempt at prevarication. The caps / no caps issue is bullshit. Many members don't have their style names in caps. And capitalization conventions vary from language to language as well, so readers who don't know Portuguese may well think the non-capitalization is characteristic of the language. To any non-Portuguese-reading member, your style field is easily mistaken, as you well know, for a martial arts style name. To pretend otherwise is just to be a dishonest douchebag again. You are a phony. You embody a sad little instance of bullshido wrapped in smug, sanctimonious hypocrisy. I feel sorry for you.

As exciting as it is to mince words with you and see you try to cover your hypocrisy with sophistry and dissimulation, since anyone who looks through the thread can see you being a hypocrite again and again, that's all I have to say for now.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck is philosophizing at Matt? WHAT YEAR IS IT?!?!?!?