218358 Bullies, 6575 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3049
Page 223 of 305 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223 224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 1:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we get Mirko Filipovic to post here?
    As far as I can recall, he's the only one who ever pulled off a legit anti-grapple. (To this day Sakubara still has trouble solving elementary math problems.)
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 1:46pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    As far as I can recall, he's the only one who ever pulled off a legit anti-grapple. (To this day Sakubara still has trouble solving elementary math problems.)
    Video or it isn't real.

(no really, I want to see this)

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 1:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackjack View Post
    Video or it isn't real.

I think it's somewhere on Sherdog.
    Google Cro Cop vs Sakubara.
    If I recall it was at the beginning of 1st round, Sakubara shot in, and got kicked to the head hard. Instant KO. Fractured the orbital bone.

It was like watching Chuck Lidell's fists duct taped to someone's feet.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post1583197

Quote Originally Posted by Pandhina
    Dude, I was rocked. I was happy I got the double, at the end.

If this was a standup war, Rudy would have wasted my ass. NO FUCKING LIE.

Huge Props to Rudy. He took some hard hits from me when I was GnP'ing him.
    Dude, your own words betray you. You want say I'm not a fighter? Its just ridiculous. But hey, who am I to get in the way of a good fishing story. How big is your E-penis again? <---> this big? <----> this big? <---------> this big? its more like this <->
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Hole in one.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    Let's face it, my fight with Rudy wasn't anything MMA, change the venue of the fight to outside a bar and it would have been the same type of fight. Rudy punching as hard as he could, me taking him down to control him. As with any street fight, it was ugly, and it didn't last a minute.
    How precious, then by your logic If you were allowed 4 failed shots and someone taking me off you twice the result on the street would be the same. True. LMAO!! Bwahahahaha God, "my precious, where is my precious" LOL!
    Give to Haiti relief. text "haiti' to 90999
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeacherMonkey?feature=mhee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:36pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I know what they meant when they founded the site because I was there when they first discussed it. I believe I need to be training if I am going to post 0n this site, and I only post here if there is a specific focused reason, like updating my son's comp footage. I'm not training, and so i have nothing to post about.

The site was about doing and promoting real martial arts and combat sports, and exposing BS, not do-nothing posing. It was, and it is, and all this talk won't change that.
    If Phrost were still doing Douchebag of the Month, I think Matt Phillips would have just about wrapped it up. Here's a guy who attacks another site member repeatedly, implying that he doesn't train and that therefore he shouldn't post, without ever asking him whether he trains. He then (still not knowing whether that member trains) attacks that member's status as a forum leader, adding that he does not know what forum that person is a forum leader of, based on the implication that the member does not train. He also mocks the member for posting mostly about televised MMA events. Well, Matt, perhaps you might check whether that member is Moderator of the Sub-forum for betting varrots on televised MMA events.

Matt's deepest passion seems to be that no one who doesn't actively train should ever post here (except for his own posting about his son's competition), but he has posted 400 times in the last 3 1/2 weeks in about a dozen different threads unrelated to his son. When people have pointed this out, his response is that he knows all about the idea of self-refutation, as though that absolves him of blame here. But that isn't the issue.

First, what Matt is doing isn't an instance of self-refutation. Logical self-refutation is a feature of claims or theories that cannot be true given what they say about the nature of truth or meaning. Epistemic self-refutation is a feature of claims or theories that cannot be known or justifiably believed given what they say about the nature of knowledge, justification, or truth. These are theoretical failings. What Matt does is *hypocritical,* irrational, and self-serving, and to an extent that is so pure and so rare that it will serve me as a perfect example (with identifying details omitted of course) in ethics classes for years to come.

Matt demands that everyone adhere to a standard that he regards himself as entirely exempt from, not only (as he dishonestly claims) so that he can continue to argue for others' having to follow it but also so that he may follow any whim he might have to comment on any topic on the forum.

There is another, closely analogous situation with his using his relationship with site admins to allow him to put a "pun" phony style name into his style blank, not in English (or even in our alphabet), in a way that hides his non-training, while attacking others if he suspects that their style field is not perfectly current. However, the issues are so similar that it isn't worth repeating the discussion of his self-indulgent hypocrisy. (Note that I am not criticizing the permission for the fake style name -- I don't care; my point is that if Matt is going to use it, then he is in no moral position to be picky about anyone else's.)

It is clear from his actions that Matt really thinks that it is fine for him to post as much as he wants about whatever he wants. And that is fine. As long as he gets over the idea that he has some moral high ground in virtue of which he can attack others and tell them whether they should be allowed to post, to Moderate, or whatever. Obviously, being a multiply hypocritical, self-indulgent, would-be informer on an internet forum isn't a big crime in the grand scheme of things. A little self-examination (after he gets over his "who is this upstart to question me, the grand poobah who has the phone numbers of ..., the father of ...," tizzy), some Pepto-Bismol, a well-placed apology or two, and a full recovery from douchebaggery should be possible.
    Last edited by ChuckWepner; 12/04/2012 2:42pm at . Reason: Added s to a word

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:37pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why the **** are you two still talking about that fucking fight? Seriously get over it.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video or it isn't real.

Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    He wasn't first.

FTR the first televised instance of someone completely shutting down a (BJJ) grappler's attempts to take it to the mat was Paul Varlens against Joe Moreira.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 2:48pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video or it isn't real.