218358 Bullies, 7890 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3049
Page 219 of 305 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 5:30pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    You're right, but back in the day there were a TON of early (sub blue) GJJ guys fighting challenge matches against TMA guys. This one is typical: this one is current BJJ BB John Marsh fighting a CMA dude when he was still a white belt circa 1995

Pretty par for the course; the CMA guy gets taken down straight off the bat and lands nothing, then taps out. Rudy stuffed shots and landed strikes. It wasn't shabby, but it was a forgone conclusion that he was likely to lose just given BJJ's track record in this kind of match.
    John Marsh was a purple belt when he fought that CMA guy. At the end of the day, even with all this historical video of CMA guys getting their asses handed to them, Rudy's stuffing of the shots, and striking didn't help him last a minute in the ring against a white belt.
    Last edited by Pandinha; 12/02/2012 5:41pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 5:32pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rudy trained his CMA like this before this site went up

kungfudoeswork was one of the very first members here, and he came over here because he was pro THIS. What he doesn't like is the idea that some STYLES are superior to others. He advocates Alive training for TMA. In that sense he is exactly in line with Omega, who teaches a lot of Alive CMA in his gym. The difference between Omega and Rudy is that Omega is also an expert level grappler, but Rudy's stand up is coming from a similar place, and I think stand up sparring between the two wouldn't be grossly uneven to either man.

A lot of people dislike his posting style, and I personally do NOT recommend going on and on about a GS after it's done, but I do not disagree with his ideas on Alive training AT ALL.
    Please, I actually punched the fucker in the face, and he gave up after getting hit five times in the face, head and ear. Wearing a big padded face mask and tippy tapping each other is not training alive.

And he is NOTHING like Omega's school, training, or even 1 percent the fighter Mike is.
    Last edited by Pandinha; 12/02/2012 5:39pm at .
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 5:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    This grappling vs. striking dead horse is a distraction and a false equivalency at the same time. I only mentioned what did and shared vs. others who do nothing and share nothing as point of value. Anthony coming in to protect "his precious" is a pathetic attempt to retain legitimacy for a 5 year old single round that is the centerpiece of his miserable life. Big fucking deal. His truth is any validation for me is perceived as a dimishment for him, a hallmark of pedantic childish reasoning.

LOL@ I could have backed out. Why in the **** would I want that? I wanted a rematch for christ sakes!!

You people need to grow up. All of you.

After seeing that Hiro vs. TS clip retardation I'm wondering why these guys haven't been drummed out of here. Answer: LULz pay the bills.

Good luck trying to make this place what it might have been, its a pipe dream.
    Bad knees, vagina hurts, ref was incompetent, 25lbs weight difference complaint fighting heavyweight, whatever excuse you want, you could have backed out. You want a rematch? What after you get your ass beat again? What excuse are you going to use then? Life isn't a Kung Fu movie where the little white boy gets his ass kicked, then trains for a little bit and becomes super bad ass. You already had your 25 years of training. You got your chance, you sucked, I beat your ass, get over it. Your Kung Fu Does Not Work. For someone who keeps harping about me talking about it, you bring it up first, and then whine about a rematch. Take up macrame as a hobby Rudy, you'd win a ton of those gong sau matches.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 5:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're right, but back in the day there were a TON of early (sub blue) GJJ guys fighting challenge matches against TMA guys. This one is typical: this one is current BJJ BB John Marsh fighting a CMA dude when he was still a white belt circa 1995

Pretty par for the course; the CMA guy gets taken down straight off the bat and lands nothing, then taps out. Rudy stuffed shots and landed strikes. It wasn't shabby, but it was a forgone conclusion that he was likely to lose just given BJJ's track record in this kind of match.
    Here's some comedy Gold from Kung Fu Forums when this fight happened. From Rudy Abel himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Abel
    Fair enough, You'll get no arguement from me on this point.
    What I think gets people in a huff about this fight is that this guy is being called a kung fu master in general. When in fact this guy comes from KFSS and they are known, for the most part, NOT to participate in contact tests, sparring etc. And, he wasn't very good to boot. It a generalization most don't appreciate.

This casts a bad light on those that do use contact in their practice.

As far as the description let me add that both traded kicks in the beginning, BUT.

Marsh's kick was used as a distraction in order to get to the shoot. While the other guy was doing a kick just to do a kick. This shows the "point" mentality behind his approach. This is something a contact fighter, striker or otherwise, would not do. A kick as a primary attack has to be solid , accurate, usefull, and cannot be used as a singular movement. They guys kick was his first and most costly mistake.

As strikers go, he failed miserably. He broke the cardibnal rule by throwing a technique that left his open and stationed. Stiking and grapppling are diametrically opposite in their ends. Where strikers strive to control and maintain in a perimeter keeping centers apart, while grapplers strive to join centers either by breaching or absorbing.

It was just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Abel
    Now that we are on the subject of pathetic mismatched fights, that video named fight.avi was also VERY sad. The skinny guy was all over the place looking like a chicken with his head cut off. The other guy , although better in his usage, was 2" from a coronary. I can't believe this is what passes for martail arts these days. Its no wonder why the NHB camps look down on us.
    Last edited by Pandinha; 12/02/2012 5:49pm at .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 6:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    Please, I actually punched the fucker in the face, and he gave up after getting hit five times in the face, head and ear. Wearing a big padded face mask and tippy tapping each other is not training alive.
    OK, but if that footage isn't Alive, how can people get the same TD fist you and Rudy got, for the kind of footage shown elsewhere on this thread.

I like you, man, but I think the two of you are missing an opportunity here. Josh and I are completely cool with each other, and the drama from the past is dead as a doornail. IMO You can't repsect yourself if you can't respect the dude who hands you your arm.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/02/2012 6:46pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 6:43pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I can legitimately take a dump on Rudy's face. I was here back in the mcdojo.net days, watching Rudy morph into the forum's runaway rough gangbang queen. I watched him call everyone fags for not holding proper horse stances when aliveness was becoming the party line. You almost gotta admire that level of bloody mindedness until you realize that he's like James Dean in that he can only get off if a dude he met at a 24 hour trucker diner is putting out a lit cigarette on his ass.

Yeah, we get hangers on who want to hitchike, ticklike, to pathetic internet glory by nestling cozylike on our taints. But that happens with everything the old guard posters do. If we all suddenly concluded we liked felching, some noname with six months BJJ who posts mspaint macros, uses internet spellings for things and has seen every recent comic book movie would post ME TOO LOVE THIS ps rudy is a fag lol n00b.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 10:25pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Hey, I can legitimately take a dump on Rudy's face. I was here back in the mcdojo.net days, watching Rudy morph into the forum's runaway rough gangbang queen. I watched him call everyone fags for not holding proper horse stances when aliveness was becoming the party line. You almost gotta admire that level of bloody mindedness until you realize that he's like James Dean in that he can only get off if a dude he met at a 24 hour trucker diner is putting out a lit cigarette on his ass.

Yeah, we get hangers on who want to hitchike, ticklike, to pathetic internet glory by nestling cozylike on our taints. But that happens with everything the old guard posters do. If we all suddenly concluded we liked felching, some noname with six months BJJ who posts mspaint macros, uses internet spellings for things and has seen every recent comic book movie would post ME TOO LOVE THIS ps rudy is a fag lol n00b.
    Holy ****, you and I actually joined around the same time?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah duder. Lookit my join date. I was sleeping in my TVMA dojo at the time, 17 years old and high on the adventure of living away from home for the first time in my life.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/02/2012 11:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TVMA?

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/03/2012 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, but if that footage isn't Alive, how can people get the same TD fist you and Rudy got, for the kind of footage shown elsewhere on this thread.

I like you, man, but I think the two of you are missing an opportunity here. Josh and I are completely cool with each other, and the drama from the past is dead as a doornail. IMO You can't repsect yourself if you can't respect the dude who hands you your arm.
    If you look back some pages, I've already suggested modification of the TD and the fists.

Don't start on the revisionist bandwagon Matt. I gave props to Rudy after the fight. He came back with losing from an "Ear Grind". Everyone gets a chance, Rudy can go **** himself with his bad knees.